King Merk

I’m Done With Actualized.org

48 posts in this topic

I’m done.

Done with spirituality.

Done with mysticism.

Done with enlightenment pursuits.

Done with Leo Gura, Robert Spira, Dennis McKenna, Sadhguru, Frank Yang, Peter Ralston, Mooji, Osho, Shinzen Young, Alan Watts, Ken Wilber and the rest of them.

Let me explain myself...

I first came across Actualized.org about six or seven years ago when I was first getting into meditation.

I remember how triggering the videos always were but something kept me coming back.

Since then I’ve religiously watched every single video Leo has released on YouTube (and many from the blog).

I’ve been addicted to spiritual work... I’ve been meditating, contemplating, journaling, doing psychedelics, fasting and reading any spiritual text I could get my hands on.

My sole purpose in life has been the “elevation of consciousness”.

While this pursuit has benefitted my life tremendously, it’s time for me to drop it....

For now.

You see, I’m out of balance in my development.

I’ve put such an emphasis on spirituality that I ignored my root system.

My hierarchy of needs looks like swiss cheese and instead of addressing that I’ve tried to transcend it.

And now I’m bashing my head against a glass ceiling.

My spiritual growth is being hindred by my lack of fundamental development in life.

Who the fuck do I think I am to pursue enlightenment when I can hardly even pay my rent?

So goodbye Leo and hello Tony Robins.

It’s back to the basics for me.

I’m 25 years old and I’ve got the rest of my life to pursue spirituality.

From today on I commit to spending the next 5 years or so focusing on my relationships, financial status, life purpose, emotional mastery and physical health.

This is something I’ve know intuitively that I needed to do for a while now but the pursuit of realizing God was just so god damn exciting that I couldn’t resist.

I’ve been addicted to the spiritual high but it’s time to come back down and set my root system deep into the ground.

I share this because I see many other on this forum who appear to be in a similar situation. Which perhaps thats simply my projection but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say Leo’s teaching are above most of our heads.

It’s time for me to come back down and perhaps it is for you as well.

Here’s to working on the basics, the wisest and most conscious thing I’m capable of doing right now.

Thank you for entertaining my lament. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@King Merk That's why Papi Zero creates life too, other then spirituality (which is completed 1/1 no point in that) . Money, houses, companies b....es and cars... 

Edited by Zeroguy

To much of anything can be a bad thing. 

Even if it's good. 

Good! Work on your basics.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@King Merk

Let us know if your change in goals has changed your quality of life.

Do you feel like you're making more progress now that you're focusing on the basics? 

Would you say you are "happier" now that you feel like you're on the path to building a solid foundation? 

1 hour ago, King Merk said:

From today on I commit to spending the next 5 years or so focusing on my relationships, financial status, life purpose, emotional mastery and physical health.

Bro, meditating 20-30min a day is not going to prevent you from achieving these goals. It will only enhance your life in a most positive way.

Regards ?

It's great to be honest with yourself!

There's no shame in withdrawing to sharpen your sword, especially when your success very well depends on the sharpness of your sword.

You made the right call, and if you didn't, you'll learn something crucial, which will make it the right call :)

@King Merk Very good. Many people neglect working on the basics and it takes a lot of wisdom to know when to stop and take care of other important things.

Wisdom is the ability to set the right priorities. 

Don't think that you're somehow "going back" or "regressing". On the contrary...

You can always come back, consciousness won't run awayxD

Good luck!

@King Merk What wall are you running into on your path? What have you gained from your spiritual practice and what is different about you now compared to when you started?

Were you working alone or did you have a teacher?

Feel the same way bro! Have been a lurker for a while, and have always been wooed by spiritual topics, but your post and recent events with leo's last videos on nihilism and misapplying spiritual thinking i think is a reality check for a lot  of us. Going back to the healthy basics of tier 1 SD for a while will make us and the world stronger, without a doubt.

Good luck on your priorities!

I relate to this. Yeah you’ve gotta figure out your long-term logistics financially and address sexual/relationship needs first.

I’m still trying to sprinkle some spirituality into my life (regular kriya yoga and occasional psychs). But I’ve realized I’m falling into the “born into low stage green without having integrated previous stages, lazy hippy” trap. Going through the LP course way too slowly as well.

Good on you for taking action ?

Edited by Matt Skinner

Maybe look up - Ken Wilber - All Quadrants - All Levels (integral life practice)

Spirituality tends to focus on Personal Subjective.  I think your talking about Personal Objective (tidy your room, get organised, invest in bitcoin)

"If you seek awakening, make sure you have a life worth awakening to."

You can actually watch Leo's old videos. Those are the basics.

Good luck on your journey!

Sailing on the ceiling 

Check out Abraham Hicks. All about living your life to the fullest as well as some of the deepest spiritual truths there are. You can have your cake and eat it too. 

True love or resonance and curiosity for something is not a decision. If we were doing something just for the results, we actually held the results away from us, not realizing this THIS here, is the result. You don't make the decision to pick it up or drop it. It calls you. Find what truly calls you, it all comes from the same source, what you really are. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Amazing! Love the self reflection and brutal honesty. Get your hierarchy fixed and see you back here in a year or two.

Godspeed ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

6 hours ago, King Merk said:

Thanks for sharing, I definitely relate to your situation. Integrating Orange and the Achiever is essential. In the last couple of years I found myself getting lured into Yellow and above by Leo's teachings, but in all honesty it's not serving me as well as it could if I had solid foundations: it's contributing to spreading myself to thin and that's how my hierarchy got molded into a Swiss cheese as well :P

I've also realized that being so involved with self-help made me too one-dimensional, too on the "How-to" side, whereas I'd like to be more well-rounded, like a renaissance man, exploring various domains of life and developing passions. Go make it happen, good luck!

@King Merk Build your foundation first. I made same mistake. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"