Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machiavelli

Am I doing wrong in posting on FB " Life is a dream, God is You, Everything is dream"

24 posts in this topic

I am pursuing enlightenment since many years. And I often feel the urge to post on my facebook account that Life is a dream in infinite mind of god, You are God, There is no others etc Post like that. 
I posted many times enlightenment sayings such as of ramana maharshi , Allan Watts, Muktananada,  Ram Das, Adyashanti etc.

Now people have stopped liking my post . I have witness people are not liking my post more as compared to previous.
They think I am strange and weird.

And after suicide of that person on this forum , it concern me whether I am doing even something right by posting on timeline that you are God, There is no others etc. And other enlightenment sayings.

Most of my friends on facebook are very religious. And worship gods. 

And I am highly spiritually and into enlightenment.  And several times felt urge to post such things on my facebook .

Is this my EGO that is posting such posts . As I am showing off look guys I am into spirituality. 

Can it harm other people by discovering the TRUTH?? As most of the people are religious and worship gods . And have full faith in their religious.

I sometimes feel urge to write Truth on facebook Publicly .  

12 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

Is this my EGO that is posting such posts . As I am showing off look guys I am into spirituality. 

Not necessarily, but this is potentially a very freeing insight. Credits to Aaron Abke for this, but any time you write a post like that, just before you hit the button, ask: "who cares?" If it's coming from the (spiritual) ego, it won't be able to resist -- it will tell you if it's the one who cares, and if so, perhaps refrain from posting it.

Edited by The0Self

@machiavelli But why do you do it? 

When people don't understand what's being said (if you truly know about it) they will think your weird and weirdness is generally a bad sign in mainstream. Even if they like it, most of them don't understand it. Facebook is not the right place to say or post spiritual stuff in my opinion.

Edited by Understander

There’s nothing wrong with it, but it probably will do nothing but repulse 90% of people and bring the 10% of spiritual people on your Facebook closer to you. If you’re in it for popularity, stop. If you’re in it to increase the chance you get to meet like-minded people in your area, it’s not bad, but remember even the most spiritual people will likely disagree with much of what you believe as it’s far too radical. 

Such posting is likely not dangerous to anyone’s health as no one probably takes your word seriously enough (no offense, same goes for me) to harm themselves off of some nondual Facebook posts you put up. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

I went through a stage where I couldn't contain my desire to share my insights, I think this is a stage many go through. The "I'm a special spiritual person" stage. If there is no other, who are you sharing the insight "there is no other" with? Our whole life and belief system unravels when we have an awakening, so the only "real" thing left for the ego to hold onto is whatever that was. The awakening itself can be seen to be just as imaginary as everything else we used to hold onto. What we long for the most, but also fear the most is to just be, without grasping at past or future events as descriptions of what is. What is, is unknowable, you do not know it more than the next guy. Most on this forum a fast asleep but convinced they know everything there is to know. 

@machiavelli Good self observation and question.
I’m much like yourself and want to give expression to truth. I’ve seen myself expressing concepts that I agree with and that feel right but are not yet embodied out of a felt experience connected fully with my inner truth.  So they remain more conceptual than realized. When it comes from my being instead of my mind, there’s no doubt and it flows out naturally in tune with whatever environment it’s being conveyed into. I’m still a work in progress, myself.

I agree with a lot of what everyone else is saying, also.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

6 minutes ago, Understander said:

@machiavelli Buy why do you do it? 

When people don't understand what's being said (if you truly know about it) they will think your weird and weirdness is generally a bad sign in mainstream. Even if they like it, most of them don't understand it. Facebook is not the right place to say or post spiritual stuff in my opinion.

@Understander I dont know I often feel the urge out of lonliness to post TRUTH on Facebook. And I have done it several times.

But after the suicide of one person on this forum , I wonder whether posting radical think can trigger depression . What if they find the truth and started believing it and went to depression ?
They will probably brush off my post as they are religious.

In fact most of them dont even like my enlightenment post. 

Now my likes has decreased since then. Like volume has decreased since I started opening myself up more.

I want to clear that most of my friends on facebook are religious and worship their gods.

1 minute ago, machiavelli said:

But after the suicide of one person on this forum , I wonder whether posting radical think can trigger depression

Simply, I think that was rather a case of seeking going too far.

7 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

There’s nothing wrong with it, but it probably will do nothing but repulse 90% of people and bring the 10% of spiritual people on your Facebook closer to you. If you’re in it for popularity, stop. If you’re in it to increase the chance you get to meet like-minded people in your area, it’s not bad, but remember even the most spiritual people will likely disagree with much of what you believe as it’s far too radical. 

Such posting is likely not dangerous to anyone’s health as no one probably takes your word seriously enough (no offense, same goes for me) to harm themselves off of some nondual Facebook posts you put up. 

@BipolarGrowth  I feel the urge to post radical Truths on facebook . I have several times posted TRUTH on my timeline which have more than 100 of college friends and professor of my college and teachers. Who are not into spirituality and most of them are very religious.

Now my likes have decreased since then. I feel they think I am weird.  I feel I should post radical TRUTH on Social Media to help other people . To set them into the path of enlightenment . But they are religious. And cant even think beyond their religion.

So I am confused whether to post radical stuff on facebook or not? Should I be posting?

@machiavelli But why should you care posting radical stuff? What's the point? Don't post for a week and see what happens.

I have done the same thing. Now, people don't even like my post. And I rarely post there. It wastes your time. When I stopped posting, I realized that, mostly, I was doing for the likes.

Edited by Understander

11 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

I dont know I often feel the urge out of lonliness to post TRUTH on Facebook. And I have done it several times.

Better to uncover  Absolute Truth yourself than to post something you have no understanding of, in a sense that's also lack of honesty to yourself.

@machiavelli I advise you to stop it.

They are not into this stuff and you will most certainly not convince anybody of anything by posting such things. You're exactly like a priest of some sect who yells out all kinds of outlandish things in the middle of the street. People just don't like this sort of behavior, and for good reasons. 

You need to learn when to stop talking about such things. To them, you seem crazy and deluded, what did you expect?

Let people live their lives. After all, they don't try to drag you into their stuff, so why would you do it?

@machiavelli

It's your Facebook page. Don't apologize for decorating it with your Truth, especially if it's the actual truth (which it is).

Now, on the other hand, certain people aren't ready for certain themes, and the phrase "I am God" has a controversial air about it. As Alan Watts might say: "Don't give the game away." They are having fun, lost in the wilderness of a temporal ignorance.

But personally, I find it beautiful. To share the wisdom of reality surely comes from the highest place.

And like I said: It's your Facebook page. You're not preaching. You're merely decorating your garden in the manner that you wish it to be decorated.

It's a part of who you are. Don't deny that of yourself.

Edited by cookiemonster

28 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

@BipolarGrowth  I feel the urge to post radical Truths on facebook . I have several times posted TRUTH on my timeline which have more than 100 of college friends and professor of my college and teachers. Who are not into spirituality and most of them are very religious.

Now my likes have decreased since then. I feel they think I am weird.  I feel I should post radical TRUTH on Social Media to help other people . To set them into the path of enlightenment . But they are religious. And cant even think beyond their religion.

So I am confused whether to post radical stuff on facebook or not? Should I be posting?

Your radical spiritual Truths will likely have a small effect on helping people to awaken on your Facebook. Bottom line — it’s your social media. You want to express yourself. I say just fucking do it. You can hide your true self from your social media if you want, but this only adds to the esotericism, stigma, etc. If you’re doing covert-ops nonduality practice and no one knows that it’s one of your main passions, it just seems like a double loss. They don’t see the true you, you don’t express yourself, and they have less of a chance of being exposed to Truth which their soul is certainly searching for at some level. You might plant the seed in someone’s mind which leads them to dig deeper and discover themselves as Infinity, Love, etc. 

I used to post to Facebook 40 times a day during manic episodes in straight up Connor Murphy fashion. You know what that did? The people who didn’t matter much in my life are gone (and that includes some old close friends who weren’t right for me and I was no longer right for them), and now I have people who truly support me as who I spend my time talking to. You can dance perfectly for fake people who could give a rat’s ass about yourself by hiding what you want to post and who you are, or you could just express yourself as you wish. I know what I prefer. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

40 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Not necessarily, but this is potentially a very freeing insight. Credits to Aaron Abke for this, but any time you write a post like that, just before you hit the button, ask: "who cares?" If it's coming from the (spiritual) ego, it won't be able to resist -- it will tell you if it's the one who cares, and if so, perhaps refrain from posting it.

This is good, I'll have to try this.

I think it does ultimately come down to underlying intention, sometimes our intentions are good and we're just wanting to share some wisdom with others, but maybe at other times we're just looking for attention and/or validation. But even if that's the case, we can still utilise these moments when we have these urges by noticing what's going on inside us when they arise, being very present in our bodies and noticing exactly what we're feeling.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

22 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

@machiavelli

It's your Facebook page. Don't apologize for decorating it with your Truth, especially if it's the actual truth (which it is).

Now, on the other hand, certain people aren't ready for certain themes, and the phrase "I am God" has a controversial air about it. As Alan Watts might say: "Don't give the game away." They are having fun, lost in the wilderness of a temporal ignorance.

But personally, I find it beautiful. To share the wisdom of reality surely comes from the highest place.

And like I said: It's your Facebook page. You're not preaching. You're merely decorating your garden in the manner that you wish it to be decorated.

It's a part of who you are. Don't deny that of yourself.

+1

A tip when posting if you want to be more successful with this — you can use words like Existence or Totality of Existence in place of God or Truth in place of God or many other variations. Be creative with how you present things. “I am God” with no context is just going to trigger people and make them think you’re crazy. You have to be smart with how you present things if you want them to have any positive effect on those listening. Account for some common biases, etc. 

1. Stop using Facebook

2. If you fail step one, yes it is not a good idea to post stuff like that. It will just confuse people and spark division, ironically.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy

I feel I am addicted to Facebook. I check facebook atmost 25 times a day.

I have posted that God is nothingness on facebook post . And my post haven't recieved a like.

I still feel urge to post . But this is damaging to my social life. People think I am weird.

My likes has decreased now. For normal post too I receive less likes as compared to previous. 

My intention is only to enlighten people. But they are very religious.

2 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

My intention is only to enlighten people.

There is no need whatsoever to do this, even if they're asking for it. Certainly not when they're not asking for it. How do you even know you'll like enlightenment? You won't even be there to experience it.