Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Monk

Dr Strange Enlightenment?

7 posts in this topic

So, recently I just want the new movie Dr Strange, based upon a Marvel Comic. And, it explain how a surgeon has injuries and in order to fix them must first find the truth, and become enlightened. Which results in him doing amazing sorcery and changing time, going into parallel universes, and seeing himself from the outside his own body, as he becomes his soul, and there also is a power to become Immortal, which is done through practice and meditation, similar to what the majority of us do. Is it possible to gain magical powers from meditation, expand your life, and travel into alternate universes? Or is that just simply the Western Depiction of what Enlightenment is? Or is it possible? :o

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

I don't think that movie is very spiritual and about enlightenment, although it is beautiful and with nice effects. Its cool that they introduced new universes and other kind of 'magical' stuff BUT! It is VERY much about POWER/ PROTECTION/ KEEPING THE BODY ALIVE as long as possible and defeating others. Most of the charterers in the movie are resisting the here/now. Trying to fix the planet fighting against someone. Idk, for me it seems not the most spiritual movie. But again, i liked it and it has broader perspective on life than most other Hollywood movies so overall it is a bit 'enlightened' :D. bit in general its cool movie

Edited by Vytas

I just watched it and it was good in my opinion pretty trippy this crowd would like it.. Didn't really answer any questions kinda like I hoped it would have..  She was a good teacher no games or stupid meme's with her and everyone else was helpful. It'd be nice to have someone to talk to about whats going on instead of feeling like a ant trying to solve calculus.. Heck it's not like anything is at stake with how I choose to proceed, I don't know why Im so afraid and worring so much about the future.. Anyways good movie ?? I recommend it.. 

It's better to burn out than fade away

16 hours ago, Aamir King said:

So, recently I just want the new movie Dr Strange, based upon a Marvel Comic. And, it explain how a surgeon has injuries and in order to fix them must first find the truth, and become enlightened. Which results in him doing amazing sorcery and changing time, going into parallel universes, and seeing himself from the outside his own body, as he becomes his soul, and there also is a power to become Immortal, which is done through practice and meditation, similar to what the majority of us do. Is it possible to gain magical powers from meditation, expand your life, and travel into alternate universes? Or is that just simply the Western Depiction of what Enlightenment is? Or is it possible? :o

Don't think it's really the best movie to watch about actual enlightenment. It glorifies it and actually has nothing to do with ego if you haven't noticed just magic and sorcery which of course is not what it's about.

To be fair I didn't watch most of it I only picked out a few bits to get a gist of the movie as it was recommended but I quickly realized It's still a superhero movie for mainstream audiences which means it's never ever going to be that deep usually which it wasn't. I did like the trippy scene where she got him to go out of his body into the astral form or whatever. Also that the film would be a great way to open people's left brained mind to Eastern philosophy but probably not since most people will just brush it off as complete fiction.

Dont get me wrong most of it is but definitely not some of it since it borrows from actual mystic teachings. 

Just my opinion but I stopped watching films like this a long time ago. I think they are usually a waste of time especially these marvel films but do what you please ;)

Edited by Live Life Liam

I just watched this movie today with my family members - 7 of us. :) Before the movie, no one knew what the movie is about. We just got together for enjoyment - that's all. After the movie, the reaction was, "Oh my gosh, I was thinking of 'Key Elements' the whole time!" Because I'm the only one in the family who openly talks about enlightenment.

What do I think about the movie? I could relate to the "soul" part when he's on the operating table having an outer body experience. I could also relate to having an experience into space. Yes, 'paranormal powers' could be developed.

However, yes, I agree that this movie is very exaggerated to fit any mainstream culture.

Edited by Key Elements