Gregp

New video: Overcoming nihilism

42 posts in this topic

I am not nihilistic because I think that suffer is not good.

For example: I think that a civilzacion that sacrifies children and torture people is worst than a pacific civilization.

Somebody can create strong beileves, values and judgments from that POV.

Where am I wrong?

And yeah Leo, in practice, for you behavior, you also believe that. That Nihilistic spirituallity can´t be sustain in practice. 

Why did you launch a new initiative to help people in the forum who has suicidal or depression problems? Because you Believe what I say in the first paragraph.

Edited by RedLine

7 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Where am I wrong?

You are wrong that anything is wrong ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are wrong that anything is wrong ;)

If depression and suicidal thoughts are not wrong, why are you trying to help them?

2 minutes ago, RedLine said:

If depression and suicidal thoughts are not wrong, why are you trying to help them?

Love!

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Love!

So you morality believes comes from Love and JP, science and conservatives morality believes come from ego attachments. Pretty biased.

9 minutes ago, RedLine said:

So you morality believes comes from Love and JP, science and conservatives morality believes come from ego attachments. Pretty biased.

No. The difference is that I understand that all morality is invented and relative and selfish whereas JP and conservatives do not.

I fully admit and embrace that my morality is groundless. It is purely my personal perference and bias. My morality is not normative nor objective. Not so for conservatives.

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No. The difference is that I understand that all morality is invented and relative and selfish whereas JP and conservatives do not.

I fully admit and embrace that my morality is groundless. It is purely my personal perference and bias. My morality is not normative nor objective. Not so for conservatives.

It is just your INTP bias to think that the morality of others have some objetive or methapisical basis ; you want to bring everyting to abstract terms but what if the moral of the others is as practical as yours?

You think it is good to aliviate suffer of depressed people

JP thinks it is good to aliviate suffer of depressed people

Same stuff

Your thinking is "personal preference" and JP thinking is methaphisical values? If they are just preferences why don´t it change much? I don´t see you in the past or the future defending that being depressed and suffer is good, those believes are as strong as JP´s believes. You are in the same boat that him. In fact I see more ego in your judments than him in many cases.

Edited by RedLine

28 minutes ago, RedLine said:

It is just your INTP bias to think that the morality of others have some objetive or methapisical basis

No. It is not I who says their morality has an objective basis. It is THEY who say that.

I say that all morality is just selfishness.

; you want to bring everyting to abstract terms but what if the moral of the others is as practical as yours?

Practical is just selfishness. Of course there are many people how have practical morality. The point of all morality is to be practical and to serve one's survival. But this doesn't make it true. It is a fiction.

You think it is good to aliviate suffer of depressed people

JP thinks it is good to aliviate suffer of depressed people

Same stuff

Not the same stuff.

I know that everything is Good. JP doesn't. Nor do you.

Your thinking is "personal preference" and JP thinking is methaphisical values?

No, all morality is personal preference. The difference is, I am honest about it, people like JP are not.

If they are just preferences why don´t it change much? I don´t see you in the past or the future defending that being depressed and suffer is good, those believes are as strong as JP´s believes. You are in the same boat that him.

No two people in the world have the exact same morality. Which clearly tells you that morality is relative.

Moral systems around the world and across time vary enormously.

There are many commonalities because humans tends to have similar survival needs. Since morality is pure selfishness, people tend to be selfish in similar ways.

- - - - -

The core problem here is that you fundamentally don't understand relativity. Contemplate what relativity is.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

This says it all, But it's hard for people to realize this because they want to believe that their morality is objective and true.

11 minutes ago, Absolute said:

This says it all, But it's hard for people to realize this because they want to believe that their morality is objective and true.

It is impossible to hold any morality, or anything in general, if you don't think it is "objective and true". 

Leo thinks Spiral Dynamics is objective and truth. Of course he wouldn't use these two words because they have methapisical or materialistic resonancences but he believe it, you wouldn't genuine defend something you believe it is not truth.

And yeah you could say it is not truth but "a good map to understand reality" but you are just changing words here, words games.

Edited by RedLine

15 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Leo thinks Spiral Dynamics is objective and truth.

I'm not sure he does, I don't think so.

15 minutes ago, RedLine said:

And yeah you could say it is not truth but "a good map to understand reality" but you are just changing words here, words games.

It's definitely not Truth but indeed quite a good map to understand society, not reality.

Edited by Absolute

19 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Leo thinks Spiral Dynamics is objective and truth.

Dude, your posts seriously lack nuance.

If you keep going down this road of misunderstanding you will be asked to leave the forum. You are misunderstanding a lot of stuff.

Spiral Dynamics is a relative fiction. I share it with you guys as training wheels for making some bit of sense of the social and political landscape -- without which you would be lost like a baby in the middle of the ocean.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you keep going down this road of misunderstanding you will be asked to leave the forum. You are misunderstanding a lot of stuff.

Don't be so hard on the poor guy, it's his ignorance that created his bliss. Better to ask him for open-mindedness!

Edited by Absolute

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Spiral Dynamics is a relative fiction. I share it with you guys as training wheels for making some bit of sense of the social and political landscape -- without which you would be lost like a baby in the middle of the ocean.

Which is basically the definition of truth. Chains of words to understand reality.

What do you think people think a true idea is? Something flying in the air? A bubble in the head of God?

Edited by RedLine

8 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Which is basically the definition of truth. Chains of words to understand reality.

What do you think people think a true idea is? Something flying in the air? A bubble in the head of God?

my friend, society is a 1% of reality. You will not understand Reality with it.

29 minutes ago, Absolute said:

Don't be so hard on the poor guy, it's his ignorance that created his bliss. Better to ask him for open-mindedness!

My patience for nonsense is limited.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My patience for nonsense is limited.

I understand that, obviously for him it's not nonsensical but rather his fundamental ground for reality.

32 minutes ago, RedLine said:

An idea is never true. That being said, reflect on it. Are your ideas of reality really true?

Edited by Absolute

10 minutes ago, Absolute said:

An idea is never true. That being said, reflect on it. Are your ideas of reality really true?

Man don't you understand I am already in relativistic posmodern mode and I am trying to synthetize this with classic ontology, through the notion of "truth". I am trying to say we are not that different with the modern and premodern people. Just need to read between lines. I use question as style.

You are treating me with condescension as if I were stupid. And also Leo very closed minded, don't even trying to understand what I want to say, as always. If guess it is too advanced for him and prefer to stick to basic perennial stuff from the 60s.

7 minutes ago, RedLine said:

You are treating me with condescension as if I were stupid.

I did no such thing, nice projections though..

Nihilism is a product of an empty heart. Nihilism is not rocket science. It is a lack of feeling in one's life. Feelings are really the thing that keep you alive; feelings cause you to move and not be stationary. I still have to watch the video though. The videos are so long.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust