AxelK

Reclaiming Your Inner Child

11 posts in this topic

I feel a big part of my self actualization and improvement journey is about reclaiming the magical feeling of being alive i had when i was a child. Has anyone here regained that, and if so, how did you do it? Is it even possible?

The first point in this video is what made me realise this, it starts at 7:00.

Edited by AxelK

At times I truly have and it's wonderful. It's moments when everything becomes new and fresh again and you embrace all that life has to offer. I think you can obtain that right here and now but you may have to put a little bit of effort in. The more vulnerable you are and open the more you become free and therefore the inner child comes out.

Most children express themselves fully and wholly considering they don't have trauma but the conditioning of society slowly turns them into a adult which is essentially the same as the child except with all these rules and regulations on how to live.

My advice and technique to you is to begin reconnecting to the things and activities you loved as a child and also begin opening up your heart but I warn you this will be terrifying to your ego especially if your identified with being masculine. When you feel like expressing yourself in a certain way do it and don't hold back even if that resistant ego is stopping you. This is hard to do but the more you do it the more you begin to not give a fuck and essentially break free. Other than this meditation and self inquiry are of course perfect ways to do this as they get rid of the false self so you realise your true nature more and by doing that become more authentic. 

Of course enlightenment is usually the perfect way to reconnect with your inner child because with no more ego means no more pretending to be something your not overtime. The goal is to eliminate all ideas, concepts and ideologies of who you think you are which isn't what you have grown up to believe. When you are a child you have barely any identity so remember all you have to do is get rid of that which holds you back.

Also try spend more time with the people that open up your playful side more it will help. Be with those who love your childlike side since we all have that side even a little bit as adults.

Good luck! I know you can do it.

Edited by Live Life Liam

this is something I always considered important, even before of starting self actualization. hardly never stoped doing something I liked and I have the same hobbies that I had when I was 8.

WOW THIS THREAD SPEAKS TO ME DEEPLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been focusing heavily on reclaiming the inner child and I've had experiences where I felt completely immersed in the beauty of the moment, where the illusion of fiction completely invested me, where I focus on just having fun and where I stop over-thinking everything. I feel like it's been my purpose to return to that childlike state and during October, I spent the whole month watching Halloween classics and I truly felt like I've returned to the wonder, whimsy, and nightmares of my childhood imagination. I'm only 22 years old and I've been consistently happy. I returned to the childhood paradise of California and re-captured appreciating everything! I've recaptured my deep passion for stories and movies and I have that unapologetic childlike authenticity where I make people laugh easily. 

11 minutes ago, Zane said:

WOW THIS THREAD SPEAKS TO ME DEEPLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been focusing heavily on reclaiming the inner child and I've had experiences where I felt completely immersed in the beauty of the moment, where the illusion of fiction completely invested me, where I focus on just having fun and where I stop over-thinking everything. I feel like it's been my purpose to return to that childlike state and during October, I spent the whole month watching Halloween classics and I truly felt like I've returned to the wonder, whimsy, and nightmares of my childhood imagination. I'm only 22 years old and I've been consistently happy. I returned to the childhood paradise of California and re-captured appreciating everything! I've recaptured my deep passion for stories and movies and I have that unapologetic childlike authenticity where I make people laugh easily. 

:D

Its funny we live in a world where we need to take a substance or to take unique sometimes extreme life path/choices to get us back to our original state, to the child state, the infinite state.

I've always said: The keys of the universe reside inside the childs mind.

Notice how the child can watch the same thing over and over every day yet in pure amazement every time?
Now what happens when you take Psychedelics or Meditate daily? see the connection?

B R E A T H E

@AxelK Stop being distracted by media. They try to instil you with fear and worry. Ever noticed how free of worry and fear children are? Pay attention to synchronicities in your life. Change your beliefs and subconscious mind and watch how your reality changes. Experiment with that. Be more in nature, and be in awe of its beauty. Experiment with psychedelics. Meditate. Pick up a skill...draw, paint, write, sculpt, sing, dance...

I really like this topic. I feel the older we get, the more we need to stay intuned with our inner child. 

IMG_3433.JPG

On 11/5/2016 at 1:48 PM, AxelK said:

reclaiming the magical feeling of being alive i had when i was a child. Has anyone here regained that, and if so, how did you do it? Is it even possible?

Innocence has to be supported, protected — because the child has brought with him the greatest treasure, the treasure that sages find after arduous effort. Sages become children again, they are reborn.

Every child is being stuffed with knowledge. This removes his simplicity because it is not an advantage in a competitive world. His innocence will be exploited in every possible way. Afraid of society and the world, we try to make every child clever, cunning, knowledgeable — to be in the category of the powerful, so that he is not oppressed and powerless.

Whenever you understand that you've missed life, the first principle to be brought back is innocence. Drop your knowledge; forget your scriptures, religions, theologies and philosophies. Be born again, become innocent. Clean your mind of all that is not known by you, of all that is borrowed, all that has come from tradition, convention, all that has been given to you by others — parents, teachers, universities. Just get rid of it.

Once again be simple, be a child. And this miracle is possible by meditation. Meditation simply cuts you away from all that is not yours and saves only that which is your authentic being. 

When Jesus was asked what kind of people will enter his kingdom of heaven, he replied, "Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children." Very few people are able to regain this paradise, however. People generally live in the state of "paradise lost"; the situation of "paradise regained" comes in the lives of very few.

TBH This happens everytime i take enthoegens or do a water fast.

My fasts would average 4-21 days, the longer the purer you become, the better you feel. Its a much more matured inner child vibe you get from fasting though. You are extremely calm and nothing really bothers you that easily as you are at peace and in more joy than usual with your temple/body being pure for the first time in a while.

Where as if you take LSD for example you get a more playful like vibe with the same hyper-awareness but on intense-mode while fasting/meditation is a gradual balanced-mode and only in hyper-drive when needed. Note: I also did meditation 1-2x daily during the fasts which has a profound synergistic effect that amplifies and potentiates one another.

The body/mind being pure, thoughts are not there as they used to be, consumption's=thoughts, everything is like data(in a way) my experience with The Spirit Molecule i learned that everything we put in our bodies ultimately holds a vibrational code with its own unique frequency that adds on to the program=you, its like information or data downloaded and now our performance is slightly tweaked with an added vibrational code that is now a part of you thus a thought is manifested as consciousness resides in all things.

B R E A T H E