Leo Gura

Looking For New Mods Who Will Help People With Serious Emotional Issues

158 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Your primary job would be to monitor the forum for people who are seriously struggling, depressed, or suicidal, and helping to guide them towards some real-world treatment options because this forum is not sufficient for such hard cases.

Very good! ???

one day this will all be memories

This is a good move. It will help people with Emotional issues to open up rather being demonized.

I think often the main reason why people with such issues end up committing suicide is because they're being labeled as unhinged or lunatic and the fear of such branding causes them to not open up about how they actually feel. As a result they can never get the help they want.

Opening up about such issues is the first step 

Also understand that constantly telling a person to seek professional counseling is not helpful because many people do not have access to such resources or these resources aren't helping them. And we can never know what sort of struggles they are going through.

So it's important to have someone on board on here who will help a person open up about their issues.

I'm pretty sure that with adequate support from the mod, most people wouldn't commit suicide or take extreme measures.

Most often during such situations all you need is someone to simply talk you out of it. During the moment. Even if the person talking you out of it is a stranger.

In case of Sunny/Soonhei he wasn't very vocal about his intentions. I'm pretty sure if he was, then most people would have talked him out and this tragedy could have been prevented.

All you need is to be more open about how you feel.

But for this a community is supposed to be supportive rather than demonizing. Stop labeling people for their issues or making them feel branded. Stop shaming them for their Emotional issues and they will be more likely to open up.

And with an effective mod on board, they can easily feel better and recover.

The flip side being if they don't feel better then it's a tricky area. In which case they could be told to seek help and not use spirituality because the spiritual advice will only make them worse.

I notice that in the meditation section some of these people casually talk about death. This is dangerous and I saw Soonhei/Sunny in that section. I never saw him in the Emotional Section.

I can tell you from my experience that people who are emotional and suicidal are less likely to.commit suicide because they tend to develop resilience against it. It's mostly people who are least expected to commit suicide who actually end up doing it. It's tricky.

I think the Meditation Section needs some bullshit-proof modding.

I see tons of bullshit everyday in that section, posts that don't make any sense, spirituality applied very casually, death being heralded as some sort of spiritual glory, Stop that BS. People who come in there need to be monitored and told to not promote crazy ideas about subjectivity 

I think this forum lacks objectivity. I understand that spirituality is important but a bit of objectivity will keep you grounded in life. A bit of rationality.

I never see anyone being challenged on their lack of rationality in the meditation section. 

If someone makes a post that jumping off a bridge is transcendence to higher reality then make the person seriously consider what they are thinking. This kind of thinking creates blunder. 

People who lack rationality need to be challenged seriously on their framework.

It's delusional to not understand the difference between life and death and use spirituality as an explanation for normal everyday life stuff.

That's why all these Turquoise Teachings in that section needs serious consideration.

They talk about these teachings pretty flippantly. 

I mean are you going to stop eating food because you think there is no self. Where is the objectivity in this ?

Some of the questions asked there seriously blows my mind because it doesn't make sense.

I think disclaimers such "please don't use these teachings to cause body harm or neglect common sense in everyday life" will be extremely helpful. 

Because these people are bordering on not understanding the difference between spirituality and basic common sense for everyday survival.

Incidents like the Soonhei thing are more likely to occur through such blurring and misunderstandings between spiritual and pragmatic.

I would say keep putting up more disclaimers.

Ultimately suicide is a personal issue. The forum has a large number of people coming in. Statistics will always exist. At least one person out of so many will always end up doing such things because even in general population, 40,000 commit suicide every year. 

At the end of the day, a seemingly normal person can end up taking their life despite showing no signs of depression or ideation.

People even take their lives if they have financial issues. It's not always about mental health.

These things are unavoidable and so the forum ultimately cannot be held responsible for someone's personal choices.

Make clear cut disclaimers that the forum is not responsible for how a person conducts themselves in their lives nor is the forum responsible for their personal choices.

What people eventually do is their own discretion.

Nobody can really stop a person if they really decide to take their life.

It's absurd to hold people responsible for someone's personal choices.

At the same time, moderation on the Meditation Section needs to be done and people need to be told to stop mixing common sense with spiritual theory.

They are seriously misrepresenting non dual teaching in the Meditation Section. Always taking it out of context.

Concentrate mod resources into the Meditation and Emotional Section.

For example use disclaimers while giving spiritual advice.

The spiritual advice in these posts could have easily been accompanied with disclaimers of no body harm. This is not a hard thing to do for the mods.

5al7ic.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

58 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Imagine taking that burden and having that on your conscious..

Aren't we all carrying the burden of not helping? 

11 minutes ago, Opo said:

Exactly.

53 minutes ago, Opo said:

It's not the same as if you actually try and fail. 

I sent my PM. This is along the lines of my life purpose. Logic points me to think that it would fit like a glove. I’ve already been trying to do this stuff for years and have talked multiple people from suicide and other crisis situations before. 
Dealing with Bipolar Depression

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@BipolarGrowth you're the best for this role 

@Leo Gura you should really consider this guy for this. I highly recommend.100% helpful guy 

26 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

It's not the same as if you actually try and fail. 

If you're intentions are pure I don't think you would feel shitty, but I'm just guessing.

2 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

The emergency crisis mods should have their own special username color 

No.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Sent a well worded PM to you Leo.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Motivated for what @Nahm?

You will want to end bad dream for possibility of better one .You can create a better dream but it really is not the same.

In every moment you can say fuck this shit it doesn't matter one bit anyway lets off myself.Infinite Love forever  ,I mean lets not lie ourselves.

One thing is @SoonHei who wasn't awake to same degree as @Leo Gura.

As Alex dude I can always I saved my ass from this crap I was lead to beleive in because there was no oposite.

Edited by Zeroguy

Also since they are all made ups from my perspective why would I help anyone.

They all beleive in their delusions because they have to ,to keep illusion of their life alive.SInce there really isn't any other but themselves tripping balls out ,other can't be cause of their emotional shit.They have to lie and pretend so hard.

Only real satisfaction and only point of life is to get and earn money post enlightnment.People,what people?

How things really are.

Boyfriend you break up with is your imagination and is literally just you.

Enlightenment renders all emotional stuff as clear BS.

Deluding myself to help them clear their delusions lol.

Edited by Zeroguy

There is also big question of intrinsic egoic motivation of people who want to provide help.Why themselves are willing to lose themselves in such dream?

Those who are lost in their emotional shit=all pure ego are not ones really capable of love at all.All they want is their self interest to be fulfilled.How much you can beleive in anything they say because for them reality is real and are the ones who are giving full validity to realness of all this.

I myself payed on my skin full price of that shit.

I refuse to be nanny for that.

You are so awesome ,no you are liars deceivers and everything else.

Edited by Zeroguy

@Zeroguy You're just rambling. None of this is true, it's just your distorted perspective. 

Edited by Raptorsin7

27 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

There is also big question of intrinsic egoic motivation of people who want to provide help.Why themselves are willing to lose themselves in such dream?

Those who are lost in their emotional shit=all pure ego are not ones really capable of love at all.All they want is their self interest to be fulfilled.How much you can beleive in anything they say because for them reality is real and are the ones who are giving full validity to realness of all this.

I myself payed on my skin full price of that shit.

I refuse to be nanny for that.

You are so awesome ,no you are liars deceivers and everything else.

Wow,

You're so fucking selfish ???

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

10 hours ago, modmyth said:

There is this notion that many, many people who become mental health care givers/ therapists do so because they had problems, some of them very serious. I've known a handful of people who studied psychology and did/ wanted to become therapists and counsellors too, and this is something that we talked about.

You've gotta ask where the motivation to help people comes from, as well as the ability to actually identify well with "troubled people" very well.

Yeah this makes a lot of sense. I have an interest in psychology and I have a cousin with mental health issues who's on track to be a teacher/counsellor in the future. 

I know i was always interested in psychology growing up and I am pretty crazy

I sent you a PM on April 30 offering to moderate, noting the imbalance of male mods around here and received no response. Soonhei's situation had nothing to do with you and a sharp person would not have spotted an issue because of the nature of his posts. After seeing how the one mod who goes above and beyond day in day out helping with issues on this forum who was actively helping in this case was thrown under the bus I can't imagine applying to take on this level of responsibility after that. How about we start to value emotions and helping people as a whole in this community? Otherwise you're just going to end up with burnt out, unappreciated people. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

How about we start to value emotions and helping people as a whole in this community? Otherwise you're just going to end up with burnt out, unappreciated people. 

This community is mind orientated,  intp. It will take a lot for a thinker to integrate their feeling side.  Thinkers like @Forestluv and jung are exceptional people (true turquoise).

Edited by Proserpina

???????