herghly

Leo, What is a burning question you still are trying to understand?

92 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Absolute said:

I think when you uncovered Absolute Truth you over looked the fact that this whole experience is a miracle.

I overlooked so such thing.

The desire to "just want to" perform miracles is one that blooms from ego, a selfish one

I was not talking about a selfish desire.

You guys here way over-project egoic desire. Not everything other than Nothingness is an egoic desire. This kind of redictionism is problematic and stunts exploration of consciousness.

This is why I shouldn't even share my deepest goals with you. You don't get.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's not how it works for most people.

You could meditate for 1 hour per day for 40 years and never reach enlightenment. But if you combined all those hours into a single block that is 2 weeks long, you are way more likely to reach enlightenment. This is why hardcore retreats are so important and why most normies who do casual meditation will never reach enlightenment. Enlightenment is rare precisely because you can't build it up like a muscle in most cases, you need to go balls to the wall for a breakthrough, and most people are too unseriousness to meditate for 2 weeks straight.

It is possible to develop some meditation muscle slowly over years, but more than likely such weak sauce will not get you to radical mystical consciousness. This is why monks exist. It's just much more effective to go hardcore as a monk.

Which meditation technique do you recommend while doing 2 weeks of hardcore mediation?

In Tate we trust

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is why I shouldn't even share my deepest goals with you. You don't get.

"For example, I once was so conscious I could almost reach a point where I could turn on and off the lights in my room using my mind. But I still was not conscious enough."

I wasn't in any way tearing you down and I was saying it from a place of Love. I get what you're saying and I agree with your theory because for me It's not a theory anymore. All I'm saying is it can't come from a place of 'I WANT to understand this" or to just "want to find out". I'm talking from direct experience, using mind to effect objective reality, as in another person also experiencing the phenomena.

Edited by Absolute

@Leo Gura I am curious what you think about this perspective by Bashar on the importance of understanding what he terms 'permission slips' in our consciousness as explained in the video in this previous post: (as applied to for example the exploration of psychedelics, meditation and every other kind of method, ritual etc.) There seem to be many collectively agreed upon belief systems which provide many different ways of expanding one's awareness and understanding of the nature of reality, just like there are many different messengers and messages which enter our personal and collective consciousness synchronistically providing valuable information about the next level of evolution at every stage of development. Overall a very holistic perfect system, and very personally tailored in our unique reality perception. 

Edited by Victor van Rijn

6 minutes ago, Victor van Rijn said:

@Leo Gura I am curious what you think about this perspective by Bashar on the importance of understanding what he terms 'permission slips' in our consciousness as explained in the video in this previous post:

Don't fall for this circus parade, in other words don't get caught up in the illusions this man is trying you to make you believe. It's disrespect towards Truth and it won't help you along the path.

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Which meditation technique do you recommend while doing 2 weeks of hardcore mediation?

Whatever you like.

Mindfulness with labeling is very good because it is so rigorous. But tedious as hell.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How to achieve DMT levels of consciousness while sober.

How to perform miracles.

It's still not clear to me how high it's possible to develop one's baseline state of consciousness. Like, is there some limit? And what is that limit? Does the human body have inescapable limits? Or can those limits be transcended?

When I read that, one thing comes to my mind. In the book "The Sedona Method" (at least in the version I read) there was this model of human consiousness made of 4 deeper wishes that can be visualised as a tree. The 4 wishes are the wish for survival, approval/love, control and being seperate. All these wishes also have a flipside, like the wish for dying, being disliked, getting controlled and being one.

As for the visualisation as a tree, the wish for serperateness would be the ground in which the tree stands and that feeds the tree, the wish for survival would be the roots and the wishes for love and control would be the trunk. Then the branches and leafs would be particular emotions like sadness, anger, courage, acceptance etc. (branches) and thoughts ("I hate this bitch", "I'm so lucky, that I got this job", "Why didn't I do ....")

I'm sure you read the book (since I found it on your booklist) and if you read the same version you also propably now about the 4 deeper wishes but what I'm trying to tell you is that maybe if you concentrate enough on the wish of being seperate/being one and work with that/let enough of it go it becomes obvious how you can do such things. This wish to me seems like the very thing that your human existence is made of and as such blocks your higher consiousness.

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Whatever you like.

Mindfulness with labeling is very good because it is so rigorous. But tedious as hell.

have your views on kriya changed?

17 minutes ago, herghly said:

have your views on kriya changed?

I still need to explore it deeper. My exploration of Kriya was completley derailed for the last 1.5 years due to my gut problems.

The best way to achieve such things as miracles and super-awareness is simply to not desire them.

"
To tame a rutting elephant, who has snapped his tethering-post,
and to walk him under our control — that is possible.
To muzzle a bear, or a fierce tiger — that is possible.
To ride upon the back of the incomparable lion — that is possible.
To charm snakes, and make them dance — that is possible.
To put mercury into a furnace, transform the five base metals,
sell them, and live from the proceeds — that is possible.
To wander the earth, invisible to everyone else — that is possible.
To command the celestials in our own service — that is possible.
To remain forever young — that is possible.
To transmigrate into another physical body — that is possible.
To walk on water, or to sit amidst flames — that is possible.
To attain supernatural powers, that know no equal — that is possible.
But the ability to control the mind, and remain still, without desire is very difficult indeed."-Thayumanavar

22 minutes ago, lardplanet said:

The best way to achieve such things as miracles and super-awareness is simply to not desire them.

Be careful, It can be very misleading

My research into witchcraft and similar things says that desire or intention is KEY to doing it.

There is especially a lot of emphasis on having a very good focus (a.k.a. concentration) with the proper intention, it's like one of the core fundamentals of this skill

I even came up with a good analogy from my readings, your concentration skill - is like your mana from RPG games, and your visualization skill - is like a spell power.

More mana allows you to cast more and higher tier spells and spell power makes them more powerful and juicy

Edited by Hello from Russia

1 hour ago, Hello from Russia said:

My research into witchcraft and similar things says that desire or intention is KEY to doing it.

There is especially a lot of emphasis on having a very good focus (a.k.a. concentration) with the proper intention, it's like one of the core fundamentals of this skill

I even came up with a good analogy from my readings, your concentration skill - is like your mana from RPG games, and your visualization skill - is like a spell power.

More mana allows you to cast more and higher tier spells and spell power makes them more powerful and juicy

Intention is the steering wheel for life 

@Hello from Russia You misunderstand, desire for such things cannot bring you true happiness and peace, supernatural powers are illusory appearances and are only desired for the purpose of enjoying fame, pleasures, curiosity etc. Instead of pursuing them find the source from which such desires and thoughts arise and establish yourself there.

11 minutes ago, lardplanet said:

supernatural powers are illusory appearances and are only desired for the purpose of enjoying fame, pleasures, curiosity etc.

They're not illusory as in that they do not exist. It's also not always the case that the desire comes from a selfish standpoint.

Have you studied this stuff, @Leo Gura? from what i understand, Magick is basically another word for Consciousness, and more specifically, the "miracle"-forming quality of consciousness.

I purposely avoided it until now, because i figured this type of western spirituality attracted all sorts of wackos and i wanted to have a more stable mind and awakening before diving in.

The most interesting part so far is understanding everything i know about God and Love and Consciousness and Nothingness and basically all the stuff you teach, through the new lens of western symbolism. It has been some time since i felt like i'm learning something completely new. It definitely connects some dots. 

I also enjoy the process of patiently filtering all the information and all the biases of the teacher.

This channel Mystery School seems to explain things pretty well. He isn't God-Realized, but then again, most people aren't (and that's not what i'm on his channel for anyway) I tried starting to learn this stuff from books and other people, but so far this is the only guy that made me stick to it, because i feel that he explains thing well for beginners. (or maybe i'm just dumb, who knows XD).

I found out valuable stuff from Jason Louv and Damien Echols also. They got me a rough idea of the areas that are worth exploring in Magick and what supposedly actually works best.

@Absolute  They are illusory because of the belief they exist apart from you which is what creates the need to pursue them, this is because desire can only exist if there is something separate from the subject who desires, when that separation is not there desire no longer exists. As a result desire is selfish by its nature but the source from which desire comes from is not so.

Edited by lardplanet

1 hour ago, lardplanet said:

@Hello from Russia You misunderstand, desire for such things cannot bring you true happiness and peace, supernatural powers are illusory appearances and are only desired for the purpose of enjoying fame, pleasures, curiosity etc. Instead of pursuing them find the source from which such desires and thoughts arise and establish yourself there.

I sense a lot of dogma here

3 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

Go to a cemetery at midnight and pray for any souls that remain. Good way to see/feel something if you’re skeptical. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Hello from Russia What is more dogmatic, the knowledge that happiness is limited to acquiring magic or the knowledge that happiness is not limited to acquiring anything?

1 hour ago, Bogdan said:

I also enjoy the process of patiently filtering all the information and all the biases of the teacher.

This is very good.