herghly

Leo, What is a burning question you still are trying to understand?

92 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have a desire to understand what a miracle is.

Egoic desire clung to and dragged into / mixed with God-realization? I don't know either, but I have a strong intuition it's possible. @BipolarGrowth might agree. Apart from the miracle that this absolutely is already, of course.

@The0Self It is problematic to regard the desire for self-understanding as "egoic". Very problematic.

Be careful not to create a shadow out of the mind.

Self-understanding is the highest of desires.

And be careful not to create a shadow out of desire.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@The0Self It is problematic to regard the desire for self-understanding as "egoic". Very problematic.

Be careful not to create a shadow out of the mind.

Yeah I was just speculating on how a miracle can somehow be chosen. Not speaking highly of anything egoic in any way whatsoever. Ego ain't my friend.

You misunderstood. It seems you thought I was translating what you wrote into my own interpretation. That's not what I did. The sentence:

"Egoic desire clung to and dragged into / mixed with God-realization?"

Was merely a speculation on what exactly a miracle might be. That's it. Wasn't related to your desire for understanding (which I share).

Edited by The0Self

I believe mastering your life energy (prana) is the doorway to infinite possibilities or miracles.

Energy work practices such as Kriya or Tao is not same as a simple fucking mindfulness meditation. 

So really consider dedicate some time study these materials in-depth.

@GreenWoods and I passionately discuss our experiences or researches in the topic bellow.

This is what you think a miracle is? You got a low opinion of miracles.

5 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

I believe mastering your life energy (prana) is the doorway to infinite possibilities or miracles.

Energy work practices such as Kriya or Tao is not same as a simple fucking mindfulness meditation.

Meh, most such people aren't gonna be powerful enough to perform miracles.

I think the real key is having insane levels of consciousness -- beyond even what most psychedelics allow. I just don't know how it can be sustained.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is what you think a miracle is? You got a low opinion of miracles.

It was UTTER spur of the moment explosion of speculation. A miracle is all there is.

7 minutes ago, The0Self said:

A miracle is all there is.

Yes, but that's not what is being considered in my question. The question is how to change the physical flow of material reality.

For example, I once was so conscious I could almost reach a point where I could turn on and off the lights in my room using my mind. But I still was not conscious enough.

According to my theory, if you become conscious enough you should be able to send an email to anyone in the world using your mind. The only thing stopping it is your lack of consciousness.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but that's not what is being considered in my question. The question is how to change the physical flow of material reality.

Well, as a start: Miracle = Desire + responsibility for everything (being love).

Getting to the bottom of something always starts with dumb baseless claims.

What about x? Obviously not.

What about y? Clearly that's dumb.

z? Maybe?

Etc.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I think the real key is having insane levels of consciousness -- beyond even what most psychedelics allow. I just don't know how it can be sustained.

It can be sustained threw purification of your vessel, your Body at every layer. To be in tune with the Whole.

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

7 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

It can be sustained threw purification of your vessel, your Body at every layer. To be in tune with the Whole.

+1

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

For example, I once was so conscious I could almost reach a point where I could turn on and off the lights in my room using my mind. But I still was not conscious enough.

According to my theory, if you become conscious enough you should be able to send an email to anyone in the world using your mind. The only thing stopping it is your lack of consciousness.

I've had the exact same experience with the lights (and similar miraculous events but less personal; more like guardian angel type experiences; not what you're talking about). And I share that same intuition that one can literally do anything with enough consciousness. It's just lack of consciousness, and perhaps identification with an arbitrarily unpowerful aspect of the whole, which limits one's abilities. And there are perhaps some other complications that haven't become clear enough for me to write down or convey, but they seem to be there. Perhaps identification with the whole would have to act through your seen-as-empty limited body-mind. "You" probably could not choose it in the normal way we think of choice.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A very high level of consciousness is definetly a must, but I don't think that's enough without specific training.

One could temporarily be in a Jesus-level and still not know how to perform a gross physical miracle.

Consider an analogy with music, during a trip you probably can reach even better musical consciousness than the best composers of all time have sober, but still you are probably not gonna come up with a musical masterpiece if you are not a trained musician. 

Edited by Fran11

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Meh, most such people aren't gonna be powerful enough to perform miracles.

But maybe they are, please stay open to such possiblity. To me "Maybe" was the wise answer that you edited it. :)

The life energy is doing everything in your body to sustain your experience in physical reality as life, but the whole process in being done unconsciously, but you can become conscious how you are doing it by mastering the energy and this will even open the gates to access a whole new level of consciousness and miracles.

By mastering your life energy.

how can you really do such miraculous job when you cant even control your thoughts? you need to gain access to the command center in your body to be able to do any of such things.

in a psychedelic trip you don't do anything to reach a high level of consciousness, the prana (the substance) is doing everything necessary in your brain for you to reach that level, so the whole process is being done unconsciously so how do you expect to have any control to either sustain it or prolong it or break it or any kind of of control over it? not possible without controlling the life force.

Edited by m0hsen

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

EXACTLY.

It takes a lot more steadiness and actually time for LUCK to manifest itself than people assume, for the gears to really start moving. You gotta do it in concentrated blocks of basically planned obsession.

There isn't one word I'm typing that isn't recognized as completion of the absolute. I'm contemplating at all times.

People have no idea how beneficial this is for awakening and increasing baseline levels. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How to perform miracles.

I think when you uncovered Absolute Truth you over looked the fact that this whole experience is a miracle. The desire to "just want to" perform miracles is one that blooms from ego, a selfish one. Healing could be seen as a miracle, but as long as your intention is to grow just for the benefit of your own and to not live for others, it will never happen, never. This is not an attack by the way, just Truth.

58 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Egoic desire clung to and dragged into / mixed with God-realization? I don't know either, but I have a strong intuition it's possible. @BipolarGrowth might agree. Apart from the miracle that this absolutely is already, of course.

I’ve charged my phone or had the miracle of it happening regardless of “who” did it from like 5% to 100% on accident when I didn’t have a charger and was needing to use GPS immediately following the 45 minute or so meditation session with my teacher. Miracles happen through ego. Ego is God. Don’t be absurd. It’s also distinct from God in a sense too, but you have to have a foot in each boat to really get to the highest levels of this. YOU ARE DIVINE. Not in some I’m one with everything way. No. That little meat suit monkey mind thing you’re in? It’s the most advanced spacesuit for exploration of consciousness the universe has ever seen. You can literally go anywhere with it. Experience anything. At least it appears there is no end in sight to Infinity unfolding. But as a part of all of this, you can control physical reality, and it is not problematic or contrary to Liberation to want to do so. This is Self-Understanding as Leo calls it. Understanding how to perform a physical miracle is a treat only the most elite connoisseurs of consciousness get to sample.  

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

6 minutes ago, Absolute said:

over looked the fact that this whole experience is a miracle.

He didn't. I said "a miracle is all there is" and he agreed. The way I see it: he was simply proposing, with enough consciousness and selflessness, perhaps a miracle can be performed by an apparent individual. And he conveyed a desire to understand just what that (process/event) would be/mean.

Edited by The0Self

22 minutes ago, The0Self said:

He didn't. I said "a miracle is all there is" and he agreed. The way I see it: he was simply proposing, with enough consciousness and selflessness, perhaps a miracle can be performed by an apparent individual. And he conveyed a desire to understand just what that (process/event) would be/mean.

But that conveyed desire is not going to give you the understanding of healing for example. I see any other desired miracles as some "egoic proof mechanism" for the outside world to see. You need a desire to LIVE for others. To completely eradicate selfishness. Nirvana

Edited by Absolute

@BipolarGrowth The only Magick-like thing I can do these days (well, besides witnessing and automatic contemplation) is astral projection. It does feel like a sort of miracle. I can literally walk through my house, look at myself sleeping, etc. I mean, it's damn mind-blowing, but it's not something manifested in the "real" (consensual) world. When I had psychosis, I saw many "miracles" but it was clearly madness and not in consensual reality -- at least not anyone's reality on earth lol. Aliens maybe. :)

I am convinced that powers can be cultivated via the 4th Jhana. You pretty much need retreats for that. Rob Burbea even said one can attain powers in the 4th Jhana, and if you know anything about him, he's pretty much gone further than anyone in history in the meditation landscape, and he's ultra down to earth. I VERY highly doubt he was either mistaken or lying.