karkaore

Simplicity vs Complexity

2 posts in this topic

So is life simple or complex? Will it take me decades to awaken or is there nothing to do?

This very much depends on what type of question we start off of. The paths will be very different depending on if it's a 'what' or 'how' or 'why'.

A 'what' and a 'how' does seem to bring up complexity. We run into all kinds of obsticles that we need to overcome when dealing with 'what' and 'how'. These questions can take decades to actualise. All good with that, besides the fact that so many people do not enjoy that grind. They struggle and doubt, getting stuck between both mental and emotional sealings. From there it only gets more and more complicated and confusing.

Why?

Notice the question. It's a 'why'. Let's see how things unfold if we start our questioning with a 'why' before we even consider taking any action towards a 'what' and a 'how'. IME, knowing the 'why' of my desires automatically makes me committed to it. When we know the 'why' then the 'what' and 'how' actually become much easier to accomplish. When we know the 'why' we have strong vision, purpose. Real, fulfilling goals. Once we have that, the 'what' and 'how' lose much of its weight. Our every action becomes aligned with our desires, we stop wasting energy on the inner tug of war. That energy then being channelled towards our goals. Simply know the 'why' and the heavy complexity of life will feel so much much lighter and obvious.

IME, if talking about the absolute, all the questions of the WH family collapse into "What?". I mean Who, Why, Where and When are human mental constructs in the first place, and what we are left with is really just how and what, but even both those collapse into one absolute 'What?' with a capital W. I mean if you wanna get even more abstract then you can just feel the "?" but I find that the same as the "What?". In this, simplicity and complexity collapse as a duality, since you are trying to grasp Everything, so there is nothing else to compare it to, to label it either simple or complex. One may say reality is complex, but it's only relative to their previous idea of what they thought reality was. But if they exclude that worldview, it isn't Everything.

Relatively speaking tho, I agree with this post. With most shit, knowing the Why is enough to keep you on the path, until you figure out the how yourself.