Raptorsin7

Nothing Matters?!?

52 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's fine but that's still a meta perspective.  I'm talking more literally.   I'll give you an example.  

If your mother is drowning in a pool is it going to matter to you to go in and save her or are you just going to say nothing really matters and let her die?  If you jump in and save her that's because it mattered to you.

But if nothing matters there won't be a problem with you saving your mother either

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

But if nothing matters there won't be a problem with you saving your mother either

Are you saying its also OK to let her drown?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Nope, I didn't say anything about conditioned ethics.

I said that if nothing really matters there won't be a problem with you saving your mother if she was drowning.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Since the egoic perspective it's absolutely important, but without ego, it is completely indifferent whether your mother drowns or not

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Nope,

That means you are choosing one thing over another.  If it were meaningless then it would make no difference if she drowned or not..That's the point I was trying to make.  I'm not debating that Absolutely speaking nothing matters I'm speaking relatively.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Since the egoic perspective it's absolutely important, but without ego, it is completely indifferent whether your mother drowns or not

What's completely indifferent whether your mother drowns or not?  Non-ego?  Non-ego says its indifferent whether your mother drowns or not?  Or when no ones around, some statement magically arises that says its indifferent whether a mother drowns or not?  Hmmm......

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

That means you are choosing one thing over another.  That's the point I was trying to make.

There is a conditioned body/mind that will turn its head when it's name is called, prefer coffee over tea and jump into the water to save someone from drowning prior to thinking about it.

Then the sense of self says "I did that".

Holy shit Leo just released another video!!

Edited by Tim R

37 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

There is a conditioned body/mind that will turn its head when it's name is called, prefer coffee over tea and jump into the water to save someone from drowning prior to thinking about it.

Then the sense of self says "I did that".

Do you have a notepad of Jim Newman and Tony Parsons quotes you look to for answers to each of these questions?  Or are you actually Jim, pretending to be VeganAwake?  Poke Poke :)

5 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Do you have a notepad of Jim Newman and Tony Parsons quotes you look to for answers to each of these questions?  Or are you actually Jim, pretending to be VeganAwake?

Haha no, and Jim Newman would definitely not do that. ?

Before Awakening I watched a Tony Parson's video and literally could not grasp what he was pointing to. It wasn't till later things that they were talking about started getting clear.

They do have really great pointers and ways of describing things...

There is no need to reinvent the wheel... everything's already been said, it just needs to be seen clearly.

28 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Holy shit Leo just released another video!!

This was good ?

1 hour ago, Mu_ said:

What's completely indifferent whether your mother drowns or not?  Non-ego?  Non-ego says its indifferent whether your mother drowns or not?  Or when no ones around, some statement magically arises that says its indifferent whether a mother drowns or not?  Hmmm......

Non ego say nothing, so it's indifferent

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Non ego say nothing, so it's indifferent

Nothing =/= indifferent, thats worth contemplating if your interested in Truth.  Its a trap for many minds to believe non-ego is indifferent.  That indifference and how it feels and means to you, is a interpretation and a projection you may then act from.  This is very subtle and most never see past this point.

@Mu_ it is very difficult to tell where the ego begins. and I think it is almost impossible to reach a state of total egolessness, so what I said is speculation. But from my experience, without ego there is no concern for oneself or for anything. If my mother is drowning, would I fight hard to save her, but wouldn't that fight come entirely from the ego? I think yes. the ego is valuable, it is what makes us survive and relate. is desirable, what is undesirable is that it hypertrophies

9 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Mu_ it is very difficult to tell where the ego begins. and I think it is almost impossible to reach a state of total egolessness, so what I said is speculation. But from my experience, without ego there is no concern for oneself or for anything. If my mother is drowning, would I fight hard to save her, but wouldn't that fight come entirely from the ego? I think yes. the ego is valuable, it is what makes us survive and relate. is desirable, what is undesirable is that it hypertrophies

Yes it is very difficult to tell where the ego begins and ends, in fact it may not even be there.  How do you know there is an ego?  Does something in you have a sign on it telling you its ego?  Honest question.  Not trying to be hard on you.  But its worth a look and consideration if your interested in Truth.  If you don't know, good, thats the first step in being up to Truth.  Not know if there is a ego is a much more honest place then believing there is a false ego, or creating all sorts of stories in your mind of what is and isn't ego.

1 minute ago, Mu_ said:

How do you know there is an ego? 

Yeah yeah, that is the question. what is the ego? imagine you are one year old. you are a blank screen, pure happiness of being undefined. there is no ego. only empty consciousness. second by second, day after day preferences accumulate, hunger -food, cold heat, mother-loneliness, acceptance -rejection. in short, life or death. they create a solid, very strong pattern with a life of its own: the ego. This pattern will completely monopolize the person, becoming dominant, since survival is essential. you can consciously soften, relax, because not everything is learned truths. the appreciation of beauty is not learned, it is prior to learning. but the conservation of life I think is learned. perhaps there is a pre-ego part, an impulse to preserve what is. Knowing that one person is different from another, and is your mother, is ego. Knowing that if he drowns he will die and you will feel his lack is also ego.

8 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

If you say nothing matters, it only means that you are currently too spoiled with a comfortable life.

Or... you are conscious as fuck.

Love is the realization that there is no difference between anything.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I was contemplating just now and I realized that nothing matters at all. Anything in life that happens doesn't ultimately matter, either way it goes it really doesn't mean anything.

At first glance this can seem bad or misguided, but if you think about it... it frees you of the burden of meaning. If something truly matters then if you lose that thing you're going to suffer it's absence. But if nothing matters then you are free. 

Any thoughts?

IF nothing matters then everything matters. every extreme/paradox on this path eventually closes the loop on itself until all dualities collapse. For instance, total lack of free will when taking to the extreme becomes extremely liberating. Sure the character might not have free will but Reality itself is endlessly Free in it's infinite expressions, and the character IS part of TRue Nature. ;)