Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hulia

I cannot stand my new boss

18 posts in this topic

He is now back from vacation and I am already sick by the thought to have to communicate with him soon. I am so stiff and over-polite to hide my attitude, so that only idiot wouldn´t see how much I dislike him. I feel guilty. And stiff. And hypocritical.

I try to understand, why I find him so disgusting.

Normaly I am pretty neutral I´ve learned to get along with different kinds of people. The only type which makes me crazy are loud and stupid guys - a la Trump. But my new boss is exactly the opposite - quite and well-educated (intelligent).

But...

- He is false

- He is lying

- He wants to look good and clever

- He plays the hierarchy games

- If the war had started he would betray everyone around him and find it normal, because this is what people do to get better position. 

About the last point I am not sure, since we have no real war, bit still... 

All in all he is so idefinite and uncertain, in lack of any principles and integrity and morals. But still polite and quiet.

And so are his tasks, which I get from him and which I hate. Uncertaine and indefinite. He wants us be intensely active without changing anything. Like running without moving. Always stripped out of context. I never have the whole picture and never sense where is he heading. Apparantly nowhere. This is his nature. Frustrating.

Luckily I get 80% of tasks from my old boss :) Who uses the uncertain nature of the new boss to exploit me further. But I am ok with it. 

My new boss has a beard. ? A red beard! ??

Hugs.

Red beard lol.

The hierarchy games are brutal but you're a strong woman.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Just now, Preety_India said:

Hugs.

Red beard lol.

The hierarchy games are brutal but you're a strong woman.

Red eyelashes, red eye brows, red hair and.....  red beard! so horrible

He would never shout or be rude but it´s still hierarchy games. To be in the right meeting with the right people and so on.. ?

I worked so good with my old boss! I could never imagine him to be my friend or so, our interests are too different. He is superficious. But his ego is less than mine. And for that I have a big respect for him. 

And his integral morality. He might talk rubbish, but when it comes to action, he is so deeply moral. More moral than me. I am theoretically moral, but practically I am sometimes pretty indifferent. 

And his working style matched so good to my personality. What he did, he gathered the meeting, he told what was the goal. He told, I am in lead. Everyone needs to obey and do what I say. In 2 weeks we meet again and show him the progress. Everyone was glad to shift responsibility for progress to me and did what I told them. My boss was glad to shift the work to me. And I was glad to let the things done in the most efficient way - how I see it :) We two were a good combination: he pushing and challenging and me doing. 

Maybe what helps is to focus on the fact that I earn now more money, not as much as I wanted but still something more. Since I thought the change of the position will bring even more complexity into my work. Instead I am updating the adresses in the master data and such rubbish. And the greatest trouble of my new boss is to start the word "Adress" with a capital or a small letter? This is the question! ?

@Zeroguy Do you think, this is the reason? It might be. My old boss before starting at this company worked and lived in USA and in Czech and also in our conmpany he is in charge of business unit consisting of foreign entities. He seems to be more at ease dealing with foreigner than with the locals. When we sought for a new colleague his absolute favorite was a Russian guy, I liked him too, he had the same priorities as me - IT and logic and seemed to be rather mathematical than poitilcal type. I thought together we will climb the highest mountains. But then the Russian guy disappeared, and we had a hacker attack :) Everybody doubted, it was a coincidence

My new boss is in charge of everything, probably it´s the same as nothing. But his focus has always been a German site, where he has spent the last 20 years. 

But what shall I do? I feel increasingly alergic against the new boss. I have to find a way how to deal with him without getting sick. And hope that maybe things change for me. :(  

@Hulia Was just joking. 

Don't really know answer to your question. Spiritual answer is you know let it go accept it, lol. 

But have counter one. 

Do you beleive I should become a mormon? 

2 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

@Hulia Was just joking. 

Don't really know answer to your question. Spiritual answer is you know let it go accept it, lol. 

But have counter one. 

Do you beleive I should become a mormon? 

I haven´t found in urban dictionary what is "have counter one" :)

What is a mormon? Somebody beleiving in God and having a lor of wives? Yes, if you want, why not? Though I don´t beleive,  you will attract a high quality women as a mormon. 

Counter question. I meant that. 

Well you posted that picture I found it funny. Once I was watching on TV mormon guy who married 4 sisters. I mean what?! 

So maybe you know try spiritual stuff when dealing with your boss. Like life works that way. xD

A saw on the picture a lovely boy and a delicious cake, I haven´t even registered, they are the mormons :)

When I started to work for this company, I thought all the time - who is that crazy person who wrote hundreds of pages of manuals how to do the calculations? Now I know. It´s my new boss. He LOVES manuals. 

What I try to explain to him, if the other entities move to the software, which I impelemnted btw, like the entities of my old boss have done, no manuals are necessary any more. Because the calculations and rules are set in the same way CENTRALLY for all. The people won´t be able to do something wrong (at least on a big scale). And if somebody wants to know, how the calculation is done (which is of course a good thing), look, he/she has just to click at this field, et voit las! Here is a formula, and he can even click at every single argument and see of what components it consists. Isn´t it awesome?  Instead of verbal description of mathematical operations in .pdf. 

But no, my new boss is a novelist, he wants to write. Tons of pages which, let´s be honest, nobody reads. 

He means let´s wait, till everything is perfect and then.. maybe next year. Honestly??? The red beard thinks, ridiculous excel files, he gets, are perfect?????  and are made exactly according to his ridiculous manuals??? HA! HA!

When he is getting bored and tired, it´s me who has to look for inconsistencies. Some trivial formula errors, different exchange rates... normal excel stuff (with all my respect for excel). But the worst people on the planet which deserve to be killed on spot are those who set numbers behind the formulas. I HATE this futile tasks, it is depressing to do this kind of things, when there is a ready solution, which by the way costed a lot of money, which my new boss approved. 

I hate the red beard  and his shitty manuals.

You work in some bank or some other financial institution or company? 

Drained. 

Bosses has always been wierd. How he got appointed to that place. He has has to know someone and must have connections. 

That guy can't be naive and stupid and even if he is he must have someone good behind him. Figure that out. 

Edited by Zeroguy

I would do that instead of focusing on him. Gather all informations then strike final blow. 

13 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

That guy can't be naive and stupid

He is not stupid. He is great in writing manuals. I just wonder, if he really thinks that people read his manuals and align to them?

I don´t think that somebody is behind him. He was CFO before, but now they put him down. Not even because he is inefficient, but because a new CEO came and wanted to have his person in this position. Politics. 

Maybe they have just created this new position for him something to do. In Germany it is very expensive to turn somebody out after 20 years of job tenure especially in such a high position

1 hour ago, Hulia said:

He is not stupid. He is great in writing manuals. I just wonder, if he really thinks that people read his manuals and align to them?

I think, I´ve just figured out what unnerves me about this guy! This!  His indifference and neglectful attutude towards other people.

I think, it doesn´t matter for him, if the people follow his manuals or not. I think what matters for him, is that somebody reads them and says: Wow it´s an intellectual effort even to read this. Who is that smart guy who wrote it? 

I think, he even might like the idea, that people don´t get his verbal instructions. When he writes mails, he uses sometime latin words and abbreviation for technical terms. I´d never do it, because the better people understand me, the quicker we achieve the result. 

For the same reason it never bothers him, whether I feel related to the tasks, he gives me, or whether I hate them

He dwells in his bubble, so much ego, so little interest for the world around him

Now I feel better after I have analized the red beard. Not so guilty. I understand the root of my disgust. I just don´t want to be in service of his ego. I still don´t know how to deal with the situation, but maybe I figure something out. 

I wonder, if I should do these things more often - to think loud and in full sentences?

hahaha

today my new boss calls after his vacation and me so: Ooooh.. what does he want from me again?

And do you know why he called? 

He says: You know what.... hmmm.. I was thinking...hmm..we should extend the application of the new software. It´s getting increasingly hard to deal with all that excel files.

Ha! I hope, it was not a slip-up. 

I found my redbeard journal!

I still cannot stand him. He is constantly picking on my old boss. Asshole. He is doing it at meeting in the presence of all the other 100 directors. Yes, I am the only one non-director there. Because my old boss is forwarding all the invitations to me. I can understand it very good! Because!! THough the redbeard is constantly picking on him (and on the others btw too), he, the redbeard, never takes over any of the projects. But is constantly making hints that this is a responsibility of my old boss. He is already in charge of several pretty strategical and complicated projects. Think about it: Merging of 2 equally big company groups and all the consequencies. I would be crazy, if all that projects have landed on my desk, simalteneously. But my old boss grasps everything they push to him. It´s clear, he wants to have a soul with whom he could consult or discuss or just ask for the 2nd opinion without having to explain all the backgrounds and without being picked on and criticised, because it´s absolutely clear, that a lot of things won´t go good. 

I hope, it´s not only me, who sees how unfair and useless (it´s easy to criticise without being responsible for anything) the redbeard is.