Gianna

Teal Swan

38 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Gianna said:

I was tracking really well on my spiritual journey and when I started to listen to Teal Swan I feel like it completely fucked me up. For anyone who knows her work thoroughly, what is it really about? It is a place for spiritual newbies or does her emotional healing emphasis hold weight on becoming fully enlightened? 

I have realized no self and oneness, but her concepts distract me from them as they pull me back into my personal history, personality, etc. But at the same time, I may have unresolved 'trauma' idk. We all have trauma, but how do we know if they are still, "running the show"? 

Did you do shadow work and inner child work already ? If you try to bypass your traumas they will come up eventually, maybe this is what’s happened when listening to Teal? 
it’s making you feel uncomfortable because you don’t want to look at that side of yourself perhaps.  

@Gianna She comes from a past of intense emotional, physical and psychological trauma. Her teachings, which are a blend of psychology + spirituality, are geared to people who want to resolve traumas, emotional blockages, relationships and so on. She helps you being aware of your psyche, of your emotions, of your needs, of your shadow.

It's up to you to know if you need all that stuff. Surely, the psychology concepts she talks about are very useful to learn how your mind and other people's mind work. Multiple perspectives.

Also, Healing = Consciousness = Love = Unity = One. Her teachings are not antithetical to Leo's. Simply they tackle the issue from another side.

For me personally healing and consciousness work are the most important journeys to follow in life.

But how do you know if you need to resolve traumas? You have a feeling it could be it. If you feel like you don't have baggages, then it may be so. Usually when someone has baggages knows it. But still, you could be in denial or could not be so aware to see you need her teachings.

The point is, you don't know how much you need to dig. Maybe you need to dig a lot, and you're not aware of that. Or maybe not. The only way to know is to go take a look. Only when you'll have done a bit of work you'll know if that was something worthwhile to do.

So a good plan of action could include doing your thing and meanwhile listening to her to the extent you feel compelled to do so. 

Also, keep in mind that healing is not something you do a little and then you're done. The more you have unresolved stuff in your psyche, the more colossal the journey is.

If you feel like her teachings make you doubtful and uncertain, it could mean you haven't dug as deep as the stuff she talks about, so it could be wise to take a look. And if you get sidetracked and find yourself seeing that you need to resolve stuff, then it's what your meant to do. But then, it's up to you.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

I think Teal Swan's videos (atleast the most recent ones), help one to deal with lower chakras first, before fully realizing the higher ones. Cuz like if your ego isn't full integrated into one thing, you can't really transcend it. I mean you can, but it most likely won't stick around, and it's much harder to do too.

that said tho, I personally work on both at same time.

Also here's something I am theorizing but, I think you aren't really able to get touched or grasp the full magnitude of higher realizations before being integrated a good bunch, Because if still your past traumas and life issues touch you or 'disturb' you more deeply than these higher realizations, then that's something to work on first.

11 hours ago, Gianna said:

Okay! I love hearing your and everyone's perspective. I thought Leo's work was heavy on concept, but she is just a giant waterfall of concept just pouring out everywhere. I'm not overwhelmed with the way I am feeling physically, emotionally, or mentally. But her concepts are disorienting. It makes me wonder, is this much concept spiritual? I had less of a monkey mind before listening to her haha. But I love and appreciate her wisdom! I guess it just seems unproductive to me right now? Idk! I wanted to get everyone's opinion which is great so many people are responding :) 

I think you're right about the importance of the concepts she covers. Maybe I should just be aware of them, instead of taking all of them on.

Don’t just believe the concepts. If you find them to be really insightful and likely, then you can if you want. People get this idea that the human intelligence is somehow contrary to awakening... while it’s been a part of I think around exactly 100% of human awakenings throughout history. It’s a funny idea. Everybody saying not to mess with concepts got there through the use of the human intelligence. They just applied the “correct” concepts. 

Why I say this stuff is not a distraction is because her more emotional type work/concepts can certainly help you to awaken, but even more so I say it because all this crazy psychic shit people think isn’t real can be the source of awakenings so intense that once you have them you start to look around and laugh at all these brainwashed nondual “masters” who say siddhis are a distraction. They don’t understand it likely or are like in a form of spiritual asperger’s. They are great at spirituality, but they aren’t fully accessing the capabilities of their body and “spiritual energetic body.” Maybe a rare yogi who is really open is good with this. Most advanced nondual practitioners have no idea about the value this stuff can provide to the journey because it goes against traditional dogmas. 

Just a rhetorical question — do you consider Jesus Christ to be a better goal to pursue or some monk who says siddhis are a distraction which conveniently feeds into the fact that any siddhis he/she has are piss poor weak if they have any at all? When the central figure of religion and spirituality in humanity was basically the world’s most efficient siddhi-producing factory, you have to wonder if these modern eastern masters are masters, intermediates, or simply charlatans when it comes to understanding this specific thing. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

If it triggers me, fucks me up or makes me doubt the person. Then it is the teacher i need at the moment. 

I had the same reaction when i found Leo. He arrived at the fight time in my life. I was thinking that i experienced so many things so what is this guy going to teach me?

After many of my triggers were pushed, i finally learned something and grew. 

The best teachers are the ones that can push the triggers and it makes us uncomfortable and at the moment. 

Clean your mind

@Guru Peter Jordanson nah.

The criteria: Is the teacher honest, authentic, clear, direct? Or is she merely entertaining you, is smart, or says things you like to hear? And: is she coming from direct experience or just exchanging beliefs and intellectualization? Feel it.

That will leave out most teachers.

Authentic: Ramana Maharshi, Vernon Howard.

Charlatan: Deepak, Tolle (in many things not related to enlightenment), Alan Watts (really eloquent and smart charlatan.) I like him though.

Edited by Arzola

On 5/21/2021 at 11:19 PM, Leo Gura said:
On 5/21/2021 at 2:22 PM, Gianna said:

I started to listen to Teal Swan I feel like it completely fucked me up.

How so?

Well, I was at the point in my spiritual journey where I felt total and complete self-love. I believe it was this that allowed me to realize no self and oneness. I had a peak into Truth in these moments and it would come and go throughout my days. And like you said in one of your videos, once you have one of these experiences you start to get really serious about this work. That is exactly what happened to me. I started to get very serious about this work so I branched out towards studying other teachings (before, I had ONLY followed Leo). Then, I got introduced to Teal and it put me back into victimhood, blaming, judgment. It made me believe that I had more work to do on my emotional body and that I wasn't fully integrated so I needed emotional healing. And so I say it "fucked me up" because now I am just so absorbed in my past, thoughts, experiences, that I have lost touch with Truth. I can find Truth when I want but my focus is on reintegration instead of just Being/Truth. It's hard for me to know, is this what I need? Emotional integration? Or, is it because I was fully integrated in the first place that I was even able to reach self-love and thus, my nondual and no self realizations. 

When Teal talks about 'False Self' I think, hm. Was my self-love a false self? She talks about fragmentation which makes me feel only one aspect of myself realized Truth but I have other aspects of myself that haven't. She also talks a lot about shadow work so I think I have a lot more shadow work to do. I really don't want to discount how far I came in realizing self-love, no self, nonduality. But I also feel that regression is sometimes necessary for fuller or 'integrated' progression. 

I should also put that my mom has a false self. She thinks she has self-love but she's still at a very low vibration. So this is what is scaring me into believing that I too, am like my mom. And deceived myself into self-love. 

But my self-love was so empowering. The moments I felt it, it was like I didn't need anything else in the world ever because I could give it to myself. I also was inspired to give it to others and help them get it themselves. 

Edited by Gianna

On 5/22/2021 at 1:33 AM, intotheblack said:

Did you do shadow work and inner child work already ? If you try to bypass your traumas they will come up eventually, maybe this is what’s happened when listening to Teal? 
it’s making you feel uncomfortable because you don’t want to look at that side of yourself perhaps.  

I believe I did! When I was in school my studies in Communication led me to serious self-examination/self-awareness. Once I had a bit of self-awareness my negative patterns just started to fix themselves. But did I get everything in my shadow? I have no idea. That's why I take on Teal's work because who knows! How can we be aware of something we're not aware of? 

On 5/22/2021 at 5:12 AM, BipolarGrowth said:

while it’s been a part of I think around exactly 100% of human awakenings throughout history.

Absolutely! I think this is what Leo is referring to by going up the scale (god realization) instead of down (detachment/nondual awareness). 

brainwashed nondual “masters” who say siddhis are a distraction. They don’t understand it likely or are like in a form of spiritual asperger’s. They are great at spirituality, but they aren’t fully accessing the capabilities of their body and “spiritual energetic body.”

This is why I do not want to leave any part of myself behind in this journey. If my emotional wounds are not healed, I need to heal them and bring them with me to awakening, and then I can– like you say– fully access the capabilities of my spiritual-energetic body. 

Although, I have heard that people who do not do inner child work yet proceed in their nondual and no self realizations– through a fragmented part of themselves– start to have 'weird experiences'. Like seeing aliens and such haha. What is your opinion on this? I heard it in a video by Matt Kahn and then Leo may have talked about this in the God Realization video, I'm not sure. 

Just a rhetorical question — do you consider Jesus Christ to be a better goal to pursue or some monk who says siddhis are a distraction which conveniently feeds into the fact that any siddhis he/she has are piss poor weak if they have any at all? When the central figure of religion and spirituality in humanity was basically the world’s most efficient siddhi-producing factory, you have to wonder if these modern eastern masters are masters, intermediates, or simply charlatans when it comes to understanding this specific thing. 

Very interesting!!! This is a very wise perspective. 

On 5/22/2021 at 3:29 AM, Swarnim said:

I think Teal Swan's videos (atleast the most recent ones), help one to deal with lower chakras first, before fully realizing the higher ones.

Do your chakras open in order? Because lately, I have been feeling a ton of pressure and sensation around the third eye. Yet before this, I had a tingling sensation and migraines in the crown chakra which made me feel that my crown was activating before my eye. 

On 5/22/2021 at 3:29 AM, Swarnim said:

, I think you aren't really able to get touched or grasp the full magnitude of higher realizations before being integrated a good bunch, Because if still your past traumas and life issues touch you or 'disturb' you more deeply than these higher realizations, then that's something to work on first.

I agree! 

@Gianna

23 minutes ago, Gianna said:

How can we be aware of something we're not aware of?

Exactly.

43 minutes ago, Gianna said:

But I also feel that regression is sometimes necessary for fuller or 'integrated' progression.

Life is testing you. What's the right path? You have to be strategic.

Also, don't forget that going in the deepest realms of your psyche, confronting your demons is a huge opportunity to grow your capacity to handle God's love. It's an opportunity to get more tools in your toolbelt.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

You're imagining Teal Swan to keep you from awakening.

Awakening is not at some point in the future, once your 'shadow' is 'worked on'. Awakening is now. The mind's nature is to solve problems, real or invented. It'll keep you busy for decades if you allow it to work on/dig up whatever it thinks it can prolong its existence, to keep the illusion of separation. 

Pay less attention to your mind trying to find intellectual and logical answers to questions you didn't even ask. You're saying you're not resonating with Teal's message, but still the mind is slowly but surely convincing you that there's more work to do before you're "allowed" to realize who you truly are.

Your true nature is always and already here and now, there's no process to go through before you're "worthy" to realize it.

Edited by Chris365

6 minutes ago, Superfluo said:

Life is testing you. What's the right path? You have to be strategic.

Also, don't forget that going in the deepest realms of your psyche, confronting your demons is a huge opportunity to grow your capacity to handle God's love. It's an opportunity to get more tools in your toolbelt.

This is beautifully said and exactly the perspective I need. 

Life IS testing me. I have grown enough to accumulate self-love. And because of this I have realized no self and oneness. But have I grown enough to handle God's love? To REALIZE God? I don't think so!!! Not at all. My reaction to that statement is I am not ready. This is what I need to work on. Thank you for this! 

16 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

You're imagining Teal Swan to keep you from awakening.

Awakening is not at some point in the future, once your 'shadow' is 'worked on'. Awakening is now. The mind's nature is to solve problems, real or invented. It'll keep you busy for decades if you allow it to work on/dig up whatever it thinks it can prolong its existence, to keep the illusion of separation. 

This has been another thought in my mind! That my mind was tricking me!!! LOL! Ugh, this work is so fucking hard and confusing.

You are right, the mind's nature is to solve problems, real or invented. So I have thought that this is my 'backsliding' or 'ego backlash' of my no self and oneness realization. To do more shadow work, more healing of the emotional body. 

But I have not realized God. And so this new direction of 'Teal Swan' and 'Emotional healing' may be what is necessary for me to become ready for God's Love. 

Edited by Gianna

On 5/22/2021 at 2:10 PM, Kalo said:

There are two spiritual basics accepted through all of history as undeniably true; 1) I am not matter (body) or the ego, I am Spirit/Soul/Consciousness 2) God exists.

And everything in-between is necessarily important. Reality is not just about the ultimate absolute perspective. You need both the Ultimate Perspective (Primordial Ground) and the basics.

I agree. I think God-Realization is exactly what I need. 

10 minutes ago, Gianna said:

This is beautifully said and exactly the perspective I need. 

Life IS testing me. I have grown enough to accumulate self-love. And because of this I have realized no self and oneness. But have I grown enough to handle God's love? To REALIZE God? I don't think so!!! Not at all. My reaction to that statement is I am not ready. This is what I need to work on. Thank you for this! 

Glad I've been helpful :) 

Teal Swan is awesome and pretty wise. I used to watch her videos a few years ago but not so much anymore. She has a lot of great insights on relationships and the various dynamics that play out in them. Def not perfect, but a good teacher. She says things to the point which can bring up uncomfortable stuff at times. 

"You Create Magic"