sda

Leo Gura, are you God?

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura, if you believe that you are God then I am going to prove you wrong. I am not starting a debate or war with this thread. I want to understand God with this thread:

So here my question is:

@Leo Gura, if you believe that you are God then I am going to compare you with four  characteristics. If you possess these four characteristics then I believe that you are God.

The four characteristics are:

1) God is one and only.

2) God is self sufficient.

3) God neither begets(gives birth) and nor is born.

4) Their is no one equivalent to God.

Leo, if you are God. I am going to first compare you to the four characteristics I listed above:

1- God is one and only. You are not the one and only. Their are so many humans just like you. We all are humans. We all are the same. You are not only a separate species. You are just like us. Therefore, you are not the one and only. So, you are not God through this point.

2-God is self sufficient. You are not self sufficient. You rely and survive on food and water. You cannot live without them. So you are not God because you rely on these things.

3- God neither begets and nor is born. You are born through your mother. God is not born. Therefore you are not God because you are born.

4- Their is no one equivalent to him. A lot of people have higher status than you Leo Gura. This means you are not God.

Therefore, according to me, this proves that Leo and I are not God because we don't possess these characteristics. I am not debating with Leo over these things. I just want Leo to make me understand the concept of God.

Thank You 

Edited by sda

" You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated." Maya Angelou

Hopefully he'll respond, but yeah you've misunderstood a bit.

This is everything. No one knows what it is. God is it. You are God. There's only God. No need to call it God, but when God-realization happens, it is revealed absolutely that there is nothing other than unconditional love. Nothing else. It generally takes psychedelics and contemplation to realize it, and what I've described is not the truth, it merely points to it.

@The0Self

Just now, The0Self said:

Hopefully he'll respond, but yeah you've misunderstood a bit.

I would love to correct my misunderstanding :)

" You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated." Maya Angelou

Just now, sda said:

@The0Self

I would love to correct my misunderstanding :)

:)

Just so you know, my response can tide you over for a bit, lol. God-realization happened here, fwiw.

God is not a person, it's everything possible.

When Leo says he's God, he's not saying that just Leo is God, it's God speaking through Leo recognizing that everything that is experienced is God.

You're also God right now, the only difference is that you aren't conscious of it, but you are it, from Leo's point of view we are literally God talking to God.

Spirituality is not the renunciation of life

It is the art of living fully

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, sda said:

@Leo Gura, if you believe that you are God then I am going to prove you wrong. I am not starting a debate or war with this thread. I want to understand God with this thread:

So here my question is:

@Leo Gura, if you believe that you are God then I am going to compare you with four  characteristics. If you possess these four characteristics then I believe that you are God.

The four characteristics are:

1) God is one and only.

2) God is self sufficient.

3) God neither begets and nor is born.

4) Their is no one equivalent to God.

Leo, if you are God. I am going to first compare you to the four characteristics I listed above:

1- God is one and only. You are not the one and only. Their are so many humans just like you. We all are humans. We all are the same. You are not only a separate species. You are just like us. Therefore, you are not the one and only. So, you are not God through this point.

2-God is self sufficient. You are not self sufficient. You rely and survive on food and water. You cannot live without them. So you are not God because you rely on these things.

3- God neither begets and nor is born. You are born through your mother. God is not born. Therefore you are not God because you are born.

4- Their is no one equivalent to him. A lot of people have higher status than you Leo Gura. This means you are not God.

Therefore, according to me, this proves that Leo and I are not God because we don't possess these characteristics. I am not debating with Leo over these things. I just want Leo to make me understand the concept of God.

Thank You 

The four characteristics are true of everything in reality. Not just Leo, even you. I think the work reveals these aspects of God. You don't need to debate. You need to put in the work. Leo is not saying he is the one and only in that sense. You, as God are. God is. We are Holons within God. So, we also have its fundamental characteristics at the truth of our being. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Now here's the Sun and it's alright, Now here's the Moon and It's alright..But every-time you close your eyes... Lies" -Arcade Fire Rebellion

Personal Growth Vlog - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzVkdPNRrNT7SN1aoco2MdA

I say to my family and friends that they should gove me all they money and be my slaves and all of that. Also the students at the school where I am an apprentice but no one seems to comply. If the children do what I say then I get more worried about their weak integrity. So in the end I am god but because of some reason you like to call yourself god also. If someone wants to give me money please do because I want it. Thank you! 

The moral of the story is that money is more important than god. 

Posted (edited)

The character, the body, the ego/mind is not what Leo is referring to when he says "I am God." Every one of your examples you listed (#1-4) are operating under the assumption that Leo the human, the ego/mind, is what he's referring to.

No. As a human, all of your examples are valid. But the consciousness behind Leo, behind YOU, is not a human, and is God.What the examples are pointing to is not what Leo is pointing to when he says "I am God."

Edited by Consilience

Still waiting for @Leo Gura reply. Hopefully he gives me some wisdom in this.

The problem is that you are trying to conceptualize this into an understanding from a relative standpoint, which led to your conclusions. You can't use your mind and put the puzzle pieces together, because it's God who is the one trying to put the puzzle pieces together rather than throwing the puzzle away and looking at itself. Nevertheless, the understanding of realizing you are God comes from insight, and insight doesn't arise within time, so your puzzle will only come to limited conclusions which then form your perception as is.

Don't look at @Leo Gura look at yourself.

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

@SpiritualAwakening What about the four characteristics I mentioned?

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, sda said:

@SpiritualAwakening What about the four characteristics I mentioned?

I feel like you haven't read what i wrote with intent. Asking these questions from your current perception is like a toddler crying because he can't walk yet, well the reason is because he first needs to learn and understand how it is going to crawl before it can ever get the next idea on how to walk. (Not that you're a toddler, just giving an analogy). Or how is someone ever going to understand mathematics if he doesn't understand calculus yet.

EDIT: Also, you have no idea what God is, so how are you coming to the conclusion that these are its characteristics? Or that such a thing as God even exists? Also it's important that before you can even find out what God is, first you should raise the question if there even is such a thing as God..

Edited by SpiritualAwakening

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

Dude, what is this? You aren't serious. This is bulls. Go do some homework. You didn't even dip your toe in the waters. 

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, sda said:

What about the four characteristics I mentioned?

Let's say your first characteristic applies: God is one and only. That means that nothing can be separate from it, because if there was a separate thing, there would be two. Not one, but two. God vs whatever isn't God. So how can you put something which is one and only into a box of just four characteristics? By doing that you create a duality. That which these characteristics apply to (God) and that to which they don't apply to (Leo), thus having two things and not one. If God truly is one and only that would mean that ANY characteristic applies to it, doesn't it? Saying that God is yellow must be true, because if it wasn't, you had God and not God. You'd end up with two things. That's what non-duality is about.

There is a metaphor about trying to fill an ocean into a cup using nothing but a spoon. God is the ocean, your mind is the cup and your thoughts are the spoon. You are trying to fit God into your mind using your thoughts. You try to apply labels and names and characteristics to something which can't be labeled. God can't be fit into a box. God is everything inside the box, everything outside the box and even the box itself.

So these characteristics can be true, but they can't be the entire truth, because that would limit God to some finite form.

And all of this is just more thoughts. None of what I just said is actually true. It's just partial truths/relative truths. But non of it stands on it's own. That's what makes this so tricky. Anything you can say about God will be true and false, both and neither at the same time.

I haven't even had an experience of any kind of God, I'm just trying to show you that there are limits to your approach. Using logic and reason to understand God runs on the assumption that God must be reasonable or logical or at least knowable through logic and reason. But it's just an assumption. I don't understand anything about God, I was just interested in showing you that there are flaws in your line of thinking. That much I do understand.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

Reminder to give yourself a compliment! ❤️

Posted (edited)

@sda I'm getting very Muslim vibes from this post. Mashallah brother

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough

Yeah now that I'm looking at it again this is a very crude, constructed understanding of so-called "God" -- not at all what we're talking about with God realization. God is all there is. It's just a word. All there is, is all there is. Period. Obviously.

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

God is all there is. It's just a word. All there is, is all there is. Period. Obviously.

For it's obvious now that we're here. It's not so much obvious when you have no idea what God is BUT you think you Know what God is, or if there even is such a thing as God. Hes trying to get to a realization while skipping the realizations needed to get to that one. He's definitely looking at it from a pre-rational position.

@SpiritualAwakening

39 minutes ago, SpiritualAwakening said:

Also, you have no idea what God is, so how are you coming to the conclusion that these are its characteristics? Or that such a thing as God even exists? Also it's important that before you can even find out what God is, first you should raise the question if there even is such a thing as God..

These characteristics are the core stone of Theology.

10 minutes ago, SpiritualAwakening said:

Your name is my reaction lmfao

lmao same

"If you showed a caveman our technology, he would think it was magic. And if you showed a modern man magic, he would think it was technology." - Outlast (video game)