Gabith

How to be happy almost everyday ?

10 posts in this topic

I'm not really a seeker for truth, I had some mystical experiences but I'm more interested of how to create happiness, being more loving and enjoying my life as "me".

Here we can discuss of various techniques to improve our happiness ;)

A list that seems to work for me:

• Listening to uplifting songs
  • Running
  • Cold showers
  • Minimalist lifestyle
  • Smiling when I wake up and listening to "Smile" and "Pretend" by Nat King Cole during my morning yoga!
  • Spending time with my friend
  • Laying on the ground in my garden and watching the nature / sunbathing
  • Meditation, especially when I go deep
  • Gratittude journaling every day right before going to sleep
  • Some stoics principles like "Amor Fati" or "choosing tranquility over anger, frustration or bitterness" or "stop thinking about what is out of my control and accepting it" 
  • Eating foods I enjoy
  • taking drugs occasionally
  • a little bit of video games (less than 3 hours per week)

I'm trying to be less judgemental, more loving and more "in the present". I still have big issues like worrying about the future, not loving myself fully and being afraid of being rejected.

What about you my friends ?

Edited by Gabith

i dont want to burst your bubble but being happy 24/7 is not possible and that's fine. every emotion is good. accept all of them. it will put off great burden from your back. 

6 minutes ago, blackchair said:

i dont want to burst your bubble but being happy 24/7 is not possible and that's fine. every emotion is good. accept all of them. it will put off great burden from your back. 

I totally agree
It's alright to feel "negative emotions" sometime, all I want is to live happy most of my time and being happy 90% of the time is possible :)

I think being happy should not be the purpose. I believe doing what you love to do, being where you want to be, loving your job, knowing you are developing emotionally and physically, and being around people who are supportive and loving is the purpose. When you have all of these, even if bad things happen to you or you are sad for any reason, you would still be happy. That's my favorite paradox.

I think maybe the true happiness, the one that never last, is to be in the path of life that you enjoy. 

Do physically healthy things and don't be afraid of your emotions.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Being all the time totally happy and with a pleasant previously unknown body sensation is possible

But you won't belive me as everyone in this forum won't

Take it easy, nothing matters in the end, what goes up must come down and vice versa.

1 hour ago, Mimesis said:

Being all the time totally happy and with a pleasant previously unknown body sensation is possible

But you won't belive me as everyone in this forum won't

tell us more and maybe it will be useful for some open-minded people here :)

@Gabith I will

But I need to get inspired so I don't mess it up

But before, why do we, actualized.org followers, and really any others who follow any other teacher get no where (stable enlightenment, stable emotions)?

It is not complicated to understand, but it is to communicate properly. Will do it, I won't forget. I love spirituality and I am a Leo's follower since he wanted to teach us how to flirt... He lifted up my head. I could say that if it wasn't by him, I would be unconsciously dead. So I will do it