Hyacinth

Spiral dynamics- how do you evolve from green to yellow?

39 posts in this topic

I just recently watched the spiral dynamics series. And i believe that i am at stage green and ready to evolve to yellow because being at stage green is making me miserable. I know i am at stage green because i get trigged for racism,discrimination ,’cruelty and unfairness in the world and etc. I am sensitive and can be emotional about this. My personal life experiences can be attributed by this. But how do you move on to yellow when people around you are red, blue and orange? My entire family is blue. The company i work at is very orange and I experience lots of discrimination and even racism. You can advise to quit but for sure i’ll face it again along the way. So how do you actually deal with.

so for example, your manager exclude you from the team most of the times. Or your team mates put the blame on you cause youthey expect less resistance from you but would not do otherwise to other team members?

thank you

You are asking the wrong questions.

Tier 2 tends to focus more on the 'why' and not the 'how'

Also, you are the whole rainbow, not any particular color. Do not forget that.

This is a list of action steps in each Spiral video for how to evolve to the next stage. Did you not hear it?

Reading the Spiral Dynamics books is a great way to being the transition from Green to Yellow. You will become Yellow when you stop judging the lower stages and start understanding them as valid but limited POVs.

As far as your job situation goes, it would be smart to start looking for a job which lets you be around stage Green or Yellow people.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura i did. And one of the reasons i know i am still at green stage is because i still judge people. But im trying to catch myself when i do that and pause and let go.

I obviously need lots of growing to do. Its just gets hard when you are experiencing it first hand and i get offended by it. 

and just letting it slip makes me feel like i am letting them treat me that way. 

@Hyacinth Keep in mind it usually takes 5 years of effort to move up 1 stage. So it's a slow burn. You don't achieve it in a month.

@Leo Gura Say both parents are green or yellow, does the kid come out green or yellow?

@Leo Gura

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hyacinth Keep in mind it usually takes 5 years of effort to move up 1 stage. So it's a slow burn. You don't achieve it in a month.

Where would you put yourself?

35 minutes ago, Keef said:

@Leo Gura Say both parents are green or yellow, does the kid come out green or yellow?

No. Kids pass through all the lower stages, but more rapidly if the culture is higher, and sometimes fail to integrate the lower stages fully. Kid might rise to Green as a teen, but will likely not have a solid Red, Blue, Orange. But it depends on how the kid is raised.

26 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@Leo Gura

Where would you put yourself?

In between Yellow and Turquoise.

And still some work left to do on Tier 1. There's basically always lower stage work to do. Stages run deep. Shadows are easily developed and hard to unlearn.

Stage green jobs would be more obvious to me. Working at a vegan cafe, ayahuasca retreat centre, meditation place, charities 

but where would the stage yellow jobs be…. Systems analysts? Ha 

@Leo Gura thank you. This helped. I was raised blue. And it took me more than 3 years to abandon my religious beliefs. And this is through journaling, contemplation, watching your videos and reading books and challenging life situations. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

In between Yellow and Turquoise.

radical honesty, mindblown:$

See that all things you judge in others are caused by deep existential wounds that can only be fully healed through an infinitely meaningful connection with Truth/God/Absolute/Love/etc. 

Examine the structure of ego reactions in lower stages and even higher stages. See the similarities. Identify with part of reality, typically a virtue, comfort, pleasure > desire more of it > react against other values > see other values as different from you > etc. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

2 hours ago, Thetruthseeker said:

Basically more you go into Tier 2, more unconventional your job in society will be. Most profit seeking institutions and organizations have systems which will not tolerate Yellow thinking, and those systems are mostly created and maintained by Tier 1 people of course.

But there are some more conventional professions where you can find people with more or less Yellow traits. Examples could be like a holistic doctor or a good non-biased consultant. Although those too are pretty rare.

2 hours ago, Thetruthseeker said:

Stage green jobs would be more obvious to me. Working at a vegan cafe, ayahuasca retreat centre, meditation place, charities 

Coaching, guiding, consulting, therapy, some academia, some tech industry sectors, some business / corporate training or advising, transpersonal psychology, content creators like Leo, Rebel Wisdom, Integral Life, etc. 

@Hyacinth Read a ton of Stage Yellow content, books, podcasts. Study all the various maps of developmental psychology. Consider integrating your stage Blue shadows via a mystic branch of the religion you were raised in. Christianity? If so, check out Richard Rohr, a great stage Yellow Christain mystic.

I wrote a bit about my journey from Orange to Green to Yellow, if you're interested in reading: https://tuckerwalsh.medium.com/a-map-for-my-younger-self-bfa1dcd22243

Edited by tuckerwphotography

@Leo Gura Leo how would you say is the best way to integrate stage orange? I always felt like I was green but looking deeply and also noticing the life os many of my friends, the spirituality of green stage thinks that money does not matter and all is an illusion, I feel like right now I went back to Orange to get my shit together, save up some money and buy a house just so I can free my mind to go deeper, but what I see many friends doing is living a minimalist life, not working much and focusing on the spiritual path, without any life purpose, simple easy life which I found it to be an easier way, to just live off the grids and not really try the hustle of Orange stage. Then I question myself, am I really integrating orange fully or just getting stuck in it? Are my friends thinking they are green and skipping stage orange? 

I've watched the spiral dynamic series many times and am planning to read the book sometime soon, I considered myself to be maybe roughly 40% green, 30%orange, 25 yellow and some shades of blue..I'm vegan, a little activist, love defending the envyronment but as time went by I saw myself in need of money and kind of denying to participate in capitalism to own my place on earth, I'm also investing in my life purpose which requires me to work my ass off and not have too much time for all the spiritual practices, I still do meditation but spirituality/enlightenment is not my primary focus right now.

Any comments are highly appreciated!! 9_9

Edited by MsNobody

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

1 hour ago, MsNobody said:

@Leo Gura Leo how would you say is the best way to integrate stage orange? I always felt like I was green but looking deeply and also noticing the life os many of my friends, the spirituality of green stage thinks that money does not matter and all is an illusion, I feel like right now I went back to Orange to get my shit together, save up some money and buy a house just so I can free my mind to go deeper, but what I see many friends doing is living a minimalist life, not working much and focusing on the spiritual path, without any life purpose, simple easy life which I found it to be an easier way, to just live off the grids and not really try the hustle of Orange stage. Then I question myself, am I really integrating orange fully or just getting stuck in it? Are my friends thinking they are green and skipping stage orange? 

I can relate. My biggest issue that I've completely neglected stage Orange with no material success and financial stability. And although I live in a developed country and I have my basic needs met, this is not fulfilling at all.

I've spent 6 years addressing childhood issues and growing spiritually. However, I can't deny the need to have professional success in my chosen field and money. Before I denied this and tried to convince myself that spirituality is all that matters. Yet, deep down I always knew, and now finally can admit it, that I'll never be able to transcend ego and reach tier 2 until I go and milk the shit out of the capitalist stage orange. 

I want a house, a nice car, have money to pay for high-quality water, food, clothes, pay for meditation retreats and have the money to travel to take psychedelics to beautiful locations around the country. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as I don't become a selfish evil person who goes and tries to exploit everyone. I'm aware of the ego and its tricks, hence while I'm pursuing success and money, I'm still on the spiritual path because eventually, I want to transcend Stage Orange and integrate tier 2. 

softly into the Abyss...

I didn't see anyone mention relativity. To get to Yellow you need a deep insight into relativity. Start contemplating it, are there any perspectives that are objectively true? How does a perspective or worldview come about? How would your worldview change if your life conditions had been different?

Once you get relativity, most of your judgments will automatically fall away.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions