Thought Art

Never Kill Yourself For Any Reason

35 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ivankiss said:

You have no access to rational thinking when you're in deep pain. No realization you had can stop you from suffering - if suffering is meant to be.

However - this is what I would like to emphasize here:

Do not throw rationality out the window.

In this circles; rationality is often spoken of as a limitation. A defect, even. Many people can take that as an excuse to act completely irrationally.

Rationality is a very important puzzle piece. It has its limitations, but it should by no means be eliminated or destroyed for good. Like everything else; it should be integrated.

My question to you is, how are you going to survive at all without rationality? If you stop thinking rationally its over. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

Pre-rational >> rational >> trans-rational

Trans-rational it NOT irrational.

Be careful with this classic pre/trans fallacy.

Genuine spirituality is more than rational. Consciousness makes you more intelligent, not less.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Life Could be considered a sacrifice, in essence, the dynamic dance into destruction, lord shiva takes the wheel xD 

outside of all stories, we have no control whatsoever, life and death are happenings, smile and wave

mother earth asks for our faith/trust in the cycles of change, ride it, don’t give up until you can meet her from within 

Edited by DrewNows

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Pre-rational >> rational >> trans-rational

Trans-rational it NOT irrational.

Be careful with this classic pre/trans fallacy.

Genuine spirituality is more than rational. Consciousness makes you more intelligent, not less.

Thanks for pointing that out. Ok, so its beyond rational. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

"Never Kill Yourself For Any Reason"

Dogmatic, narrow-minded.

It seems rather pointless to get into something for the purpose of self improvement, then kill that self as a result of said improvement. Rather counterintuitive.

There is not enough emphasis put on relative existence, which leads to psychosis-tier mental derangement.

When someone loses sight of relative experience, you only need to tell them to go let a bunch of bees sting them for fun, or have them watch a movie or read a book while repeating "this is all fake" throughout.

People love getting lost in fantasy like with fiction books or films or TV shows. Why then do they refuse to get lost in actual life?

It does feel a lot like Death is presented in this forum in the same way that it is presented in the Netflix special "Black Mirror: Bandersnatch" where the drug induced character deliberates a reality with a multitude of timelines

One of the important lessons is to make good distinctions. That's the problem here.

Once, I wanted to kill myself, because I was questioning myself too much. But you have to go deeper and realize that killing the body is not the same as killing yourself and even making that distinction does not mean that you have realized what you are.

I had a physical aillness, in which I made me want to kill myself because no doctor knew how to cure it. I had it for 4 years. 

Those 4 years were the most grueling periods of my life and I thought I would have it my whole life. Everyday was a panic attack. 

I know what it feels like to want to kill yourself. Imagine having a physical ailment that you are in excruciating pain where you cannot socialize to anybody during such pains and the doctor tells you he doesn't know how to cure it. 

Fortunately, I had cured it by myself, for some good reason I cannot tell you right now because it will take a few pages. 

Certainly telling people who are like that to fuck off isn't the right choice, but also telling them that it is okay to kill themselves doesn't help either. Idk myself how to solve this question, because I don't know what I would do now if I were to experience the pain again. It's a hard question indeed. 

1 hour ago, charlie cho said:

I don't know what I would do now if I were to experience the pain again.

You push to survive until you can push no more. That's how life works. People have different capacities and will to push. Some can push for 4 years, others can push for 4 months, others can push for 4 days. But we all have our limits. Don't assume you can push forever under any circumstances. At some point you will tap out. The point of survival is to never reach that point.

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

"Never Kill Yourself For Any Reason"

Dogmatic, narrow-minded.

Use your intelligence and own understanding of nuance. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Leo Gura I don't assume I can push forever. For fucks sake no. That would be another ego trip altogether. I remember thinking that enlightenment will make me push this pain until forever. Not necessarily true. Having such thoughts only breeds more ego and more delusions of what enlightenment is and in the end more mental illness and then more physical pain. You still feel physical pain if people hit you with a bat after you have attained wisdom. You don't become superman. Taking care of the mind is the same with taking care of the body.

The source of my physical ailment was indeed, mind. I changed my inner self. But it took a year for my body to adjust even when my mind became a little healthier. 

Anyways, I think it helps when one has a mind of challenge against suicide and self destruction. Not to become jaded. One needs a sort of tough love to get over it because that was how I overcame my physical ailment and therefore, my depression. 

Huh, but this is just my experience. I cannot say the same with a person in a wheelchair, or a person who has parkinson's disease. 

Edited by charlie cho

39 minutes ago, charlie cho said:

Anyways, I think it helps when one has a mind of challenge against suicide and self destruction. Not to become jaded. One needs a sort of tough love to get over it because that was how I overcame my physical ailment and therefore, my depression. 

What's necessary to avoid suicidal depression is one thing: Hope.

When all hope is lost, that's when people kill themselves.

@Tim Ho Apparently today, I have learned knowledge is also very important in avoiding suicide. 

Edited by charlie cho