King Merk

How To Become God-Realized

18 posts in this topic

I loved Leo’s most recent video on God-Realization. I think it may even be my favorite video he’s recorded.

However, I didn’t receive clarity in how exactly one goes about becoming God-Realized. Practically speaking, what exactly should one do to achieve this?

(Other than the whole detoxifying heavy metals from the brain bit which I’m certainly excited to learn more about)

I’ve seen a lot of bickering back and forth between meditation vs psychedelics.

Is becoming God-Realized as simple as utilizing these two tools? Is one more important than the other?

Would love to hear some more opinions on this. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@King Merk do you have a meditation practice currently?  And have you done self inquiry?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 yes I have been meditating for the last 5 years or so. Admittedly my consistency has varied over the years but at least 2-3 days per week. That’s something I need to work on. 

I’ve played around with self inquiry but I typically lean more towards the “do nothing” technique and the “note, label then savor” technique that Leo & Shinzen Young speak on.

I also do psychedelics once a month or so.

So yea, I do both lol. I feel my meditation game has much room for improvement though. 

20 minutes ago, King Merk said:

@Inliytened1 yes I have been meditating for the last 5 years or so. Admittedly my consistency has varied over the years but at least 2-3 days per week. That’s something I need to work on. 

I’ve played around with self inquiry but I typically lean more towards the “do nothing” technique and the “note, label then savor” technique that Leo & Shinzen Young speak on.

I also do psychedelics once a month or so.

So yea, I do both lol. I feel my meditation game has much room for improvement though. 

Ok I would start doing self inquiry.  Inquire as to what you think you are and then start crossing those things off the list as you rule them out.  Something can click (the realization of no self)  its very powerful.

Continue doing the do nothing meditation as well.  Mix in some concentration meditation.  Just stare at an object for a while and see if it starts to shift back in forth.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Clarify, understanding, and power. Lots of work with meditation, contemplation, inquiry, surrender of the ego, and getting into the deep fine art that is the psychedelic experience...

All the above, combined, in the right quantities, with joyful effort, over a long period of time -> God-Realization.

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Continue doing the do nothing meditation as well.  Mix in some concentration meditation.  Just stare at an object for a while and see if it starts to shift back in forth.

@Inliytened1 thank you for the response. Would you mind elaborating on this? What do you mean by staring at an object to see if it start to shift? 

@The0Self thanks for the feedback. I can see how those things over time would likely lead to god realization.

You began with the words “clarify, understanding and power”.

What do you mean by this? 

53 minutes ago, King Merk said:

@The0Self thanks for the feedback. I can see how those things over time would likely lead to god realization.

You began with the words “clarify, understanding and power”.

What do you mean by this? 

Meant clarity, not clarify.

Clear on what's not worth believing in, understanding truth by direct experience and mindfulness, and power of consciousness via mindfulness, psychedelics, and insight. Perhaps (provided one has built plenty of samadhi) view experiences through various insight lenses such as impermanence, unsatisfactoriness, not-self, and emptiness of inherent existence.

To learn concentration, read: The Mind Illuminated

To learn insight practice, read: MCTB and Seeing that Frees

For peak experiences: do many different psychedelics and different dosages, combine with integration and contemplation and intention.

To unravel the self, I'd combine Ralston's Book of Not Knowing with contemplation, journaling, shadow work, and self-inquiry.  Keep mixing the self-inquiry with meditation as well, as it will get more effective when you can enter higher jhanic states.

Finally, accept NO GROUND.  Whatever you realize, let it go, and keep going.  Do this forever, even if you think you realize God.  This is the key to not getting stuck somewhere.

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:

To learn concentration, read: The Mind Illuminated

To learn insight practice, read: MCTB and Seeing that Frees

For peak experiences: do many different psychedelics and different dosages, combine with integration and contemplation and intention.

To unravel the self, I'd combine Ralston's Book of Not Knowing with contemplation, journaling, shadow work, and self-inquiry.  Keep mixing the self-inquiry with meditation as well, as it will get more effective when you can enter higher jhanic states.

Finally, accept NO GROUND.  Whatever you realize, let it go, and keep going.  Do this forever, even if you think you realize God.  This is the key to not getting stuck somewhere.

This entire comment. Couldn't have said it better myself.

@Flyboy thank you for the comment. That was just what I was looking for.

Just finished Ralston’s Book Of Not Knowing and it blew my fucking mind/sense a self apart. I feel like that ones is going to take years of chewing on and revisiting.

MTCB has been sitting on my shelf for the last year & a half and I haven’t touched it :( soon lol

Will start to self inquire more and add in some of the other stuff.

Namaste(: 

1 hour ago, King Merk said:

@Flyboy thank you for the comment. That was just what I was looking for.

Just finished Ralston’s Book Of Not Knowing and it blew my fucking mind/sense a self apart. I feel like that ones is going to take years of chewing on and revisiting.

MTCB has been sitting on my shelf for the last year & a half and I haven’t touched it :( soon lol

Will start to self inquire more and add in some of the other stuff.

Namaste(: 

Glad to help!  Not Knowing and MCTB are totally different approaches, but ultimately complementary.  I struggled to integrate what I read in MCTB for several months, especially if you're a Leo fan.  Shinzen's "Science of Enlightenment" and Frank Yang helped me eventually reconcile it, mostly.  Let me know if you get stuck on this like I did.  After MCTB you will finally understand what meditation really is, but even then, there is a long way to go.  But that will keep you busy for quite some time :) 

@King Merk Easily the most epic and helpful tomes on meditation and emptiness:

Seeing That Frees

MCTB

TMI

9 hours ago, The0Self said:

@King Merk Easily the most epic and helpful tomes on meditation and emptiness:

Seeing That Frees

MCTB

TMI

Those are great resources :D thanks for sharing them.  Rob Burbea is a f*cking beast. Also if you guys are into his stuff check out his talks on https://dharmaseed.org/teacher/210/

a lot of his "post emptiness" stuff is quite interesting and i think can resonate with a lot of people on this board, it's more about filling up the "Form" of emptiness after you';ve realized it.  

@Being Frank Yang dude I still can’t believe you’re on the forum.

I remember showing videos of you and Zyzz to all my buddies back in high school like 7-8 years ago and them all thinking I was weird asf lol

Who’d of thought mirin gainz would evolve into consciousness pursuits 

@Paracosm yea I’ve used both to achieve a temporary god realization but it’s so fleeting.

I find it hard to integrate 5-Meo and N,N-DMT because they’re such short and intense experiences.

It’s like HOLF FUCKING SHIT that was the most profound and beautiful experience of my life....

aaaaaaand now what?

Edited by King Merk