Muhammad Jawad

Soonhei (Member of this community) killed himself to experience Conscious Death. :-(

481 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura It's only a small portion that don't seem to recognise the amount of effort that you go to. 

On a personal level, this website has changed my life and I'm sure it has done the same for thousands of others. 

Edited by Jonty

37 minutes ago, kai0 said:

there are no others - you are imagining everything - everything is a dream literally and not figuratively - death doesn't exist or occur - and other statements

All of these are standard nondual truths.

If you cannot handle them, then stop doing spirituality and nonduality. I am not going to babysit you.

The entire point of all spiritual work is to realize that death is imaginary!

"The secret to life is to die before you die -- and find that there is no death." -- Eckhart Tolle

"Nothing that was real ever died, only names, forms, and illusions. The end of illusion – that's all death is." -- Eckhart Tolle

"When you have died this death, you realize that there is no death, and that there is nothing to fear. Only the ego dies." -- Eckhart Tolle

"There is no doubt whatsoever that the universe is the merest illusion." -- Ramana Maharshi

"Death is nothing else but going home to God, the bond of love will be unbroken for all eternity." -- Mother Teresa

"Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come." -- Rabindranath Tagore

"Death is a taboo in most societies in the world. But what if we’ve got it completely wrong? What if death was not the catastrophe that it is made out to be but an essential aspect of life, rife with spiritual possibilities for transcendence?" -- Sadhguru

"The only reason why people have such a fear of death is they know nothing beyond the body." -- Sadhguru

"Death is a cosmic joke. If you get the joke, falling on the other side will be wonderful." -- Sadhguru

"Death is a fiction of the unaware. There is only life, life, and life alone, moving from one dimension to another." -- Sadhguru

- - - - - -

So please, spare me your crocodile tears about my teachings. My teaching are perfectly consistent with 2000 years of mystical and nondual tradition.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Because there is no way to filter out those people 

@Leo Gura

So therein lies the problem, which is a wider problem of You Tube. 

My point is that actually no one is really an expert on here or claims to be. I'm not advocating for a mental health organisation at all. Just better signposting for vulnerable people. 

I get that these types of forums are social forums and yes a lot of people get a lot out of them. What you've created has evolved into something else. 

Perhaps think about meeting your members in person like a Satsang or Q and A. 

@Preety_India I see already planty of poeple here that are simpathetic and give tips(Leo included), but that's it. You cannot expect Leo to solve everyone's problem, nor should he.
If someone with deep emotional problems come here the best thing that Leo and the Admins can do is suggest therapy with a professionist. That's an act of care, not indifference. This is humility.  Always remember the scope of this forum, because it's a problem to think that that a digital place can be a replacement for 1 to 1 treatment.

Leo's intellectual approach will inevitably lead to confusion, because people will make his insights into believes and ideologies.

It's like reading a book about computer science and thinking you are a software developer.

Don't believe anything anyone says. Not Eckhart Tolle, Sadguru, Leo.... Find out for yourself.

This should be the only disclaimer to give.

Everyone is responsible for their own actions. Don't be second hand people.

Edited by dharm4

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All of these are standard nondual truths.

If you cannot handle them, then stop doing spirituality and nonduality. I am not going to babysit you.

The entire point of all spiritual work is to realize that death is imaginary!

"The secret to life is to die before you die." -- Eckhart Tolle

"There is no doubt whatsoever that the universe is the merest illusion." -- Ramana Maharshi

"Death is nothing else but going home to God, the bond of love will be unbroken for all eternity." -- Mother Teresa

"Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come." -- Rabindranath Tagore

"Death is a taboo in most societies in the world. But what if we’ve got it completely wrong? What if death was not the catastrophe that it is made out to be but an essential aspect of life, rife with spiritual possibilities for transcendence?" -- Sadhguru

"The only reason why people have such a fear of death is they know nothing beyond the body." -- Sadhguru

"Death is a cosmic joke. If you get the joke, falling on the other side will be wonderful." -- Sadhguru

"Death is a fiction of the unaware. There is only life, life, and life alone, moving from one dimension to another." -- Sadhguru

You always say death is wonderful, but harming the body not. But you don't explain why, only that one would regret it. 

So why would someone regreting harming a body which would then no longer exist? 

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

@dharm4 yeah definitely. Leo approaches Truth through mind, not heart. It's his way of doing things. Krishnamurti was the same too. 

Don't put the responsibility or the authority to anybody. We are solely responsible. Unless, you have someone physically trying to harm you for not doing what they tell you to, you have no excuses. Nada. None. Done

Edited by charlie cho

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

29 minutes ago, @tuckerwphotography said:

You cannot say "No, there is not". You have no way of knowing, as we cannot access what is beyond here and now. 

• Some assume there is something (matter) because it appears like that.
  • Others assume there is nothing, because there is no direct experiential evidence of anything outside of Here-Now-Awareness.

but the correct response to such a question should not be to label the unknown/unknowable mystery as something or nothing, but to be true to what we actually know and label it with question mark or Mu. 

It is a mystery and will remain a mystery. We like to know things, but I had a major breakthrough when I changed this little assumption of knowing what is beyond us (or lack of such a thing) when if we are honest, as conscious awareness, we do not. 

You misunderstood. Yes, this is a mystery. My point was this is ALL there is. Show me something else. There's nothing other than what is. That there is something else is the whole dream...

6 minutes ago, charlie cho said:

@dharm4 yeah definitely. Leo approaches Truth through mind, not heart. It's his way of doing things. Krishnamurti was the same too. 

Don't put the responsibility or the authority to anybody. We are solely responsible. Unless, you have someone physically trying to harm you for not doing what they tell you to, you have no excuses. Nada. None. Done

@charlie cho Funny you mention Krishnamurti, I think he even coined the term "Second hand people". Being an independent thinker is hard. So many people want some Spiritual Authority to tell them what is True. It's a challenge to stand for yourself and take responsibility.

I find it incredible to carry the least responsibility in leo for this event. This is an open forum and Leo participates as one more user. apart it has a video section, but it is something separate, it could well be two different pages that would give the same thing. the guy who committed suicide was intelligent, he thought for himself. It is incredible to read people asking for paternalism, pathetic . everyone is free to do what they want. Leo (and others) should only adhere to one standard: total integrity. This forum is an oasis of integrity, never seen in internet. 

59 minutes ago, kai0 said:

Statements like:

there are no others - you are imagining everything - everything is a dream literally and not figuratively - death doesn't exist or occur - and other statements

Therein lies the real problem. These words aren't neutral or innocent as you might think. They trigger certain chains of thoughts that more often than not lead to negative impacts from depression and nihilism all the way to suicide and genocide. The disclaimers do very little when you emphasize too much on the literal aspect of truthfulness regarding those statements.

This is basically the central point of spirituality... Not exclusive to Leo or actualized.org. There is no alternative... Well, apart from just not having the info disseminated at all... Freedom is dangerous; you have to take the good with the bad.

You really do seem to take for granted just how careful and effective Leo has been thus far.

Edited by The0Self

So, now I've actually registered to post something here. First of all, my heart goes to the ones who are now faced with the loss of him as a friend, a parent, a lover, and finally as a person.

By what his last words here on the forum where, it seems to me that the desire to experience death in this collective reality was triggered by a conceptual misunderstanding. He tried to make conceptual sense of life and death by constructing a framework of "endless dreams". But whatever is constructed within the mind is just symbols and metaphors. He must have thought to move on to another "realm" of reality after knocking out his physicality. Like dreaming up different storylines and then waking up. But he might have mistaken what moves on for what stays in this "realm". These are just my thoughts on this.

Of course, the mind is tricky and language can be very subjective, especially when it comes to the attached symbols and metaphors behind the sheer words. That is why Leo's teaching CAN be misleading if you're not mentally stable and arrive at conclusions too fast about how reality is structered and shaped. He might have thought to have it figured out, that's why he took such radical action.

1 minute ago, Dreamcatcher said:

So, now I've actually registered to post something here. First of all, my heart goes to the ones who are now faced with the loss of him as a friend, a parent, a lover, and finally as a person.

By what his last words here on the forum where, it seems to me that the desire to experience death in this collective reality was triggered by a conceptual misunderstanding. He tried to make conceptual sense of life and death by constructing a framework of "endless dreams". But whatever is constructed within the mind is just symbols and metaphors. He must have thought to move on to another "realm" of reality after knocking out his physicality. Like dreaming up different storylines and then waking up. But he might have mistaken what moves on for what stays in this "realm". These are just my thoughts on this.

Of course, the mind is tricky and language can be very subjective, especially when it comes to the attached symbols and metaphors behind the sheer words. That is why Leo's teaching CAN be misleading if you're not mentally stable and arrive at conclusions too fast about how reality is structered and shaped. He might have thought to have it figured out, that's why he took such radical action.

Or, he could have been depressed underneath the outwardly and inwardly projected loving exterior, and essentially turned depression into a shadow... Then perhaps he was looking for whatever excuse to end his pain -- if he could concoct a comfortable story, he'd more easily be able to go through with it.

Now, that is of course 100% conjecture, but something similar is totally plausible.

6 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Lol, finnaly I can agree with you on something :D

Now if you just realized that being angry, obnoxious and arrogant has nothing to do with authenticity, it's just a result of ego and low awareness, that would be fantastic :D

Regards ?:)

And only if you'd realize some of that is your own possible projection and we live in a somewhat mysterious place in which "what is" is not exactly easy to claim as certainly as we see, feel, think and like :)

That said you "may" have some points.... and sometimes that is the best we can say.

4 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

I have had the thought run through my mind in the past that goes something like this: "This is all a Dream, and all that exist is in my direct experience right here right now (as per Leo's Guided Exercise for Realizing You Are God video). Therefore if I kill myself there will be no family and friends that I leave behind who will grieve me because they are just an illusion, and they will cease to exist once the dream of Tucker dies. Therefore, my suicide will not cause any pain or suffering because there is literally no one else to experience this pain and suffering." 

A part of me still wonders if this line of thinking has aspects of truth or not. I'm sharing this so that it can be discussed and hopefully clarified rather than me just repressing these half-baked ideas into my shadow. Thank you.

The best way I can answer this for you is if I were to cut off your penis would it hurt, would you be left with the pain and difficulty of what that means your life from that point on?

RIP ?

Im sorry for the familys loss ❤

One thing i dont understand is the delusional people in here kinda blaming Leo for something like this, like wtf is wrong with you guys!

Take responsebility for your own Life.

How the hell is he supposed to even know how much people in general will twist his teachings?

Like srsly only looking for someone to blame.

It is extremely sad for the family in this case but this man made a choice and it is not up to us to judge his decisions. 

Every man can twist any other mans word to infinity.

But people here trying to blame Leo, grow up and grow a pair of balls srsly and wake the fuck up and realize that this sort of stuff happens all the time.

Leo has never ever said that someone should commit suicide so step off your high horses.

Non duality has had the same teachings for centuries, and no one is complaining about that but now all of the sudden Leo should be given the blame?

Gimme a break. 

Each and everyone of us should take 100% responsebility for our own lifes.

Edited by Adamq8

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

3 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Or, he could have been depressed underneath the outwardly and inwardly projected loving exterior, and essentially turned depression into a shadow... Then perhaps he was looking for whatever excuse to end his pain -- if he could concoct a comfortable story, he'd more easily be able to go through with it.

Now, that is of course 100% conjecture, but something similar is totally plausible.

Okay, now we're speculating. But of course, this can't be excluded. My interpretation was based on his last post. But if he needed an excuse he might as well depict it that way. After all, we don't know.

Blaming Leo for anything is quite ridiculous. Even suggesting that he should change something. 
I don't know many other people, whose work brings life back so much.

Are you looking for someone else's fault? Why are you suggesting that there is any fault?

Something has gone wrong? From whose point of view? SoonHei's or your?

Adult man, his will, his freedom, his bubble...
You don't know the reasons, and you'll never know. Accept it. Let others live their own life and choose.

RIP SoonHei

9 minutes ago, The0Self said:

This to me is really the only plausible thing. Nobody could believe when Robin Williams hanged himself, that is usually the case...

I cannot accept a person just jumping off a bridge like this. It makes no sense at all. I don't think the Buddha chucked himself off a bridge, Maharshi hasn't chucked himself off a bridge. It doesn't seem the done thing outside of cultural influence.

I have strong conviction this was essentially an excuse to end an existence perceived as unpleasant in some way or another.

If this was the end result of spiritual belief, every guru like the Buddha etc would be committing suicide.

3 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

This to me is really the only plausible thing. Nobody could believe when Robin Williams hanged himself, that is usually the case...

I cannot accept a person just jumping off a bridge like this. It makes no sense at all. I don't think the Buddha chucked himself off a bridge, Maharshi hasn't chucked himself off a bridge. It doesn't seem the done thing outside of cultural influence.

I have strong conviction this was essentially an excuse to end an existence perceived as unpleasant in some way or another.

If this was the end result of spiritual belief, every guru like the Buddha etc would be committing suicide.

Yeah it's just speculation, but it certainly fits. Seeking so hard it may have just been too much.