Muhammad Jawad

Soonhei (Member of this community) killed himself to experience Conscious Death. :-(

481 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Moksha said:

@Zeroguy Definitions are self-limiting. Choose whatever makes sense to you.

Ultimately, there is no enlightenment, beyond relative reality. It is a word, used to describe an "individual's" realization and expression of their ultimate nature.

It is not just seeing the fire, it is also living by it. If you are still bound by attachments, you are not fully enlightened.

One who has merely heard of fire has ajnana, ignorance. One who has seen fire has jnana. But one who has actually built a fire and cooked on it has vijnana.

- Ramakrishna

The awakened sages call a person wise when all his undertakings are free from anxiety about results; all his selfish desires have been consumed in the fire of knowledge…Their security is unaffected by the results of their action; even while acting, they really do nothing at all.

Bhagavad Gita 4:19-20

Don't want to argue with you or do I care about some scripts. 

It's not really about enlightenment at all. It is about responsability, your own responsability. 

Love life whats wrong with it? 

@Etherial Cat I agree. Nobody's teachings should be taken as gospel. At best, they only point to the truth that is already within you. Once the truth is realized, the teachings can be set aside as a raft that helped you across the river, and is no longer needed.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, jimwell said:

@SoonHei

He sent me a message once. I hadn't talked to him and didn't know him but he was compassionate and positive in his message. So, the good things you said about your brother must be true. 

I feel very sad about what happened to him. I wish he had chosen a different decision or place. Continue grieving, but from time to time, remember he is at least free from any form of suffering now and can't be harmed in any way. And that the best thing you can do is to finally overcome the grief. That is probably what he wants for you and the rest of his family.

To Leo and forum members here:

Making crazy claims but can't back it up with actions have already done much harm. If you had walked more and talked less, you would have been more careful in your talks. You would have changed your claims from "Life and Death are imaginary. Don;t worry about it. Look at me, I don't". "You are God and Only you exist, your family and friends don't. SO don't worry about it. Look at me, I don't."     to     "Life and Death are real. And so is pain. So be careful. But when you get to a point where your consciousness gets so elevated, you see Life, Death, Family, and Friends as imaginary, still be careful. Because imagination is also real."

Most humans are easily persuaded by "authority" figures. So, they tend to believe things, no matter how outlandish and absurd they are. My speculation is Sunny believed he could finally awaken from the "imaginary dream" of life after jumping from the bridge. It was a dogmatic belief, no skepticism and no experience of "awakening" or "God-realization". I also speculate there have been many followers of Leo (vulnerable ones) who have been harmed directly or indirectly via his teachings. But we never heard of them because nobody reported.

soonhei.jpg

The messages between you and him are so ironic and haunting.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

Love life whats wrong with it? 

Amen!

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Rest in peace the homie 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 hour ago, Zeroguy said:

Actual enlightenment can cause real psychotic breakdowns and so many other "great stuff". 

Not all sunshine and rainbows with this. 

Serious questions etc. 

This is true. I have suffered bouts of derealization and also very briefly existential crisis. Often accompanied with thoughts like "I don't want to know anymore!"

Remember the Russian woman in the Crystal Skull Indiana Jones movie?

Knowing is not necessarily a good thing.

9 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Amen!

Be well wish you all the best. 

RIP @SoonHei.

Unbeleivable. Just... Have no words. 

Leo is not responsible for this. Anyone putting blame on Leo and his work is being far too simplistic. Everyone is eventually responsible for what they do in life although they could be misled and brainwashed in this work.

I believe some people in this forum engage in too much spiritual platitudes and using empty philosophical rhetoric to explain real life problems which can be very damaging and feel like gaslighting. Not saying that this is responsible for the suicide, yet brainwashing of any form is harmful to psychological health and can easily derail you. Some objectivity is necessary. This is a question where lines between reality and spirituality are blurred and so being objective helps you to stay grounded. A few days back Leo told me to not be a pig about survival but be a butterfly hovering over survival yet not being too attached to it. The problem is such teachings look great in words but hard to test against reality. The lesson to be drawn here is that as much as you realise that all you learn about spirituality is very true, yet in real life you cannot simply apply spiritual aspects because reality of being a human is not compatible with spiritual teachings and so realize that truth is truth yet truth is not applicable in reality which is also another truth. Don't be too carried away by spiritual truths where you begin to blur lines and take everything for granted and lose sight of objectivity in everyday circumstances. Spiritual understanding should come with the awareness that the world and reality aren't operating on these principles and so learning the truth is one thing but be carefull about how you go around applying it, it shouldn't be applied literally. Logic is the key. Use objective sense with everyday situations not spiritual platitudes. It's all cute when you listen to these things but your reality shouldn't be defined around these things. Keep your life separated from teachings and understand it's limitations with respect to the real world. Some teachings are useful and so apply those and those that are not objectively useful should only be used for awareness of truth.

Leo is not responsible for this. When you are into the kind of work Leo does, you need to come into it with the personal responsibility that all you do is solely based on how you interpret things. You need a serious commitment and work ethic in this kind of work where you won't do things that are irresponsible in the quest for spirituality. You need to be aware that this work is not tailored for those who are not adequately prepared to take the consequences of the revelations you will have on this path. If you think that this work is distorting your reality,then perhaps it's not meant for you, however don't blame the work or Leo. it's your level of self responsibility and open mindedness that counts on this path.

You need some serious skill and intellect and responsibility to survive on this path and the struggle can be very daunting. So before you sign up for something like this,mentally take a not and understand that do's and don'ts and be aware of how not to twist your reality by what you're going to learn,hard to do but it's one of the challenges that is very inherent with such work and if you're a poor judge of reality then you're going to be having a hard time reconciling spiritual truths and objectivity. Understanding the crucial differences between objectivity based simple self help designed to improve survival versus hard spiritual practice that transcends survival is extremely important.

@Preety_India There is a reason why some gurus have secret teachings. Then again, technically any non-dual teaching can be misunderstood in this direction. It then boils down to how explicit you want to be about it. Then the question becomes if Leo were to establish essentially a monk order where only the advanced seekers get access to the juicy parts, then that certainly wouldn't help the cult accusations (not that they're valid in any way). The problem in this case though is that SoonHei gave the impression of being a rather advanced seeker in many ways, which strengthens the case that you can't account for everything. These things do happen and it's sad, yet that is life.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, kinesin said:

@Tim R "Leo can't be held responsible for anything his followers/listeners do, it's 100% up to them." is a cop out.  That may be legally true, but it isn't morally true.  In truth if Leo wants to be a responsible 'teacher' to so many people, his approach will need to change fundamentally.

He simply isn't careful enough, considering the number of people out there who mistake him for an enlightened holder of absolute truth.  He's far too glib, he gives short superficial answers to questions which deserve far more care.  Just a few days ago I saw him post this, which at the time I called out as irresponsible.  It's a good example of the issue -

ds6f7sd6.png

No, he's not irresponsible. When undergoing a metaphysical discussion we have to talk about life, death, meaning, void, etc.... It's not his responsibility if people misunderstand metaphysics as physics.

Metaphysics is NOT physics.

The fact that perceptions are imagined by the True Self does NOT mean that shooting a bullet into your head will make the body lively and happy.

Going beyond life is dangerous. Of course. If you've had glimpses of awakening you should know that you are traveling beyond survival.

Of course I'm sorry for SoonHei, and I want his family to be well and safe.

But leave metaphysics out of the discussion, because that's becoming witch hunting.....

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

@Carl-Richard yes you cannot take these examples and then take fault with the teaching. Whether it's Leo or some other guru, what you take from them is up to you unless it's a serious brainwashing cult,in which case the person being brainwashed has partial culpability not full..

2 hours ago, kinesin said:

Yeah, that thread is indeed quite a good example of it.  I found one of his comments in there to be a particularly egregious demonstration of his lack of insight.  Truly, Leo is living in a dream world and needs to wake up and realise he's speaking to actual, living people when he gives such poorly thought out teachings.

8asd78das7as.jpg

Again.... this is risking of turning into a witch hunt :o

Don't do that. Be smarter and recognize that someone committed suicide and we DON'T know what he was thinking! He must have had some kind of hidden depression or some dark night of the soul, or other well-concealed problems. Nobody here ever suggested suicide....

Stop the inquisition before it becomes a pitchfork mob.... Don't fall in mass unconsciousness. (I'm talking to everyone, not just you :) )

:/

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

@SoonHei To his sister, thank you for replying and confirming his death. As of now, I am inclined to believe you that it is true. Although I have no further proof of it. I'm sorry for your loss and I understand it is confusing why a spiritual and happy person would do such a gratuitous thing.

There is nothing spiritual about jumping off a bridge. It's clear from his messages that he understood his dream would end. So that's exactly what happens. The dream of life ends. The dream of life is a beautiful gift and ending it prematurely for no good reason (such as extreme suffering) is a ridiculously unnecessary thing to do. Life is meant to be lived out, not ended prematurely. Spiritual awakening can be had here and now, without need of any physical harm to the body. That is the entire point of spiritual work and practice. If jumping off a bridge was valid spiritual practice, then there wouldn't need to be any teachings. The teaching would just be: go jump off a bridge. And obviously no spiritual person teaches that.

It frustrates me when people misuse spiritual teachings in such gross and obvious ways.

8 hours ago, Scholar said:

It should not be surprising, the philosophy Leo is using to describe spirituality is even more radical than this. Connor is a good example of this too.

Connor is mentally ill, batshit crazy, and has no integrity. Do not associate my teachings with Connor in any way. He broke everything I told him and I warned him about. I warned him back in December 2020 by phone that what he was doing was antithetical to my teachings. The things he was doing went against the core of what I teach and warned about in my Become A Zen Devil video, and many other videos. He was chronically abusing psychedelics in ways that I warned against from day 1 in my video: How To Use Psychedelics For Personal Development, and elsewhere. He also lied to me multiple times. He lied to me about his chronic psychedelic use, he lied about mental illness, and more.

If you say everything is Good and Love, it is simply illogical to claim that it is better to do X.

You need to distinguish between what is true and what is convenient from a social POV.

It is true that everything is Good and Love. This truth make zero prescriptive claims. It does not justify anything and it does not tell you what you should or shouldn't do.

Do not frame this situation such that speaking truth is discouraged or impossible. Myself and others are not going to lie about what is true just because someone might jump off a bridge. The idea that reality is a dream/illusion has been spoke of by mystics and sages for thousands of years, and this understanding is commonly available to anyone who reads spiritual literature. Do not act like Actualized.org invented this notion. All of the spiritual masters you revere and love: Ramana Maharishi, Eckhart Tolle, and whoever else -- have told you that reality is an illusion/dream.

This philosophy claims to recognize that torture and rape is Perfection. Not just suicide.

Again, this is absolutely true. This is what serious spirituality claims. But it makes no prescriptive claims.

It is not like Actualized.org is the first to say that reality is Perfection. This has been said by spiritual teachers and mystics across time.

In all of my work I have never acted like relative truths and social issues are unimportant. In fact, I embody the opposite. I speak about Conscious Politics so much because relative social issues are very important. Nobody following my work should get the idea that a healthy society is unimportant or that criminality or doing suffering to others is acceptable.

This is so obvious that to even shoot a video stating so would be seen as needlessly obvious. Do I really need to release a video in which I say: "Being a criminal is not good and you should not harm other people? Do not rape or torture others. Do not jump off a bridge." Would anyone who was serious about criminality, rape, torture, or jumping off a bridge watch such a video and listen to it? You see, this is a game that cannot be won.

Also, much of my work is not about spirituality but personal development, building a good life, being active in life, living a life purpose, and improving your health. I have never discounted the importance of building a good life, even as I talked about awakening and God and so forth. In fact I have warned against using spirituality as an escape from mastering survival. I talk about the importance of building a Stage Blue foundation.

But in the end, if someone decides that they don't want to play the game of survival any more and just want to rest with God, who are we to stop them? From our POV that seems foolish and unnecessary, but if a spiritual seeker wants to end his dream, that is his right and I will not invent some fantasy for why he is morally wrong in doing so. He is not wrong. I would just tell him not to do it because life is a precious gift and ought to be enjoyed, not escaped.

This is another reason why you ought to be careful about how you construct this philosophy. See, if people truly believe what you say, the might blow themselves up together with others for Jihad.

A) Truth, consciousness, and awakening are not philosophies. And it has been stated ad nausea not to take them as beliefs or philosophy. The dangers of ideology have been explained by me perhaps more than any other spiritual teacher. All I do is talk about the dangers of ideology.

B) Great detail is put into the teachings/videos to explain how self-deceptive the ego-mind is, how selfish it is, how many traps in this work there are, and further elaborations.

The fact is that the ego-mind will use whatever stories it wants to justify its selfish actions. If someone wants to blow themselves up for Jihad, they will find a way to justify it in their minds. My work goes into so much length about the ease with which the ego-mind will justify selfish activity and corrupt and co-opt spiritual truths.

In the case of Jihad, I specifically teach about the difference between Lesser Jihad and Greater Jihad.

And then what do you do as a teacher? You say "No no, this is bad PR, this is wrong! When I said everything is Good and Perfect, I actually meant you should behave morally because it's stupid to behave immorally!". Are you sure?

See, because you are contradicting yourself, if someone truly believes what you say with actual conviction, he will laugh at you, as Connor does at Leo when he tries to tell him what he is doing is "bad". Clearly in one moment you say it's bad and in the other you say it's Perfection. You tell him whatever fits your agenda. And he will clearly see this if he truly and fully is convinced that reality is perfection, or that it is a dream, or anything else.

There is no contradiction at all.

It is simply true that everything is Good and Perfect. This is what awakening reveals. But how you behave has consequences and there are relative truths. If you stick your hand in a fire, it will burn.

What Connor did was "bad" only in a relative sense, from a social POV. There is no contradiction here.

It's not that I tell him whatever fits my agenda. It's that his ego-mind says whatever it wants to justify however it wants to behave. And this is have taught a lot: that your own mind will trick you and justify whatever selfishness is wants without limit.

I also teach how there are many POVs and perspectives, absolute and relative, and that absolute and relative should be not be conflated.

See, if reality is a dream, every excuse for why you should not torture someone goes out the window. You can pretend like this is not the case, but it is.

It is simply true that reality is a dream. I will say this and teach this whether you decide to torture someone or not. If you decide to torture someone, those consequence are 100% on you, even though its all a dream. Dreams have consequences.

It is important to give people warnings about misunderstanding the teachings. And will certainly do more of that in the future, as I have in the past. BUT, all spiritual work has inherent risks, especially when done at mass scale, this is unavoidable and such teachings cannot be made fool-proof. I have also said that many times in the past. No matter what is taught about spirituality, there will always come along some fool, mentally ill person, or criminal who takes the teaching and uses to justify whatever selfish action he wants.

When Eckhart Tolle teaches something, "Just be in the now", some fool somewhere will take that to mean, "I can just off a cliff and just be in the now and things should go okay for me". Or when some Christian mystic says, "God forgives all sins and doesn't judge you", some criminal will take that to mean, "Okay, so if I kill my neighbor God will just forgive me and there will be on consequences."

Where does it end? How many disclaimers and warnings must be given? The problem is that an ego-mind who is self-deceived will not be interested in any warnings or disclaimers or even reason. Meanwhile reasonable people will find the disclaimers tedious and so obvious as to be unnecessary. The mind has an infinite capacity for denial and it will do whatever it wants to do. We should take measure to prevent genuine misunderstanding of the teachings by reasonable and well-rounded people, but we cannot foolproof this work against people who are criminal, insane, or simply desire to end their life.

- - - - - - -

I want to make it clear that I take this issue seriously and I am not just here to issue some blanket, self-serving defense. I want to make my teachings safe for all reasonable people, and I want to make clear to people the inherent risks of spiritual work. I have done that in the past in my videos, but I am also interested in being even more clear and explicit about it in the future precisely because the relative social consequences have always mattered to me, and my teachings are meant to reduce suffering and selfishness in the world. It disappoints and frustrates me when spiritual teachings are corrupted or misused, and when spirituality or psychedelics are given a bad name by irresponsible people. But the fact is that corruption and misuse of spiritual teachings is not anything new or unique to Actualized.org. Mankind has been corrupting and abusing spiritual teachings for 2000 year. And that is not going to stop in our lifetimes. But that is not a reason to stop teaching. But I will definitely teach with greater care to preempt misinterpretation as much as possible. It's just not easy to anticipate every possible misinterpretation. It never even crossed my mind that someone would decide to "consciously jump off a bridge". It's hard to even take such an action seriously unless after it occurs.

I have said in the past that my teachings will be corrupted. Because that's what the mind does. And this will not be the last time my teachings are corrupted. The reason I record long videos is to provide sufficient depth and detail to avoid future corruption. But the nature of the beast is such that people will still find ways to corrupt my teachings and the longer the videos, the more excuse they will have to say, "But your videos are too long, so I didn't watch them." I have never been under any illusions that my teachers will be corrupted by some minds. That is how this works. I have videos explaining why this corruption is inevitable.

But again, this is not an excuse. I will adjust my teachings to make them clearer and more foolproof in the future.

- - - - - - -

A final important point:

Let us not overlook that there is the possibility that SoonHei made a sober, conscious, sovereign choice to end his dream. In which case, as much as we might disagree or not like that, that is really not our call. And it is not correct to automatically assume that what he did was wrong or delusional. It could have been delusional, but it also could have been a conscious choice he made which was right for him. There is no way for us to know.

This is not an excuse or a justification for anything. Rather, given his own words, if we are to take his own words seriously and give him the benefit of the doubt, then there is the possibility he made a conscious, sovereign choice to move on into the next dream, or into Infinity, or whatever he imagined. Personally I think it was not a good choice and if he asked me about it I would have told him to not do something so stupid. But who am I to know what is right for him?

So the point is, this situation is more complex than it seems.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

One of the first things I read as a kid, that resonated with me then and still does:

Believe me, every man has his secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftimes we call a man cold when he is only sad.

- Longfellow

I don't know what drove @SoonHei's decision, but will miss his insights, and am sorry for his wife, his children, and his other loved ones.

On this forum, sometimes we get so caught up in philosophy and spirituality, and forget to honor the reason we are here in the first place. It is a soul journey, and ultimately it is nothing about concepts, and all about Love.

@SoonHei

5 hours ago, SoonHei said:

His ideas of "there are no others," and life being a dream that one shouldn't get attached to made sense for the most part. But I must say this whole incident has reiterated to me why one should stick with long-established religions such as Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, whatever.... and listen to well-known "Prophets" and their teachings. There is a reason why they have had billions of followers over thousands of years, without needing the internet to spread their message. And their message still gives people the tools they need to lead a good, moral life.

I have personally come to the conclusion that this whole new age spirituality especially on forums and youtube is extremely dangerous.

I understand your grief and emotional turmoil, and you just wish things had unfolded differently so SoonHei would still be alive. I totally get that.

However, it is important to be factually and historically accurate about "long-established religions". The amount of death, torture, hatred, pedophilia, suicide, etc caused by classical religions is orders of magnitude beyond any new age spirituality. Classical religion is not "safe" in that way, it only seems safe because it is so baked into the social fabric of society. Many people kill themselves every year from holding Christian and Islamic beliefs about homosexuality being a sin. Or from other kinds of guilt. Or they kill others out of religious hatred. Again, this is because any large scale spiritual teaching will be corrupted and misused by self-deceived ego-minds.

The things I teach are tools for leading a good, moral life -- without dogmatic moralization. But a good moral life cannot be guaranteed by following any set of mechanical rules. Genuine goodness and morality requires consciousness, wisdom, intelligence, responsibility, and balance. I teach all of these things more than any religion. Classical religion teaches mechanical rules, which is not sufficient to eliminate suffering, evil, corruption, misunderstanding, or suicide. Misunderstanding within classical religion is very high. All classical religions also have esoteric and mystical cores which teach radical truths about God, Love, Heaven, Death, and Awakening. Because Truth is radical by its nature.

So my point is this: be careful not to conclude that new age spirituality is the root issue here. The root issue is the tricky nature of how the mind works. The mind is extremely self-deceptive by its nature, and then it will use whatever system of ideas/beliefs to behave however it wants. Those ideas/beliefs can be atheist, theist, Christian, Islamic, New Age, Buddhist, nondual, rationalist, nihilist, capitalist, socialist, nationalist, liberal, conservative, or whatever.

I know this logic doesn't take your pain away. But thinking that "the grass is greener on the other side" can add to your pain.

So sorry for your loss, there should be a pinned post in the spirituality part of this forum that describes the dangers of this work and moderators should never play word games when someone seems confident in ending their life, no matter if its a philosophical discussion it should be treated as a mental illness and they should dig deeper to find the emotional cause or recommend them to a help line.

I know this is a rare case but its not like guy was a loser, he had a wife and two kids with a loving family for christ sake they fact they going to have to continue their life knowing their friend/husband/brother killed themselves for "consciousness" fucking sucks. 

Shocked to hear this happened. Utterly shocked.

Wherever his light is going, has gone, and is,

May SoonHei be free from suffering.

May SoonHei be free from ill will.

May SoonHei be filled with loving kindness.

May SoonHei be truly happy.

And to his family and those who loved him,

May SoonHei's loved ones be free from suffering.

May SoonHei's loved ones be free from ill will.

May SoonHei's loved ones be filled with loving kindness.

May SoonHei's loved ones be trully happy.

All we can do as a community is embody these teachings in our actions, in the ways we show up for ourselves, for our loved ones, for each other, and for the world. All we can do is hold space for this tragedy and understand that it is exactly as it is and could only be exactly as it is. SoonHei's decision was his own. And as fucked up as it was from one point of view, there is still the possibility for light from those who have been hurt most deeply. 

May that light shine. 

@SoonHei

I’m very sorry this happened. Is there a way to donate or contribute to help you, the widow, and the children in moving forward?

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

I messaged Leo asking if it is possible to see the editing history

Just to clarify, this forum does not track editing history of posts or PMs. So whatever edits happened are lost.

This is one of the reasons why editing of posts is only allowed for the first 48 hours. No edits after that. In the past some members have abused editing to change the substance of their posts, which is why editing is automatically locked after 48 hours.

I am actually not sure if PM editing is locked at all. I assume it's a 48 hour lock, but maybe even not. Mods and Admins don't have locks like normal accounts.

@Leo Gura Has something like this happened before in the forum?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie