Muhammad Jawad

Soonhei (Member of this community) killed himself to experience Conscious Death. :-(

481 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, kinesin said:

"Leo can't be held responsible for anything his followers/listeners do, it's 100% up to them." is a cop out. 

@kinesin No, it most certainly isn't. 

Leo can only be held responsible for what he says, not for what his followers do.

He is not an authority. He is just some random dude, who, for all you know, could be utterly deluded and insane. It's always oneself who declares someone else to be an authority. 

There is no one to blame here. 

2 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@soos_mite_ah they shouldn't believe any of it blindly,but to experience this by themselves.

Well, that's what Soonhei just did ...

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

If this is true (I have no reason to believe otherwise), it saddens me deeply. I can honestly say that in our interactions, @SoonHei never said anything that I disagreed with. I found him to be sincere, funny, and wise.

To the solipsists and nihilists in our wonderful, crazy family: please pay attention to this. Consciousness is not just nothingness. It is also everything that it creates. Failing to realize this core truth is tragic. You created yourself for a reason. The cosmos is here for a reason. Don't dishonor life by braying about ultimate reality, and disrespecting relative reality as nothing but a meaningless "dream".

@SoonHei was real, and his wife and kids are real. Yes, life is transient. So celebrate it. It is that fragility which makes life beautiful and  worthy of honor.

We will miss you, brother.

???

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Tim R What is 'an authority' in your mind?  Leo certainly presents himself as an authority - he makes declarative statements almost every time he posts.  People post threads regularly asking for Leo's clarifications on certain issues, indicating that they consider his inputs to be authoritative.

To be quite honest, when people suggest that there aren't people in this community who hang on Leo's every word, I feel that I'm being gaslit.  I see it so often, it's plain as day.

If you're not conscious enough to light a candle tonight for @SoonHei - you have no idea what this work is all about.

1 minute ago, ivankiss said:

If you're not conscious enough to light a candle tonight for @SoonHei - you have no idea what this work is all about.

Agreed, let's all light a candle for @SoonHei and give him a moment of complete attention and Love.

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

This is a good lesson on getting too caught up in spiritual lingo, and not grounding techniques and concepts in reality. There really doesn't seem to be anything wrong with @SoonHei's logic around life and death, given the commonly understood concepts around death, infinite imagination, love etc. Can anyone here say with certainty that what he did was WRONG or BAD?

But at the same time, at least for me, there is an intuitive sense that this guy was missing something crucial and behind his spiritual jargon there was a deep misunderstanding or immaturity.

As much as we want to talk about blame and members taking more responsibility here, I think this is a very unique case. @SoonHei seemed to have good mental health and a reasonable mind. I don't see how this could have been prevented, and to blame Leo or Nahm seems very off.

It's inevitable that actualized.org will cause negative influance. Because it's a manifestation of unconsciousness. It's not a manifestation of Love. You can't teach Love by taking about it, you have radiate it.

Godbless everyone ? Godbless @SoonHei?

I think @Leo Gura's teachings should be focused more on integration/embodiment these times and less focused on the mind-side of this work. After all the mind is the whole reason one got caught up in the first place

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

Perhaps the most appropriate thing would be for Leo to put out a video acknowledging the situation and addressing the important overlap between 'everything is illusion/dream' and a healthy acknowledgment that things are simultaneously real and actual.

Just now, kinesin said:

Perhaps the most appropriate thing would be for Leo to put out a video acknowledging the situation and addressing the important overlap between 'everything is illusion/dream' and a healthy acknowledgment that things are simultaneously real and actual.

Things like this shows how important the relative/absolute distinction is.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, kinesin said:

Don't help him, I wanted to see if he would come up with this for himself to see how compassionate, humble he is and how deep his heart lies with his community.

7 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

Theres a belief floating around here that everything is petty and stupid if it isnt infinite love. 

Everything is infinite love, whether it is manifested or unmanifested. Just because the wave of an ocean is born and dies doesn't mean the wave never existed, or is meaningless. The wave is also infinite love. It is an entirely unique creation of the ocean, and is still the ocean.

There will never be another @SoonHei. ? ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

34 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@soos_mite_ah The advanced spiritual teachings are out there if we want it or not. I've read Sri Aurobindo's teachings and also A Course in Miracles, which are really "advanced" imo. So what should we do? Ban the books and YouTube channels about advanced teachings? Certainly not. I don't see any solution to that other then to say to people they shouldn't believe any of it blindly,but to experience this by themselves.

No these things shouldn't be banned but having some more disclaimers and clarifications regarding how teachings can be misconstrued is very important. It's especially important in this circumstance because of how open/accessible YouTube and this forum is. 

33 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Leo can only be held responsible for what he says, not for what his followers do.

He is not an authority. He is just some random dude, who, for all you know, could be utterly deluded and insane. It's always oneself who declares someone else to be an authority. 

There is no one to blame here. 

While I do agree that no one is to blame here, you can't just excuse everyone from responsibility. Not analyzing teachings and the way they are presented as an important factor to consider causes people to take a hyper individualistic route that can easily cause things like this to repeat. Hyper individualism doesn't work to deal with problems like this. 

I can't say that I know much about what happened or what other factors were at play but I do know from my direct experience that you need to be very careful with what you say and how you say it so it doesn't harm others unintentionally when it comes to higher teachings. Sure Leo isn't to blame and shouldn't be shamed but saying he doesn't have some part of responsibility of how his words can impact the actions of others is incorrect. 

28 minutes ago, kinesin said:

To be quite honest, when people suggest that there aren't people in this community who hang on Leo's every word, I feel that I'm being gaslit.  I see it so often, it's plain as day.

I agree, there are a lot of fanboys and people who are lost and looking for answers because they are in a painful place in their lives on here. Things like self development and spirituality can attract a lot of people like that and it's important to be mindful of that fact and act accordingly. 

15 minutes ago, SpiritualAwakening said:

I think @Leo Gura's teachings should be focused more on integration/embodiment these times and less focused on the mind-side of this work. After all the mind is the whole reason one got caught up in the first place

I second this. Most people need integration rather than transcendence. Transcendence maybe the goal for some but the process of integration is vital so that we can sustain ourselves and turn our needs into shadows and have that blow up in our face in nasty ways. 

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

9 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

You can't teach Love by taking about it, you have radiate it.

Godbless everyone ? Godbless @SoonHei?

Yes. "Words dont teach." Do we fault Jesus for all of Christianity? ?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

"Words dont teach." Do we fault Jesus for all of Christianity? ?

Well said!

Hopefully this puts an end to the delusional consciousness platitudes peddled here.

Edited by Megan Alecia
Rest in Peace

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

2 minutes ago, Megan Alecia said:

Hopefully this puts an end to the delusional consciousness platitudes peddled here.

I wish, but you can't force people to see what they aren't yet ready to see.

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Yes. "Words dont teach." Do we fault Jesus for all of Christianity? ?

Haha :D made me think actually, idk. All I know is that if you perform action from Love, it will have good consiquences. And if you perform action from ego it will bear bad consiquences. Actualized.org is unfortunately an expression of ego... sorry, that's just how it is.

?