Understander

Share one of your favorite spiritual pieces of music

24 posts in this topic

To me, a certain kind of music opens you to a mystical experience. For me, it is piano music. As I have been introduced to spirituality and glimpses of the self and reality that I have had, I started to appreciate music even more. Over a year ago I would have a little bit of mystical experience on it. Now, When I listen, I become one with it and enjoy it totally. But my bias is that it has to be made in a certain way and have a certain type.

I would like you to share one of your favorite spiritual pieces of music as I share mine.

Seeking Truth

Tristania - Wasteland's Caress (1998)

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

For me it's most of Jack Chudnow's music that he made for Vsauce.

Posted (edited)

And Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum -- simply because I faced a psychedelic ego-death while that song was playing. Etched a conditioned response in me.

Edited by The0Self

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Posted (edited)

There was always something about songs without lyrics for me that resonated deeply... Feeling beauty. Recognizing yourself.

Yeah, it is just feeling and without any language to understand.

Edited by Loving Radiance

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”

"It can't be that lame, you know?" Terence McKenna

"It can't be that lame, you know?" Terence McKenna

Posted (edited)

Strangely the deeper I go into spirituality the more "escaping with music" is escaping back into egoistic frames of mind. I can coax such an emotional state that I can burst into tears listening to anything these days xD. I'm listening to less mantras / classical music / stereotypically "good music" and more pop; Ariana Grande, Fickle Friends, etc lol xD

Edited by The0Self

@Loving Radiance Great shout, I find 'On The Nature of Daylight' almost unbearably beautiful (it also features in one of my all-time favourite films, 'Arrival', to heart-breaking effect). 

I think I'd have to go for one of Pink Floyd's songs, there's just something about David Gilmour's guitar-playing that speaks to my soul:

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@RickyFitts  Indeed, I got to know it through Arrival. The beginning was just hitting perfect with that song. It is one of my favorite movies.

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”

11 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

@RickyFitts  Indeed, I got to know it through Arrival. The beginning was just hitting perfect with that song. It is one of my favorite movies.

It really did, just a perfect choice of music :x Dang, I want to watch 'Arrival' again now...

Speaking of pieces of music that go perfectly with a scene from a film, I always loved this, from 'Lost In Translation' (which also happens to be one of my all-time favourite movies):

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Posted (edited)

Edited by Nos7algiK

Great song¡¡

I close my eyes at night and i feel the music get inside of me, inside my brain and heart.

Magical Experiencie

NAMASTE.