Thought Art

Leo's New Video: "It's just you imaging me"

48 posts in this topic

In Leo's newest video he seems to try to break the forth wall in some ways.

Saying things like, it's just me, and I created Leo etc... If it is just me, then why are there all these other people on the forum? Is that just my infinite intelligence messing with me? I am alright it is just me. I don't mind being alone in the universe. But, I would like a little more control over what is taking place in my life. I don't need full God awakening, just a little bit more.

I think it is funny that Leo talks to like 30,000 a week. Yet it's just me and him and he doesn't even have his own awareness? That doesn't make sense... I mean anything is possible. But it seems a bit threatening to the sovereignty of my mind if I let a self deception screw up my metaphysics in that way. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art a good analogy to grasp what he is saying is to think of it like a video game with only ONE player.  As this one player you are currently playing the character of @Thought Art.  But there is the potential to play any of the other characters in the game.  In this analogy the game would be Universal Mind.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

52 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

In Leo's newest video he seems to try to break the forth wall in some ways.

Saying things like, it's just me, and I created Leo etc... If it is just me, then why are there all these other people on the forum? Is that just my infinite intelligence messing with me? I am alright it is just me. I don't mind being alone in the universe. But, I would like a little more control over what is taking place in my life. I don't need full God awakening, just a little bit more.

I think it is funny that Leo talks to like 30,000 a week. Yet it's just me and him and he doesn't even have his own awareness? That doesn't make sense... I mean anything is possible. But it seems a bit threatening to the sovereignty of my mind if I let a self deception screw up my metaphysics in that way. 

I think that's a bit of a solipsistic view and I do not follow that. 

You, as an observer, make possible to "collapse the wave function" by observing whatever you do wherever you are. Leo is doing the same "collapsing of the wave function" but in a different location and so do every other being on the planet and out. Reality only exists as we see it for us.

If there is no observer to view a table, it is not a table, but a collection of atoms and molecules with no intrinsic meaning and use. And quantum physics proves that without a conscious observer, at the subatomic level, matter acts as waves and not as particles when not observed. (see the famous double slit experiment)

I don't know what Leo said exactly, but there are many different, separate observers from our human point of view. For example, if  I do not see behind me, is it a soup of potential like quantum physics says? Perhaps it is, but if there is another observer there, it is not, even if I am not observing it. 

Perhaps if we manage to get rid of identifying with that observer we will see what Leo means with "There is only you". When he speaks in those videos however, he must realise he is talking to awareness identified as an observing entity and hence what he says translates in solipsism (such as only I exist, you are figment of my imagination). 

Perhaps only emptiness exists and observers are figments of It's imagination! 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

19 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Thought Art a good analogy to grasp what he is saying is to think of it like a video game with only ONE player.  As this one player you are currently playing the character of @Thought Art.  But there is the potential to play any of the other characters in the game.  In this analogy the game would be the mind of God.

potential to play any of the other characters, or inevitable that you will play any of the other characters?

21 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Thought Art a good analogy to grasp what he is saying is to think of it like a video game with only ONE player.  As this one player you are currently playing the character of @Thought Art.  But there is the potential to play any of the other characters in the game.  In this analogy the game would be Universal Mind.

1 minute ago, CBDinfused said:

potential to play any of the other characters, or inevitable that you will play any of the other characters?

I welcome anyone to take over this bod here! 

But I am pretty sure there can only be one here hehe

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Damn, npcs are so convincing nowadays.

What a formidable work of art, way better than the ai in video games nowadays.

You almost got me !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

47 minutes ago, CBDinfused said:

You could say it's inevitable because of the nature if Infinity which will actualize possibilities onto Infinity.  But I prefer to think of it as potential.  Just like you dream.  Your potential isn't just limited to that one dream.  The next night you can dream a whole different universe with different beings/creatures etc.  Ad infinitum.  So God isn't limited to this game/dream per se.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

37 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The potential to play any character means that there are no actual players. No God. You are potential, you can call the potential "God" but don't mistake God as or you for a thought.

@Thought Art  "You" is a thought "Leo/other" is a thought. You can think Leo or you is good or bad or whatever depending on how you feel, which is why you love yourself but are also hyper critical of yourself. Well, WHICH IS IT? Thought is dead, so what's alive can't ever find security in thought. So when we realize that other people are thoughts, it allows us to really see, love and know them as they are. Feels amazing. 

57 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

But, I would like a little more control over what is taking place in my life. I don't need full God awakening, just a little bit more.

Go into your awareness OF thoughts. You can only feel right now, so paying attention to how a thought feels over the content of the thought is your guidance and leads you back to your source of potentiality. Feeling is alive, and it's more reliable truth than thought, it's happening here and now. Going by a framework of thought and knowing the world by a framework of thought that is always shifting, building and collapsing is exhausting. Who wouldn't want more control if that was going on all the time? Go to direct experience. Pay attention to how you feel. Don't entertain thoughts or beliefs that feel bad. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I don't know. It just seems like a useless video. Sure non-duality this, non-duality that.... "Hey, imagine God mode!" Maybe that would be nice. But, I don't need God mode. I just want to live my dream life.

But, telling people they are all alone in the universe seems to be dangerous and misleading. It's not just me dreaming up Leo in an endless void. If it was... idk 

I mean, it is just me imagining things in an endless void. But, it is not only my awareness and nothing else. It is for me... But, I am just some ordinary ass guy who is just learning to get his shit together in life. If I am all that exists... IDk that would be strange. or it would be normal. Idk 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art take it up a meta level.  It's not you as a small self alone in a universe.  That is all dualistic and being imagined.  It's Total.  You are the Universe itself as in Reality itself.  It's so freaking Total there is no self to be alone or to even say you are the Universe.  You ARE.   

Direct experience is king of course.

Yeah i guess it's easy to get confused and think he's talking about the finite "human" self maybe...

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It seems like a lot of people on here conceptualize the whole Solipsism thing as the little self being alone in the Universe. Nope. Absolute Solipsism is totally one, whole, complete, perfect, and interconnected with all. It is the most beautiful possibility. You're so radically alone, you are literally one with all. The little ego thinking it's alone in the Universe would be horrifying to the little ego. But there is no little ego to be alone. There is only wholeness. 

That is solipsism and a misunderstanding. The human @Thought Art is not the only real person that exists and everyone else are imaginary, no. @Thought Art is imaginary as well. What is pointed to is that there is only 1 existence, there is only one infinite whole. There isn't even 1 existence, because that is a conceptual and dualistic way of putting it. This is the play of God, and in the play of God an apparent separated and limited experience can happen. From that experience is where every teaching or message about this arises, like an alarm clock in the dream. This Is already heaven, the thing that keeps you from recognizing that is you. THIS is it, THIS is infinite and absolute beyond human comprehension, THIS is the kingdom of God. 

Here's another take.

Imagine that there is a giant sea sponge sea cucumber thing. We label this giant sea cucumber, Awareness. Every single pore or hole out of the giant sea cucumber is awareness, but each hole is a lens, it's focused awareness. Those holes only see everything around them, as a hole, they cannot see the hole themselves. The holes take themselves to be a THING, they take themselves to be their most immediate surroundings, not a hole, part of not separate Awareness itself, but an actual thing. 

When you look deep into someone's eyes you look into their pupils, a hole where light enters. Considering this is a little bit creepy, but it's always been the case, it has always been so. 

Basically the insight is that you've taken yourself to be a thought, a body all this time, but you are actually pure Awareness, and the implications of this are wonderful. 

When you interact with people you are always taking a snap shot in time of them, making judgements based on what you think you are and how you compare, etc. You are actually interacting with a dead thought of someone, not the real aliveness of Awareness. The more you start to realize (real eyes) this the better, and better things get, the more fully Love is experienced. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

We're all A holes. ??

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Thought Art take it up a meta level.  It's not you as a small self alone in a universe.  That is all dualistic and being imagined.  It's Total.  You are the Universe itself as in Reality itself.  It's so freaking Total there is no self to be alone or to even say you are the Universe.  You ARE.   

Yeah i guess it's easy to get confused and think he's talking about the finite "human" self maybe...

How do we reconcile "experience is king" with the idea that "there are no separate selves". Experience itself claims there are 7billion different experiences happening simultaneously within this One reality. So any single human experience / Awareness cannot be the One reality- it could well be part of it. So experience is not king?

If you program an ai environment and make it so the robots have a direct experience of what is happening,  their reality will be totally different than the reality seen from your point of view as the creator of that system. And their first hand reality would not be "The One" reality, the entire simulation with all the different points of view within it Is The One reality.

Edited by Dodo

@Inliytened1 with trillions of different experiences (that we know of, when we include animals and insects, and when we include animals who are now extinct or are yet to evolve), can we really say the words Experience is king when we know King is The One, not the many?

If there is only One experience I could agree. 

Might be more right to say Being is King. 

Edited by Dodo

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

He says "there are no other bubbles except you"... so. Not sure how to take it. 

That I left bread crumbs for myself to follow to awaken after my incarnation here on earth.

He says he doesn't have a consciousness or his own bubble or experiences

He says I just imagine other people and I have artificially limited myself to be here and I just imagine all of you. Not sure if you all finish the new video or not, or if you even can lol

meta doesn't mean much I think once we get into going so meta, that I realize that its just me the whole time and that all size, time, lives etc is arbitrary backdrop to explain away my current experience. 

It's all arbitrary at this point. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

This issue has everything to do with identity; what you are identifying with.  

If we are identifying ourselves as our limited bodies and minds, personalities, thoughts, memories, etc etc, then what Leo is saying here cannot make any sense. 

But something that you find out when doing enough meditation/self inquiry is that what you actually are has never been any of those things.  All of these things are merely appearances that are arising in consciousness or the present moment.  What you will inevitably find if you look for yourself long enough is that what you have always been is simply that awareness that has been watching all of that play out.  

You are the present moment itself. You are that nothingness; that pure void that is holding space for all of the phenomenon that arises, with no identity.  Just that pure raw feeling of being:  The I Am. And that is EXACTLY what everyone else is too.  And that raw feeling of being or the present moment that you are feeling right now is not merely similar to the raw feeling of being I’m feeling.  That feeling between us is not really similar, or even almost identical.  That feeling between us is Absolutely 100% percent identical.  The content of what is arising is of course different, but the raw sense of being is absolutely the same. Your Now and my Now are the exact same Now.  That nothingness, that pure void that is looking out from behind your eyes at this very moment is the exact same nothingness that is looking out from behind Leo’s eyes.  Because nothingness is absolutely identical to nothingness! :)

One way you could put it is that since you actually have no identity, that necessarily means that you are all identities. I am you, and you are me.  We are the same being, looking with two different sets of eyes, separated by death.  (Though even the idea of separation by death is also imaginary) And that Being is God. Consciousness. Nothingness. Infinity. The Eternal Now.  

14 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

This issue has everything to do with identity; what you are identifying with.  

If we are identifying ourselves as our limited bodies and minds, personalities, thoughts, memories, etc etc, then what Leo is saying here cannot make any sense. 

But something that you find out when doing enough meditation/self inquiry is that what you actually are has never been any of those things.  All of these things are merely appearances that are arising in consciousness or the present moment.  What you will inevitably find if you look for yourself long enough is that what you have always been is simply that awareness that has been watching all of that play out.  

You are the present moment itself. You are that nothingness; that pure void that is holding space for all of the phenomenon that arises, with no identity.  Just that pure raw feeling of being:  The I Am. And that is EXACTLY what everyone else is too.  And that raw feeling of being or the present moment that you are feeling right now is not merely similar to the raw feeling of being I’m feeling.  That feeling between us is not really similar, or even almost identical.  That feeling between us is Absolutely 100% percent identical.  The content of what is arising is of course different, but the raw sense of being is absolutely the same. Your Now and my Now are the exact same Now.  That nothingness, that pure void that is looking out from behind your eyes at this very moment is the exact same nothingness that is looking out from behind Leo’s eyes.  Because nothingness is absolutely identical to nothingness! :)

One way you could put it is that since you actually have no identity, that necessarily means that you are all identities. I am you, and you are me.  We are the same being, looking with two different sets of eyes, separated by death.  (Though even the idea of separation by death is also imaginary) And that Being is God. Consciousness. Nothingness. Infinity. The Eternal Now.  

I know this stuff...

But, Leo's new video is beyond that.

◭"89"

28 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

He says "there are no other bubbles except you"... so. Not sure how to take it. 

That was said because it is precisely true but not the you that you are thinking of.. and a bubble is just an idea..There is only what is actual in your direct experience. When you look at your hand that is actual.  Or the wall.  That is actual.   But what can happen if you stare at your hand long enough is that the subject / object can collapse.  There never really was a subject (you) staring at an object there was just pure actuality itself or isness.   That is what you are - not a person looking at a hand.  That is all thought or imagination.   It is being imagined that you are a person with a name and a backstory just as it is being imagined that there are others with names and back stories.   if there wasn't a self there wasn't other either.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.