GreenWoods

Solipsism Recontextualized!

33 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Is there a state where you CAN tell the difference?

@Mason Riggle Yes. When you are in solipsism consciousness, you know that they don't have a bubble. And when you are in multiple bubble consciousness, you know thay others do have a bubble.

6 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Consider: what's the difference between an apple that 'really' tastes like an apple, and one that only 'seems' to taste like an apple?  

In terms of raw appearnces, there is no difference. 

But when the mind knows that one apple is fake, then it makes a big difference. The mind creates the difference. But that doesn't change the fact that there is now a big difference.

If the idea of solipsism makes you depressed, read this post!

Thanks for the post, just my 2 cents on this topic.... If the idea of solipsism makes you depressed LET GO of this idea by switching the focus from thinking to something else like a deep breathing. That's it. If you don't know how to do it start meditating daily, google "deep breath meditation".

⭐ if you want some spiritual hints - feel free to DM me the questions: https://www.instagram.com/dima.happy.living/ 

We think that our consciousness is all there is and that there is nothing outside our consciousness (and that is true from the Absolute perspective within that bubble!).

But what if, Consciousness is so powerful that in can imagine one tiny appearance (within the whole field of Consciousness) in such a way, that it seems like it is all there is, that it is the Whole, that there is nothing outside, and even that it is Absolute and Infinity.

7 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

@allislove Thanks for the advice:)

I've actaully surrendered my ego far enough that it doesn't make me depressed anymore. But I think it makes others depressed, therefore the post. 

Thanks for writing the post with the intention to help others ??

⭐ if you want some spiritual hints - feel free to DM me the questions: https://www.instagram.com/dima.happy.living/ 

6 minutes ago, allislove said:

Thanks for the post, just my 2 cents on this topic.... If the idea of solipsism makes you depressed LET GO of this idea by switching the focus from thinking to something else like a deep breathing. That's it. If you don't know how to do it start meditating daily, google "deep breath meditation".

@allislove I guess the intention behind that is to encourage ego surrender?

With enough surrender, your reaction to the problem is changed, and thus depression can be relieved. But the actual problem is still the same.

I guess, why not do both. Surrender your ego till the idea of solipsism doesn't make you depressed any more. And at the same time try to understand what I've written in this post and recontextualize solipsism, 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, allislove said:

Thanks for writing the post with the intention to help others ??

:)

The text you quoted, I think I had misinterpreted you. Your advice was general for whoever reads your post. I thought it was addressed to me lol. 

I was too slow to delete my response haha.

Edited by GreenWoods

3 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

:)

The text you quoted, I think I misinterpreted you. Your advice was general for whoever reads your post. I thought it was addressed to me lol. 

I was too slow to delete it haha.

Always believe the first thought, if it feels good ahaha ;)

36 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

But when the mind knows that one apple is fake, then it makes a big difference. The mind creates the difference. But that doesn't change the fact that there is now a big difference.

There is not now a big difference. Recontextualizing a belief as a knowing and believing ‘a fact’ further deludes rather than relinquishes, releases, or liberates. 

Definition of solipsism

: a theory holding that the self can know nothing but its own modifications and that the self is the only existent thing. See also  : extreme egocentrism.

Nonetheless, if you don’t care for what’s being said here, just recontextualize so it fits. xD

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

45 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

@Mason Riggle Yes. When you are in solipsism consciousness, you know that they don't have a bubble.

In 'solipsism consciousness' (I'm not exactly sure here how 'solipsism consciousness' differs from 'consciousness') do you 'know' that 'others' don't have a bubble, or does it just 'seem' like they don't?  How could you tell the difference? 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

1 hour ago, GreenWoods said:

@BipolarGrowth It can be considered one experience from some POVs, but not from all POVs.

Let's say there are 100 bubbles. All of them happen within one consciousness. But that doesn't necessarily mean that every bubble knows the stuff from all the other bubbles. 

You could be part of these 100 bubbles and know the other bubblee too. Or you could be part of them and not know the other bubbles.

It does look very contradictory. Like if it is one consciousness, then all should be known, otherwise it would have to be several consciousnesses.

But I think it actually is not contradictory. Let's say you are Consciousness, and imagine appearances. You imagine appearnces which make it seem like there are many bubbles. Then you imagine the Trump bubble in such a way that the thoughts, beliefs, 'perceptions' of that bubble are as though there is only this bubble.

So actually, there is only one Consciousness. And you believe that your consciousness is all there is, that it is the Whole Consciousness (and that is true from the Absolute perspective from that bubble !!!), but actually it is only a tiny fragment of the Whole, but it is structured in such a way that it seems like it is the Whole!!!

Again, this is from the bigger perspective, from the Absolute perspective (from that one bubble) all of that is nonsense. But the 'One' who actually has the Whole experience, of all bubbles (God), is conscious how your consciousness is just a fragment, and from that bigger POV, this is Absolute!!!

I'm struggling to make sense of it myself. But I have an intuition that it works somewhat like that. But I haven't fully translated that intuition into conscious understanding. Eventually I might understand it better.

The reason this makes no difference to me is that the consciousness which these multiple bubbles are taking place in still does not know if there is consciousness beyond what it is. The same limit I described in my first response exists no matter how many bubbles you are or are not directly conscious of. It’s all still happening within one overarching consciousness. 

You mistake my Raja Yoga. 

@Nahm for sure.  This is my point. 'Seeming' is no different than 'being'. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."