Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TeenVisionary98

Isolation On Self-actualization Journey

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I wanted to seek out advice to all those on the path of self-actualization on the importance of socializing in our teenage years. I used to be quite a social guy because I felt my self-worth depended on whether or not people liked me and if I had friends. Up until my junior year of high school (I'm a senior now), I was really involved with the party scene, which I feel had become a part of my identity. However, since I've taken Leo's Life Purpose course--I've become more aware that I don't relate to many of my peers anymore. I've learned the importance of surrounding yourself with ambitious and like-minded people, and since I have yet to find anyone as conscious as I am, my social life has ceased to exist.

Yet, I can't help to think I'd be, in general, more happy and motivated if I had people to support me in my Life Purpose outside of my mentors in the books I read. I am aware that the Hero's journey is a lonely one, but to what extent? Napolean Hill talks about the important of a Mastermind group, but how do I go about making or finding one if I don't know anyone who even knows about this stuff? 

Definitely did not mean to put this in the dating and relationships part of this forum...

Believing or assuming that you're more "conscious" is just a way to separate yourself ie it's ego. Whereas if you were really fully conscious you would know that there is no separation.  Having said that, its healthy to be discerning about who to spend time with but not to the point that no one is good enough because they are all below you. You could start or join a Meetup group for likeminded people.

Meetup

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.