joshuahuebner

How to heal migraine holistically?

5 posts in this topic

so funny, doctors tell me there is nothing I can do to heal my migraine but medications and pain killers.

Did anyone of you successfully cure his migraine through food or other natural stuff? I'm open to everything

Any book recommendations for healing with a holistic approach? Doesn't have to be specific to migraine

17 hours ago, joshuahuebner said:

so funny, doctors tell me there is nothing I can do to heal my migraine but medications and pain killers.

not in their world, no. They haven't unfortunately be trained for holistic thinking and it usually ends with a diagnosis and prescription. Not their fault, just huge systemic defects in medical education. There are many many potential causes of migraines. 

Is there any more information you would be able to share with us? With migraines it is always necessary to rule out all possible obvious and less obvious causes: 

more obvious: dehydration, stimulant use, caffeine intolerance, chronic stress, high salt/protein/fat intake, high consumption of animal foods, deficiencies indiet, sleep deprivation, posture problems, excessive screen time, insufficient contacts/glasses or a need for optic support, excess of sugar, fizzy drinks, added fructose, sweeteners, chemicals in food

less obvious: food intolerances and/or sensitivities, medication you are on, toxins in the environment (e.g. certain cosmetics), struggling liver, blood sugar problems, histamines or salicylates in food 

even less obvious: microbiome disturbance, increased gut permeability, mold problems, neurological problems that migrains are just  side effect of

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

not in their world, no. They haven't unfortunately be trained for holistic thinking and it usually ends with a diagnosis and prescription. Not their fault, just huge systemic defects in medical education. There are many many potential causes of migraines. 

Is there any more information you would be able to share with us? With migraines it is always impossible to rule out all possible obvious and less obvious causes: 

more obvious: dehydration, stimulant use, caffeine intolerance, chronic stress, high salt/protein/fat intake, high consumption of animal foods, deficiencies indiet, sleep deprivation, posture problems, excessive screen time, insufficient contacts/glasses or a need for optic support, excess of sugar, fizzy drinks, added fructose, sweeteners, chemicals in food

less obvious: food intolerances and/or sensitivities, medication you are on, toxins in the environment (e.g. certain cosmetics), struggling liver, blood sugar problems, histamines or salicylates in food 

even less obvious: microbiome disturbance, increased gut permeability, mold problems, neurological problems that migrains are just  side effect of

What Michael says, to summarize a big chunk of the causes he mentions: many of it is related to what is called "leaky gut syndrome".

Another factor can be electrohypersensitivity AKA EHS.

For me reduction of histamine, carb and glutamate intake and increase in zinc, omega 3 and magnesium did the job. But what helps can be different for anybody.

Things one might want to look into are an elimination diet as well as reading about methylation disorders.

Often overlooked causes of spiritual regression are exposure to free glutamate and EMF's. For me personally the REID program has helped me a lot, but everyone walks their own path and what has a profound impact for one person might be negligible for another.

@Michael569

Thank you, this list definitely helps. A bunch of stuff you mentioned applies to me. Stress, Animals Products, gut problems. Actually, these 3 things are connected. I will try to fix my gut problems and see if that helps with the migraine.

@joshuahuebner good lucki! I got 2 part blog series where I explored the connection between gut and brain (including migraines) you may find some helpful tips in these https://www.andro-health.com/blog

Let us know how you get on :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus