mindcentral

Psychedelic with least amount of body load?

7 posts in this topic

What psychedelic is the easiest on the body? Especially in terms of not causing tension (or even relaxing).

I think this will be highly dependent per person.

For me some of the 4-AcO and 4-HO research chems tend to have very little body load.

DMT feels very clean too.

5-MeO-DMT can have a pretty high load, but it tends to pass quickly for me into the trip.

LSD is not so good.

Mushrooms for me a very low, but this is alcohol extract. If you eat the flesh you can get some high body load on shrooms. Some people get a lot of body load.

2C-B is one of the worst for me.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Does anybody know what causes body load on a biochemical/physiological level?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I think Leo's right that it really varies by the person. I think it also varies a lot by the specific circumstances of the trip. It's very interconnected with what you've been eating lately, what you've been doing leading up to the trip, how your sleep has been, how you choose to react to various body energies, what you're doing when they come up, so on and so on... it's complex.

For me personally, LSD and AL-LAD tend to have the least bodyload. I'd put DPT on the other end of the spectrum as having heavy bodyload, and I think this is a common reaction to it. The 2C-X series can have some bodyload, but I find it easy to work with. The tryptamines tend to have an edgier bodyload for me, more tension. 

Bodyload can be a powerful thing to work with - body energies that can be productive to address, pointing to something that you can work on, with a pot of gold at the end. For example, you might become hyper-aware of some tension or pain in your shoulders, and realize that it's something chronic, and the psychedelic is putting it under the magnifying lens. Then you are able to experiment with movement or postural changes that improve the issue. You can bring that back to earth and change it permanently. 

Another example is that you might start trembling, and then realize that it's related to some uneasiness you're feeling. You can investigate where this is coming from and address the causes of uneasiness. It might be something that's been semi- or sub- consciously  been bothering you but it's never been elevated up enough to deal with it.

Sometimes it is just a banal physical side-effect, but bodyload can also be a blessing so it's always worth taking a look at where it's coming from.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

My personal recommendation to start out with would be: 

4-ho & 4-aco-met/ almost no bodyload but strong visuals an extremely pleasant psychedelic to start. Also lets u keep a clearer headspace.

Here are some other ones that I think could also be really beneficial for you:

MDMA - 100mg territory is very pleasant for me to enjoy and relax. ( lower doses of mdma are more tolerable than higher ones )

DMT ( smoked ) - 5-20 mg range with Dmt, gives beautiful visuals and it doesn’t have a heavy body load and it only lasts about 5-10 min. ( i recommend for longer and more profound DMT experiences to supplement with b. Caapi or another safe MAOI ) 

4-ho & 4-aco mipt - high bodyload almost no visuals. My favorite 4-sub chemical but more energetic than relaxing.

It's difficult to assess whether the psychedelic causes tension or just make you notice how tense you are. Feeling tension doesn't necessarily mean the psychedelic is the source of it.

Like Leo LSD also makes me feel more tension in my body but LSD seems to puts more of my focus on feeling and seeing in general while 4-AcO-DMT puts more of my focus on paradoxes, thinking and "intellectual phenomena". I would bet that the tension I felt on LSD was just how tense I was at the moment as none of it was experienced after awakening on it. At least that all sounds similar to the 4-AcO-DMT headaches I used to have, which turned out to be caused by thought and not by the substance itself.

I had 5-MeO-DMT trips which made my heart go very fast but then I would say it's most likely me being scared than the psychedelic doing that. After all psychedelics affect neuro transmitters. I don't even believe the idea of the "gut tripping" which make you more prone to vomitting. I think vomitting on psychedelic is also based on stress and fear and not the substance itself.

3 hours ago, Mel B said:

4-ho & 4-aco mipt - high bodyload almost no visuals. My favorite 4-sub chemical but more energetic than relaxing.

Oh man, I would like to taste it again. Shrooms ain't it. Buuut... I disagree. It had a lot of visuals, maybe because I had been dosing high, because it didn't have a lot of bodyload, haha.

So it seems, it really depends on the person.

AL-LAD has in my experience zero bodyload, I can even eat on it with little to no nausea.

Vaped DMT is gentler than vaped DPT.

LSD is okay bodyload wise, but I haven't dosed more than 150 mcg.