Raze

Frank Yang's video response to Leo's video - about stage Turquoise

259 posts in this topic

EDIT:

Frank made a video about it

Edited by Raze

Leo Gura, Frank Yang and Teal Swan are my holy trinity 

I edited the topic because Frank made a video about it

Frank misunderstands Leo... it's really quite incredible.

It's Love.

I think Frank misunderstands Leo. When he says I've been there in God-consciousness/realization state persistently over a year and a half and then went beyond to completely lose any center - this is not a state Leo talks about

I also went through the stages to completely lose the center, like that bubble of self gets bigger and bigger until it dissolves completely but those are all still unalerted states of consciousness "sober" states. They don't feel nearly as solipsistic as 5-MeO trips, not even close.

It's important to make this distinction because Leo talks about more ecstatic states which are clearly "alerted" states of consciousness. There's a pretty clear sort of feeling to them like when you snort 5-MeO and start to feel the effects, it's pretty clear you've ingested the substance and it's alerted state now. There's no such feeling to natty states Frank talks about, but as a tradeoff you miss a shitton of ecstasy and deep "understanding" Leo would call it

At the same time, Frank has this obsession with "it" having to be a natural state which is unalerted. I personally don't see why a constant state of 5-MeO (even if alerted and chemically, artificially induced) wouldn't be "it"

I agree with Frank about cessation showing clearly consciousnesses impermanence. And the problem is that Leo should IMO become much better meditator to have a more complete understanding and Frank should do more powerful psychedelics now, after his center/self-loss

Frank misses much much deeper levels of solipsistic God discovery and Leo misses dependent origination, cessation expieriences

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Frank Yang is obsessed with "Natural State" as well as cessations.

He speaks of cessation as his GOD or natural state.

Cessation shows that conciousness is impermanent he clearly states, then how come conciousness always comes back etc? 

Does it not clearly show that it brings you instantly back into conciousness?

Since there is no experience of unconciousness, there is only experience knowable?

Just notice that frank too is falling into the trap of labeling experiences or non experience experiences too with the mind.

And he has called him self the Ronnie Coleman of conciousness as well which is a funny statement ?

Things like this just clearly shows that it is still within the individuated Mind to interpret the experiences according to their school of thought. 

But frank yang clearly has a hard on for Leo imo.

My thoughts on Frank is that he is great but somehow it does not feel that he is 100% true about what he speaks about and I do feel that the claim he has been making about certain topics is questionable and untrustworthy.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

1 hour ago, Enlightenment said:

I agree with Frank about cessation showing clearly consciousnesses impermanence.

@Enlightenment If there weren't consciousness, 'you' wouldn't be able to 'experience'/'know' cessation.

4 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

If there weren't consciousness, 'you' wouldn't be able to 'experience'/'know' cessation.

Yes, and that is exactly what happens. You can only know that you had cessation afterwards when consciousness boots up again

-- Kenneth Folk

Frank is enlightened.

The difficulty is that the sense of self attempts to grasp, understand, embody and know what Frank is pointing to. In other words it tries to turn what's being pointed to, into a belief system.

Enlightenment or Ajata is the transcendence or dropping of concepts, ideologies or belief's, because it transcends even the idea of there ever being an individual that could have had a belief system to hold onto.

It literally transcends the entire dream story of a societally conditioned individual that may one day break out of the matrix and become liberated...

Awakening is the recognition that the baby is not what he or she thinks it is.

Enlightenment throws out the baby with the bathwater, obliterates the bathtub and burns the house down.

Enlightenment is Illusions worst enemy. But that's just a story because enlightenment and illusion never actually occurred... it just seemed too ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

Yes, and that is exactly what happens. You can only know that you had cessation afterwards when consciousness boots up again

@Enlightenment What do you mean with "cessation"?

Do you mean one of these 3?

• The Void 'experience'. No body sensations, no thoughts, and no memories (amnesia). Only Nothingness remains. Nothingness=Being=Consciousness. It still exists, it is still being, it is still 'experienced'. I've seen it being mentioned in trip reports, by meditators and sleep yogis.

• I think Consciousness is always there, but with varying levels of 'ego consciousness'. If it seems like you are unconscious while experiencing it, but later you remember it, there was still very little 'ego consciousness' present. But not enough for the ego mind to recognize being conscious. It is also said that there is a difference between deep sleep and being 'unconscious' from narcotics. After deep sleep it feels like time has passed. The above mentioned perspective, would indicate that ego consciousness is present during deep sleep, more than during 'unconsciousness' from narcotics.

• Beyond that, I think that there are states of consciousness where there is 0% ego. The way I see it is, when you are in God Consciousness, there is still very small ego. When the ego is 100% gone, that 'experience' can not be known or experienced 'by the ego', so from the ego's pov it is full true unconsciousness. But from the UltimateSelf=God=Consciousnes, it is not unconsciousness. So let's say you take a psychedelic, then 100% ego is gone, you are fully  conscious as God, then the ego returns and it seems like it was complete unconsciousness. No memory of it exists. No indication whatsoever that it ever happened. Unconsciousness from the egos pov, but Consciousness from God's pov.

Is one of these 3 things what you and Frank are refering to?

Edited by GreenWoods

@GreenWoods It's quite simple. Imagine you sit during deep meditation very alert and aware, eyes open. You see a moving car outside a window, and then cessation occurs, there is no experience whatsoever during this time, and then at some point, let's say 2 seconds later consciousness appears again and so the car was teleported from your POV. Like you would edit out frames from the movie. It's like being fully alert, then instantly falling into a deep sleep or even better deep anesthesia, and then reappearing again fully conscious without the drowsiness/fogginess like right after you wake up in the morning.

Timestamped:

-- Kenneth Folk

41 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

@GreenWoods It's quite simple. Imagine you sit during deep meditation very alert and aware, eyes open. You see a moving car outside a window, and then cessation occurs, there is no experience whatsoever during this time, and then at some point, let's say 2 seconds later consciousness appears again and so the car was teleported from your POV. Like you would edit out frames from the movie. It's like being fully alert, then instantly falling into a deep sleep or even better deep anesthesia, and then reappearing again fully conscious without the drowsiness/fogginess like right after you wake up in the morning.

Timestamped:

@Enlightenment The way I see it, this car experience means that:

• either there was no consciousness. And these 2 seconds never happened. Like time travelling 2 seconds into the future. And you have no memory or idea of what might have happened during these 2 seconds 
  • or, you do remember something of these 2 seconds. And in that case, a very small amount of ego consciousness was still present. Enough to register stuff happening, but not enough to register it as a conscious experience. 
  • (or the 3rd point of my previous post. unconsciousness from the ego's pov. But Consciousness from Consciousness'/God's pov)

(from the relative perspective. From the absolute, past is imagination anyway).

What you, Frank, and the guy in the video are basically saying is that Ultimate Nothingness is not identical to God, Consciousness and Being. That this Ultimate Nothingness is prior to God=Consciousness=Being. That these are impermanent phenomena arising out of the permanent ground which is Ultimate Nothingness.

This contradicts my awakenings. It probably contradicts the awakenings of most people on here, I guess.

Edited by GreenWoods

This is the most valuable video I've seen in 7 years, clear, concrete, concise, no blabla of 2-3 hours.

7 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

And he has called him self the Ronnie Coleman of conciousness as well which is a funny statement ?

This is in reference to someone else, not himself :)

It's Love.

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Enlightenment throws out the baby with the bathwater, obliterates the bathtub and burns the house down.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

Plot twist: cessation itself is something you're imagining right now. It never happened.

You guys don't appreciate how fucked up this gets. Everything you think happened to you, never happened. Every single one of your prior awakenings is imaginary and designed to keep you from realizing you are God right now.

You are constructing a Buddhist dream when you tell yourself, "I went to a Buddhist retreat last year. I meditated for 10 days, and I had a cessation. I realized the Buddha's highest teaching." << THAT is the Buddhist dream! You are not God-realized.

Deny it all you want. That's exactly what you do to maintain your dream.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Plot twist: cessation itself is something you're imagining right now. It never happened.

You guys don't appreciate how fucked up this gets. Everything you think happened to you, never happened. Every single one of your prior awakening is imaginary and designed to keep you from realizing you are God right now.

You are constructing a Buddhist dream when you tell yourself, "I went to a Buddhist retreat last year. I meditated for 10 days, and I had a cessation. I realized the Buddha's highest teaching." << THAT is the Buddhist dream! You are not God-realized.

Deny it all you want. That's exactly what you do to maintain your dream.

Conversely, wouldnt it also make sense to say that all my dreams were real? Each dream, thought and imagination is something that "manifested" within god.

When you say my past never happened, it just doesn't ring well with me, but I will agree with you in that I did imagine my past and that's real enough for me.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You guys don't appreciate how fucked up this gets. Everything you think happened to you, never happened.

That is an interesting perspective! Unique. The most close and similar to that I have seen, is from a channeling of Kali when she started talking about that everything is a dream and that the now is all there is, something like that.

Edited by Seraphim

8 minutes ago, Mafortu said:

Conversely, wouldnt it also make sense to say that all my dreams were real?

No

If it's not present, it is imaginary.

But also, if it is present, it's also imaginary! :D

You can't escape this.

Each dream, thought and imagination is something that "manifested" within god.

You imagine so, thereby creating that particular dream.

When you say my past never happened, it just doesn't ring well with me...

Of course. Because you got a reality to construct.

Don't let me get in your way ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.