Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CBDinfused

Confused about Leo's teachings on death

79 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, CBDinfused said:

How the hell does Leo know what happens when we die? 

He doesn't, nor does he claim to.  

His claim is that there is no 'when we die'.  He can safely make this claim, because from any perspective, death has never been directly experienced.  'Death' is the end of 'experience', so can never be 'experienced'. 

The question 'what happens when we die', starts to become like asking, "What flavor does 'not tasting anything' taste like?"  

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

No one dies. It's in your imagination. I have become directly conscious of this. Belief not required. Death never happens, in the exact same way that the future never happens.

1 hour ago, CBDinfused said:

Care to elaborate a little? People die around us all the time, it is hard not to imagine the same will not happen to us. 

If you're awake the idea of death is seen as false. Sure, the body in this form may come to at end, but what you truly are can't ever die because you're reality itself, how could that ever die?

18 minutes ago, The0Self said:

No one dies. 

Right the imaginary or illusory self dissolves as you become directly conscious that it was a fiction or that it was never actual.  And what is left is pure Actuality.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Either this thread is full of people who are so spiritually advanced that they genuinely don't believe death exists anymore, or it's full of people who are simply so caught up in regurgitating spiritual teachings that they've become entirely disconnected from subjective reality.

How do you feel and react when your closest loved one dies?  How do you feel and react when your best friend tells you that their young daughter was just diagnosed with incurable cancer?  What do you say when an old man tells you that he misses the way his dog used to wake him up in the morning?  Do you think that the 'correct' spiritual path results in you being a person who coldly tells them that their pain is only in their head?

Objective and subjective truths exist simultaneously.  If you abided in subjectivity your entire life and now simply swapped it wholesale for objectivity, fair enough you've gained some insight into another aspect of existence, but until you regain subjectivity you still only have half of the picture.

8 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

If you're awake the idea of death is seen as false. Sure, the body in this form may come to at end, but what you truly are can't ever die because you're reality itself, how could that ever die?

Prove it xD

What do you say when an old man tells you that he misses the way his dog used to wake him up in the morning?  Do you think that the 'correct' spiritual path results in you being a person who coldly tells them that their pain is only in their head?

Nobody said you should be a cold asshole, that just wasn't the point of the thread anyway.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 minutes ago, kinesin said:

Either this thread is full of people who are so spiritually advanced that they genuinely don't believe death exists anymore, or it's full of people who are simply so caught up in regurgitating spiritual teachings that they've become entirely disconnected from subjective reality.

How do you feel and react when your closest loved one dies?  How do you feel and react when your best friend tells you that their young daughter was just diagnosed with incurable cancer?  

When death is imagined to exist it exists because imagination literally is reality.  So of course we will be sad because we are imagining its real and so it becomes - but awakened folks can also shift their awareness to a meta level in which they are conscious that this is a dream.   They are aware of their own attachments to the dream.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

15 minutes ago, kinesin said:

How do you feel and react when your closest loved one dies?  How do you feel and react when your best friend tells you that their young daughter was just diagnosed with incurable cancer?  What do you say when an old man tells you that he misses the way his dog used to wake him up in the morning?  Do you think that the 'correct' spiritual path results in you being a person who coldly tells them that their pain is only in their head?

Objective and subjective truths exist simultaneously.  If you abided in subjectivity your entire life and now simply swapped it wholesale for objectivity, fair enough you've gained some insight into another aspect of existence, but until you regain subjectivity you still only have half of the picture.

Relatively, we can be sad when loved ones die. Ultimately, it's no-thing. However, the absolute is the relative. No one really dies, in the same way that the future never happens.

If someone dies and knows they're dead, no one is dead. If someone dies and doesn't know they're dead, no one is dead. No one dies. Period.

Not to mention, there's no one to die -- but this is not worth talking about.

Edited by The0Self

Death appears real insofar as you adamantly believe that you are human.

What happens when you realize, "Oh. I'm not human!"

After all - make no mistake - You are not human.

:)

It's Love.

@Inliytened1 I've accessed that same meta level many times, I abide in it often.  I also abide in subjectivity often.  Form is an illusion, cessation of form is an illusion.  Form is also reality.  Cessation of form is also reality, and an inherently unsatisfactory one - when we experience it in the subjective experience, we mourn the loss of form regardless of what we recognise about its objective nature.

Why pretend that once we realise the objective truth, that we've forgotten or lost touch with the subjective one?  What are we trying to prove, and to who?  We are human beings - regular people with an interest in spirituality who are posting on a forum.  When a friend tells a joke, you laugh despite the communication being no-thing.  You hug them when you say goodbye, despite the relationship being no-thing.  Why pretend that death is any different, and that whenever the subject comes up we have to race one another to assert our belief that it simply doesn't exist, lest we get caught up in believing it does for even a moment?

I'm specifically addressing an apparent unwillingness within many comments in this thread to acknowledge that objectivity and subjectivity are on equal footing.  To say that death doesn't exist without also acknowledging the fact that it also does, is simply incomplete.

@RendHeaven

"Before I developed insight, I saw mountains as mountains, and waters as waters. When I arrived at a more intimate knowledge, I came to the point where I saw that mountains are not mountains, and waters are not waters. But now that I have got its very substance I am at rest. For it's just that I see mountains once again as mountains, and waters once again as waters."

Edited by kinesin
context

@kinesin Once you reach a certain level of consciousness, these things you described won't happen any more. you will be too conscious to even eat. At that point the physical body dies, but you don't die because You are God and Eternal. It will be like changing your socks.

@kinesin I get where you are coming from.  It's a bit like convincing characters in a dream that they are characters in a dream.  Who exactly would you be convincing in that scenario, yourself? 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

2 hours ago, CBDinfused said:

I have died many times in my dreams, but I was myself in my dreams, and I was myself when I woke up.

?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

45 minutes ago, kinesin said:

@Inliytened1 

Why pretend that once we realise the objective truth, that we've forgotten or lost touch with the subjective one?  

Agreed.  One must be careful not to  miss out on the beauty of creation itself and fully experiencing that creation.  They would be in a sense, only denying the creative part of themselves.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

No one can properly explain any of this to you, as it can only be concepts and beliefs to you. The only way to ever answer these questions for yourself, is through direct experience. The only way to do that is through Waking up/Awakening. So how much do you want answers to these questions? How much dedication do you have to learning the truth of your existence? 

4 hours ago, CBDinfused said:

How is any of this stuff even verifiable?

Inspecting direct experience. Not assuming, debating, agreeing, disagreeing, blaming, trusting, etc.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

False

No one has ever died. You only imagined it.

No one else exists either. It's just you imagining stuff.

Even a two year old notices others exist. 

No one has ever died. No one exist. I am god.

Is this something that really needs to be said? Why are you saying this?

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

Inspecting direct experience. Not assuming, debating, agreeing, disagreeing, blaming, trusting, etc.

We could close every thread like this with that comment tbh xD 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Tom visited the transition realities between this life and the next. He explains nicely how consciousness reincarnates.

Edited by Bufo Alvarius

9 minutes ago, Bufo Alvarius said:

Tom visited the transition realities between this life and the next. He explains nicely how consciousness reincarnates.

I'm about as nondual-realized as one can imagine, and yet, I am aware of the reality of reincarnation -- it seems there really is a psychic reality in which reincarnation occurs. So yeah, nobody dies. End of story.