F A B

First experience with acid. Is it normal what happened?

8 posts in this topic

Briefly:

On 11.05.21 I tried acid (1P-LSD) for the first time. I tried a microdose of 11 mcg by dividing the tab into 3x3 matrix (so I got 1/9 of a full tab of 100 mcg).

In the beginning, I was very fearful/anxious but then I calmed down through some stretching. After 1 hour I started to feel something and between 1 hour and a half and 2 hours I had the peak. It was really nice. I felt so aware, conscious, powerful and in the moment like never before especially while listening to music. It was just amazing. I couldn’t wait for the next day to try it again with a higher dose.

On 12.05.21 I tried 33 mcg (completely ignoring tolerance ?). I had a bad trip. Maybe I can’t call it a bad trip because of the relatively small dosage, but sticking to how people define “bad trip” then I can say it definitely was.

When I was alone I felt quite well, but when it comes to interacting with people I became extremely nervous (especially with my parents) of course because I was enormously worried they may find out. Due to the small dose, I thought I could handle it in front of others, but with the wisdom of hindsight, I think I completely got it wrong and neglected to build a proper “set”. Big mistake!

I felt tremendously fearful and anxious. I felt a lot of tension in the neck, so much tension I could barely move it. I also felt very frightening tremors. I felt like my head and hands were shaking like crazy (but it was subjective because in the mirror I realized I didn't shake that much). I felt I couldn’t control myself. Fear of going mad/insane. Fear of having some kind of epileptic attack even if I don’t suffer from it fortunately (but who knows?). Fear of never going back to normal. Fear of remaining “disable” forever because of the substance.

Today I feel good but I also feel a bit nervous by describing/recalling those moments.

Edited by F A B

Yep, this is totally normal and precisely the reason why set and setting is so important, but you already know that.  Expect for a general sense of uneasiness and possibly some mild 'flashbacks' to remain for a while, but they'll go away over time.  Congrats on making it through the worst of it, though.

33ug is not enough to have a bad trip on your own but DEFINITELY enough to have a very uncomfortable moment if you socialize with certain people at certain setting on it.

First of all, 33µg is not microdosing anymore. Microdosing stops at around 15µg. For 1P-LSD it might even be a bit lower than that, I only have experience with 1CP-LSD, which is slightly more potent than normal LSD-25. 

33µg is one third of a trip, and some people can experience very potent effects on only half a "full dose", that is 50µg. Seems like you totally underestimated what you were doing. 

Research on psychedelics is very, very important. 

I recently learned that most "acid" that is sold nowadays is actually the research chemical LSA. Sort of feels similar to acid, but it's different. What tips me off that you had LSA and not LSD is the tension in your neck. LSA can do that. Real LSD is difficult to come by. 

"You Create Magic" 

@Flowerfaeiry  The tension in the neck can also be caused by good old fashioned anxiety.  I've had it many times.  Infact all of the negative symptoms OP described are things I've experienced while 100% sober, so I have to disagree with the @Javfly33's suggestion that it's impossible to have a 'bad trip' below a certain dose threshold.  Sure below a certain dosage the bad experience may lose its overtly psychedelic edge, but this doesn't mean a negative experience can't happen.

3 minutes ago, kinesin said:

@Flowerfaeiry  The tension in the neck can also be caused by good old fashioned anxiety.  I've had it many times.  Infact all of the negative symptoms OP described are things I've experienced while 100% sober, so I have to disagree with the @Javfly33's suggestion that it's impossible to have a 'bad trip' below a certain dose threshold.  Sure below a certain dosage the bad experience may lose its overtly psychedelic edge, but this doesn't mean a negative experience can't happen.

Yes of course you can definitely have a bad drug experience on 33ug. But the consensus of bad trip is much much worse than just a weird bad experience

3 hours ago, kinesin said:

Yep, this is totally normal and precisely the reason why set and setting is so important, but you already know that.  Expect for a general sense of uneasiness and possibly some mild 'flashbacks' to remain for a while, but they'll go away over time.  Congrats on making it through the worst of it, though.

Thank you, very reassuring :)

2 hours ago, kinesin said:

The tension in the neck can also be caused by good old fashioned anxiety.  I've had it many times.  Infact all of the negative symptoms OP described are things I've experienced while 100% sober

Yeah, I've already experienced sometimes neck tension and mild shakes during some intense state of fear and anger. I guess it's how my body reacts to those stressful feelings and LSD has simply amplified it all.

3 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

33ug is not enough to have a bad trip on your own but DEFINITELY enough to have a very uncomfortable moment if you socialize with certain people at certain setting on it.

I see ?

3 hours ago, Tim R said:

First of all, 33µg is not microdosing anymore. Microdosing stops at around 15µg. For 1P-LSD it might even be a bit lower than that, I only have experience with 1CP-LSD, which is slightly more potent than normal LSD-25. 

33µg is one third of a trip, and some people can experience very potent effects on only half a "full dose", that is 50µg. Seems like you totally underestimated what you were doing. 

You are right, I treated it like a microdose whereas it wasn't really. This led me to ignore the setting. Next time I'll make sure no one can interrupt me.

3 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I recently learned that most "acid" that is sold nowadays is actually the research chemical LSA. Sort of feels similar to acid, but it's different. What tips me off that you had LSA and not LSD is the tension in your neck. LSA can do that. Real LSD is difficult to come by. 

Thank you for sharing, I didn't know that. But I don't think so, anyway, because I got it from a quite popular online Duch store.