spiritualryan

there is no way self inquiry is THIS EASY

56 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, spiritualryan said:

@The0Self  what dose of LSD would you recommend? i have a lot of acid and i really want to experience realizing god. i'm thinking 400-500 mcg? it's 1p-lsd btw.

for a first time ? That seems like a lot, I would start with 100mcg and remember that the onset is 1h long so if you think nothing is happening don't take more 

edit nvm I don't know about 1-p lsd

Edited by Tetcher

4 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

for a first time ? That seems like a lot, I would start with 100mcg and remember that the onset is 1h long so if you think nothing is happening don't take more 

edit nvm I don't know about 1-p lsd

^^ Yeah 110ug LSD-25 is perfect for me (I've done up to 1000ug in the past) but 1P isn't nearly as powerful. Same visuals and general feel, yes, but God-realization; oneness; ego-death is much less likely with 1P. For whatever reason...

3 hours ago, billiesimon said:

What's your opinion on Ramana and Shankara stating that knowledge and self inquiry are the direct path to oneness?

You really need to stop citing 1 in a 100 million genetic spiritual freaks as your baseline for how spirituality works.

What works for Ramana will not work for the typical person.

I have yet to meet a person who is deeply awake from self-inquiry. Perhaps a few masters who were already exceptionally spiritually gifted to begin with. The trick is not in your technique, its in your baseline state of consciousness. When your state of consciousness is correct, the technique is barely needed and takes little effort. When your state of consciousness is off, you can self-inquire for 40 years and get nowhere.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You really need to stop citing 1 in a 100 million genetic spiritual freaks as your baseline for how spirituality works.

I have yet to meet a person who is deeply awake from self-inquiry. Perhaps a few masters who were already exceptionally spiritually gifted to begin with. The trick is not in your technique, its in your baseline state of consciousness. When your state of consciousness is correct, the technique is barely needed and takes little effort. When your state of consciousness is off, you can self-inquire for 40 years and get nowhere.

Would perfect pitch be a good analogy deeply awakening with self inquiry? Perfect pitch is a very rare ability in which a person can identify notes by hearing them and can re-create them without reference tones. It may be possible to learn for some people, yet would take an immense amount of time and effort. 

Marcus Veltri has perfect pitch. He can hear any song and then re-create the notes perfectly on his piano. Most normies could spend years trying to learn this using any trick in the book and still not be able to do it. 

I feel like people aren’t considering the fact that you also have to WANT enlightenment. Like for real. Ramana felt like he was going to die and basically learned to surrender and was super focused because he HAD to be. He was freaking out and had no way to maintain “control” from the ego’s perspective. 

Tolle also was massively depressed when he surrendered. A lot of these people we envy and wish we could copy had horrible life situations that we would never want to go through. They hit rock bottom. The were basically brought to their knees and naked before their creator. I think it’s worth asking oneself if they are willing to go through that.

And if not, then I think that’s your answer. 

just some thoughts. 

@Benapplegate i completely agree. 

Maybe you underestimate how unbearable a situation must be for someone to awaken with self inquiry. 

You refuse to accept that this is possible for normal people and i refuse to accept that being a genetic freak is the only possible explanation. No it's not. It's about surrendering. 

You might half pursue enlightenment for 10 years or 20 and never get it. If your ass is on fire there is no half wanting anything. It's life or death and you are choosing life by letting go. 

You fellas need to stop thinking and babbling that Ramana Maharishi only taught self-inquiry and therefore inadvertently shunned meditation practices. In fact how the hell are you going to self-inquire if you can't even concentrate? All your efforts self-inquiring will be wasted unless you have concentration power.

https://indiandownunder.com.au/2011/11/how-to-meditate-ramana/

4 hours ago, Forestluv said:

Would perfect pitch be a good analogy deeply awakening with self inquiry?

Yup

I mean... the most spiritual people don't even do meditation or self-inquiry. They simply have spontaneous awakenings out of the blue.

I have met people who were born awake.

I know people who have higher states of consciousness as children then you do on DMT.

I know people who can see aliens and goblins and ghosts walking around the planet the same why you see birds flying around outside.

You will never, ever reach their states of consciousness no matter how long you meditate. They are like a different species. They look human on the outside but they are not human on the inside. These are extreme outliers. There are people with perfect photographic memory or people who can tell you 6 digit prime numbers off the top of their heads. There is no technique to achieve that.

10 minutes ago, TK2021 said:

You fellas need to stop thinking and babbling that Ramana Maharishi only taught self-inquiry and therefore inadvertently shunned meditation practices. In fact how the hell are you going to self-inquire if you can't even concentrate? All your efforts self-inquiring will be wasted unless you have concentration power.

https://indiandownunder.com.au/2011/11/how-to-meditate-ramana/

Ramana came out of the womb meditating -- effectively.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When I started Self-inquiry, it had almost no effect on me.

Over the next 2 years I raised my baseline through many transmissions, kriya yoga, shamanic breathing, working with spirits, devotion, trance work, sleep deprivation,....

Now, Self-inquiry is crazy effective. But if I hadn't raised my baseline through these other practices, I still wouldn't get anywhere with it.

Edited by GreenWoods

Before awakening there was a 100% willingness to die or go crazy to find the truth. There was an insane level of motivation because it seemed like it was right under my nose. I wasn't going to stop until it was found.

It was actually a few words from Adyashanti that stopped me dead in my tracks. His words made me recognize that my method was flawed.

It was something along the lines of: Enlightenment is not something you can find, it's a falling away of that which is unreal.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Before awakening there was a 100% willingness to die or go crazy to find the truth. There was an insane level of motivation because it seemed like it was right under my nose. I wasn't going to stop until it was found.

It was actually a few words from Adyashanti that stopped me dead in my tracks. His words made me recognize that my method was flawed.

It was something along the lines of: Enlightenment is not something you can find, it's a falling away of that which is unreal.

Nailed it.

The question for people really is are they perusing this because they see the futility of the world of form or because someone on YouTube told them they should? Tell me your motivation and I can probably predict your results. 

18 hours ago, spiritualryan said:

there is no way it's this easy... all it is, is to keep attention on the "i" thought and see what it refers to, yes? no way that's it... to realize i am god and to lose all my fears and unhappiness... it can't be that easy. i genuinely don't believe it. i love you ramana.

The I-thought is not so easy to keep attention on because it's hidden under a million other thoughts. When you truly feel the I-thought, it's very enjoyable, you'll feel a lot of love towards it. If your feelings do not respond positively to it, it's not the I-thought.

Ego is NOT a thought. It is a state of consciousness.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

True. And it manifests on the mental level as what they call an I-thought.

I practiced self-inquiry pretty heavily for about 3-4 months, at the end of which I had my first experience of a different state of consciousness. I identified with perceptions like the sounds I was hearing, mainly water running as I was in a public bathroom practicing self-inquiry. 

Yes, I had my first mystical experience in a public bathroom cubicle while a dude was shitting in the one next to me. It's a long story.

It was nothing ground breaking, but it was the first "Oh shit there's something worth further investigation here" experience.

Weirdly, after that I had a really difficult time doing self-inquiry, I couldn't focus on the questions and my mind just wandered. Perhaps the ego was thinking "great, we got what we wanted, no need to look any further hee hee :)"

Anyway, I've now been doing Kriya for 6 months instead to quiet the mind, and I'm planning on experimenting with more psychedelics as soon as that's practical for me, then I'm going to start up self-inquiry again. It did do something for me.

Edited by something_else

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

?? what level is ego consciousness, what level is high consciousness and low consciousness? Can you make a scheme? ???

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

20 hours ago, spiritualryan said:

all it is, is to keep attention on the "i" thought and see what it refers to, yes?

"The correct answer to the question ‘Who am I?’ It’s the extinction of the experiencer."

https://www.davidgodman.org/who-am-i-sri-ramana-maharshis-teachings-on-how-to-realise-the-self/ This is probably the most comprensive explanation of self-inquiry you can find online. I highly suggest you to read it.  

What I see most people get wrong about self-inquiry is the belief that they need to get an answer to the question. The question is just a tool you can use to destroy your ego. Asking yourself ‘Who am I?’ is  like using a sword to cut out all the branches of your ego identifications. Since the ego is just an idea, it has to attach itself to exterior objects to have the feeling of existing as a separate entity from reality. Asking yourself ‘Who am I?’ helps you to sever all your ego identifications by realizing that everything you think you are is just an object. 

The more you sever your ego identifications, the more your state of consciousness changes and the more chances you have to have an enlightenment into your true nature. Previous enlightenment experiences help a lot. Lately, I was practicing self-inquiry before going to sleep and I had to stop: my ego would wake me up in the middle of the night in order not to die. When I woke up I was in a light trippy state. What I am seeing in my own path is that the more you break through "the other side", the easier it gets to get there.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

True, but one sided. If you're not spiritually gifted, then technique matters way more than it is for spiritually gifted people. So it's important to have a teacher who knows all the subtleties of a technique and can point out any mistakes one is making. Self inquiry is not as simple as asking "who am I?".

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I feel that my ego is not a thought but body tension (in my spin and back of my head) and if I could surrender to this tension the ego identification will stop.

Edited by RedLine

2 hours ago, RedLine said:

I feel that my ego is not a thought but body tension (in my spin and back of my head) and if I could surrender to this tension the ego identification will stop.

Sometimes Insurance can pay for massages and an occasional muscle relaxer might help. Kind of also sounds like a posture issue. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi