Cauliflower

What's your motivation to become a better person?

18 posts in this topic

I graduated from college last year and started my first job. Everything is different. I have less and less time for myself. I know that I need to keep learning, excercising and reading to make myself a better person. However, when I feel overwhelmed by my work and need to stay up late to finish my daily job. I find it so difficult to do my own stuff.

Guys, how do you keep motivated when there are so many things going on? I know many people need to take care of their baby, go to work and do a lot of things at some time but still keep motivated and never give up. What is your motivation? Any advice would be so much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing is that I know I will regret my decisions in the future if I don't do whatever I want to do.

Get to where you can affort to work normal hours 80% of the time and if you work more, then get either compensation or go earlier the next day. Then you don't need that much motivation any more.

Make lil Projects with a strict deadline and look if you get it done. If yes, cool. If no, then ask what can be made better. What to sacrifice and so on - and then do it. Embrace the suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Cauliflower 

I recommend you to stop working each 50 minutes, and rest for 5 or 10 minutes. It will hep you to be relaxed, and get enough strengh for the next hour of your work.

Another thing i could recommend you is to take some hours in the nature at wekends to free your mind, and get clear your thoughs, do excersices, and take some breath excercises in your work. 

Do the Sungazing Practice too. here my experience, and go to the link there to practice the especific technique.

I Hope you to help you.

NAMASTE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2021 at 5:43 AM, Cauliflower said:

I graduated from college last year and started my first job. Everything is different. I have less and less time for myself. I know that I need to keep learning, excercising and reading to make myself a better person. However, when I feel overwhelmed by my work and need to stay up late to finish my daily job. I find it so difficult to do my own stuff.

Guys, how do you keep motivated when there are so many things going on? I know many people need to take care of their baby, go to work and do a lot of things at some time but still keep motivated and never give up. What is your motivation? Any advice would be so much appreciated.

Hello, what is your job about ?

For me motivation comes from having a plan for your life. For instance you know you stay at this job for x years to gather skill before moving on to a better job where you'll be paid more for less hours. Also having a spiritual life is of utmost importance, if you know you need to save money so you can later take time in an ashram or psychedelics it's a good motivator. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

FEAR of failure. Failure is not an option. :D

 

 

Edited by Nomad13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this topic might get more attention under the Self-Actualization category, so I will transfer it over there.


it’s all a fucking act, there is no Zyzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can relate to you 100%. I think you can stay best on the self-improvement path if you just train to do your daily work with even more consciousness and love. To do that on a daily basis, even if your boss is already happy, means some deep self-improvement.

I think the most powerful self-improvement looks pretty boring from the outside. Meditating when waiting in line. Consciously creating loving thoughts for others. Restricting yourself from "easy dopamine" activies and products. Nobody will encourage you to do that. This is your life long "Do It Yourself" project. Thats also how extrinsic motivations transforms into intrinsic motivation, which is naturally way more powerful and durable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's my motivation to become a better person?

Commutative influence combined with intuition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purpose.

I must become a 'better person' in order to complete my mission. I have no other option.

Another way to put it; Being aligned with my purpose is making me a better person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On a practical note, it sucks to suck, and I want to enjoy my life. I want to be able to help human beings and have a positive impact on life here. 

 

Below I’ve written what my answer is if we are not considering practicality. 
 

If I don’t assimilate the consciousness and power of all Existence into my conscious control, my avatar can’t have the highest stats. I don’t want to lose my first inter-dimensional PvP match to some machine elf, alien, or obscure deity. I’d like to create the first serious competitor to the Dao in order to break up this unhealthy monopoly in the marketplace of Existence. 

 

I’d like to be worshipped as the God of Madness, or simply Madness itself, in all possible timelines and realities. My favored weapon in battle would be picked before each fight by a random number generator. Option #42 would be a perfect replica of Mao’s genitalia made of fool’s gold called “Ze DONG” for example. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

I’ve had ~500 transformative spiritual experiences in the past 10 months. Here’s where I’m at now.
https://youtu.be/Xr2chjakYMU

“Bring your Authentic Light into the world so that others may feel confident enough to do the same.” -Māhā Ānanda aka Brandon Rohe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pain and love.


"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2021 at 8:48 PM, supremeyingyang said:

One thing is that I know I will regret my decisions in the future if I don't do whatever I want to do.

Get to where you can affort to work normal hours 80% of the time and if you work more, then get either compensation or go earlier the next day. Then you don't need that much motivation any more.

Make lil Projects with a strict deadline and look if you get it done. If yes, cool. If no, then ask what can be made better. What to sacrifice and so on - and then do it. Embrace the suck.

Thanks so much for the advice. Like you said, I think I will regret if I don' t so whatever I want to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2021 at 9:59 AM, Gen Sue Rodriguez said:

Hi @Cauliflower 

I recommend you to stop working each 50 minutes, and rest for 5 or 10 minutes. It will hep you to be relaxed, and get enough strengh for the next hour of your work.

Another thing i could recommend you is to take some hours in the nature at wekends to free your mind, and get clear your thoughs, do excersices, and take some breath excercises in your work. 

Do the Sungazing Practice too. here my experience, and go to the link there to practice the especific technique.

I Hope you to help you.

NAMASTE

 

Hello, thanks for sharing. I will have a careful look at your experience and start trying Sungxzing Practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2021 at 11:55 PM, shiva sempai said:

Hello, what is your job about ?

For me motivation comes from having a plan for your life. For instance you know you stay at this job for x years to gather skill before moving on to a better job where you'll be paid more for less hours. Also having a spiritual life is of utmost importance, if you know you need to save money so you can later take time in an ashram or psychedelics it's a good motivator. 

Hi, my job is about digital marketing- pretty new for me but I am learning it.
I love your idea of having a plan for the life. One of the bigeest problems I have is that I do not actually have a plan for my future. I am not that into the current job but do not clearly know what to do NEXT or what I am passionate about. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2021 at 3:00 AM, Vynce said:

I can relate to you 100%. I think you can stay best on the self-improvement path if you just train to do your daily work with even more consciousness and love. To do that on a daily basis, even if your boss is already happy, means some deep self-improvement.

I think the most powerful self-improvement looks pretty boring from the outside. Meditating when waiting in line. Consciously creating loving thoughts for others. Restricting yourself from "easy dopamine" activies and products. Nobody will encourage you to do that. This is your life long "Do It Yourself" project. Thats also how extrinsic motivations transforms into intrinsic motivation, which is naturally way more powerful and durable.

Thanks for the great words. They are enlightening. :x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Cauliflower Independence, real happiness and real growth are my motivations to become a better person. 

It's important to remind yourself of the macro level of where you're heading. Be authentic with yourself and keep your faith in the process, in universe and in yourself big cause I think in hard times what saves you is your faith. Good luck ?

Edited by Alissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now