HERO_

I stoped talking to my family

5 posts in this topic

I stoped talking to my siblings since 2019 and I'm avoiding my parents as much as passible , simply because they're very narcissist dysfunctional and toxic I took this decision because I wanted to keep myself away from this shit and be able to work on myself and fix the damage from their abuse , and also build my life .. but my mom puts so much pressure on me to come to family gathering and stuff. when I refuse she cries and tries to make me feel guilty for not giving them some of my time .. every time I spend time with them I feel so bad,drained.. also they're very unhealthy and I don't want to get impacted by their bad habits because it took me a lot of effort to change .. my family thinks I will get back to who I was my mom always repeating I want us to be like before .. and that she's missing that , she wants me to come tomorrow  to a family gathering but I don't want to go,  what should I do ? I don't mind being around my family but not right now because I feel I'm still weak and I need to protect myself and work on myself more.. I need advice 

Don’t go. Take your space, listen to your intuition and feeling. 

Look toward breaking that judgement cycle in the longer term too, if I might. I know it isn’t easy, but that’s what we gotta do. Can’t wait on someone else, cause someone else waitin on you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Have you ever confronted you siblings/parents on how they make you feel when your around them?

I could totally relate to you. For about a year or more I've made sure to stay as far as I can from my parents because I was scared that their unconscious behaviors will impact me and pull me down after all the work I've been putting in, for the exact purpose of growing myself from their ignorant abuse.
I have to be kind though and all that since I depend on them. I live in their house, they provide food, money,...
Now I'm at the stage where I can  go to family gatherings without feeling threatened for my survival (although I'd prefer not to since it still pulls me down a bit).

I think that many people on this journey deal with the same issue of dealing with their unconscious family and difficulty in friendships/relationships because of the consciousness gap