LfcCharlie4

Wim Hof Method 1+ Year Update (& 5 Other Easy 'Biohacks')

8 posts in this topic

I made a post early last year about the WHM and how great it was. 

So, as an update here's the key takeaways- 

• Cold Showers / Cold Therapy is amazing and I'll likely do forms of it forever, its even better when combined with Heat Therapy (Sauna) etc 
  • The breathing method is best used in conjunction with the cold, there's a reason they are taught together by Wim 
  • Best benefits of WHM that effect daily life- Deep relaxation, increased energy, improved breathing (duh), Improved mood. 
  • Science behind it- The studies have shown improved Immune function, this is from a survey regarding WHM- https://www.wimhofmethod.com/benefits & has a list of all the benefits reported, pretty much its amazing lmao 

I mean I could go on but basically, I highly recommend Practicing it, Cold Shower & The breathing method are the BEST way I've found to start my day, but of course these things are subjective and it may not work as well for everyone, but I don't see many reasons not to try it. 

Also, these are the 5 other best biohacks I've found in the last year that have been awesome (not technically spirituality related like WHM but still) 

1. Air Purifier- Most recent, but greatest impact. Was waking up with stuffy nose often & due to living with smokers, this has been a lifesaver. 
  2. Saunas- Imo, Saunas allow you to meditate & relax on a wayyyyy deeper level, they are also amazing for your health, Dr Rhonda Patrick covers this well. 
  3. Grounding- Since I live in the UK this is mainly done on Grounding mats & bedsheets, recommend the 'Earthing' documentary for a rundown on this, such a simple addition. 
  4. Purified Water- One most people know about but found this water bottle which made it so convenient & now will never drink tap water no matter where I go- https://www.livelarq.com/ (Also, I started using fluoride free toothpaste but I know that's controversial haha) 
  5. Not a Biohack but thanks to @Michael569 I allowed myself relaxation time & to enjoy downtime instead of always focusing on growth & business etc, paradoxically it has helped me grow my business even faster. I just mean things like enjoying movies, drinking with friends, games, sports, just having fun with Gf / friends etc and essentially enjoying life! 
  6.  Sleep Cycle / Supplements- Fix your sleep & you won't regret it, I'd also add morning Nootropics

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Great tips buddy, thanks for sharing! 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

thanks for the hacks and post

doing same thing for 2 years and will never change, rise 4am yoga cold shower breakfast 120-mins meditation ... by 7 am supercharged to start my day

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

do forms of it forever, its even better when combined with Heat Therapy (Sauna) etc 

• The breathing method is best used in conjunction with the cold, there's a reason they are taught together by Wim 
  •  

You mean do the breathwork under the cold water? If I remeber correclty Wim Hof said it is danger and he doesn´t recommend it.

Thanks for the value post.

Do you perform the breathing method first and then the cold shower? Or the other way around?

Do you time your daily cold showers? If so for how long? 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

What a coincidence.

Did a Wim Hof breathing exercise + Cold bath + meditation today.

It is popular in other groups. Did hear that "Hoffer" was a name for someone that practiced it :D.