Vision

Building Muscle = Ego?

93 posts in this topic

I’ll never stop going to the gym, I absolutely love how good it makes you feel and look. 

yes, I do it for health and because working out is fun & helps me maintain healthy eating & healthy habits such as discipline, routine and just healthy blue / orange habits. 

But, there’s defo an element of “Ego” in terms of comparing my body to last year, 2 years ago & wanting to look as good as possible, but it can also be seen as an “art” of testing your body well & sculpting it.

There is also a way to do it sustainably- no drugs / Sarms etc, only using healthy supplements, maingaining instead of constant bulk / cut cycles which really isn’t great for you, using proper form, adding in cardio, other forms of exercise 

Its just like most sports & to be honest most things in life, they can be done from an egotistical / unconscious perspective or they can be made more & more conscious etc 

But, at the end of the day, life is all about having fun & enjoying yourself, so if you enjoy the process of working out & getting jacked, and aren’t causing harm, then do it! It also brings a myriad of physical / mental health benefits I haven’t even mentioned here

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

38 minutes ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura Hey Leo, how is your carnivore diet going? Is it still helpful? Or did you move on to other things after your last update on your vlog?

I find your health update vlogs very helpful for figuring out new ideas for my autoimmune disorders. 

It is still helpful but it has not solved my problem.

I don't have anything new to update yet. I am in the middle of troubleshooting various things.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura When you get back into Training, who are you going to follow for training & nutrition advice out of interest? 

I like Greg Doucette & people like him as they openly admit they use Steroids My biggest pet peeves is the young “fake nattys” as they are targeting 14-25 year olds and giving them a lot of false hope, which is very dangerous imo. Gymshark really Need to sort this out. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Technically, it's ego.

But that doesn't make it bad.

What's the alternative? Having a bad body? Why would you choose to look bad? To feel more spiritual?

5 hours ago, Vision said:

@Nahm

What do you do to feel good in terms of exercising? 

Elliptical, Bowflex, speed bag & heavy bag mostly. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Michal__ haha, exactly. 

I think a lot of the time it can be a spiritual ego / bypass issue. 

Like we all know working out & eating clean is good for our physical & mental well-being, so by simply saying it’s “not spiritual” is an easy way to get out of disciplining yourself and letting yourself off the hook. 

Could it also be a sign of a Blue / Orange shadow since to me it seems like a sign of healthy aspects of these stages if you have a good body & take care of yourself etc 

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

When you get back into Training, who are you going to follow for training & nutrition advice out of interest?

I don't need to follow anyone.

This ain't rocket science and I am not a baby duck.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Michal__ said:

What's the alternative? Having a bad body? Why would you choose to look bad? To feel more spiritual?

I think it's a matter of perception what the OP was trying to say but I agree with this point, probably hard to practice spirituality with a perpetual brain fog and lack of energy 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

14 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

but it can also be seen as an “art” of testing your body well & sculpting it.

@LfcCharlie4

This is what I was thinking. 

But also, looking "good" has survival advantages.

Most people will tend to take you more seriously, whether they're conscious of it or not. There's no faster way to seem like you are well disciplined, are driven, know what you're doing, etc, than having a well-trained body. 

It also makes you attractive to the opposite sex, making it easier to fulfil your carnal desires.

All ego, yes. Survival is harsh. But it's still within our biology.