Flowerfaeiry

Psychedelics don't solve your problems

19 posts in this topic

Just in the past couple days I've seen a few posts on here that give me the impression people think that a psychedelic awakening will alleviate their suffering. I think this is a naive way of looking at the topic. Psychedelics are a tool. They can help you in creating a better life, but you still have to do the work. Don't think in the back of your mind, "I just need to have another grand mushroom trip like last time and then everything will make sense again". By all means, take those mushrooms or smoke that DMT, but don't use it as a way of escaping your painful existence. 

Often, psychedelics will bring up a lot the things you need to work on to the surface which could create even more hardship in your life. You might think that's what you want, but do you really?

If you're wise you can use this to your advantage but too many people don't have the proper maturity to do that and end up floundering in outer space, never actualizing the lessons learned. Stop romanticizing them! 

"You Create Magic" 

But what if it's recognized there isn't a you in which could have a problem. ❤

That could be quite beneficial for No One ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 minute ago, VeganAwake said:

But what if it's recognized there isn't a you in which could have a problem. ❤

That could be quite beneficial for No One ?

That recognition still requires integration :) 

"You Create Magic" 

Yes, without integration, there won't be any growth. 

I agree with the integration part.

Obviously these are tools, and should be used as such. However, I do believe that when you awaken deep and frequently enough they do have the capacity to alleviate suffering. When you are more conscious, you are less attached. 

Whether you have the maturity to ground yourself after awakening is another story.

So yeah stop looking at them as a high or escape from your current reality and more as a tool to understanding of the Universe. I have had nothing but positive experiences personally, but I also do not have any mental illness and use them for understanding only. Not to escape.

6 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

That recognition still requires integration :) 

This recognition is the end of the illusory individual and its illusory requirements.

Its freedom for no one ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

There’s no one to integrate or take psychedelics. The conversation never actually defines anything. (Any conversation). If there is, that could be said to be ‘the problem’. No self, no problem. 

Psychedelics:

” tenor.gif “

Holding onto a problem, the solution becomes the problem. Upon looking, the hand was always empty, sans the imagined hot coal. The solution is always the next thing, until the next thing is letting go of the belief that there is a problem. Often, not a ‘fun’ thing to do, the more identified via ‘the problem’ one is. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

At the start of an Ayahuasca ceremony I attended, each person stated their intention. Why did they travel to the mountains of Peru for an Ayahuasca retreat? What is their intention for this ceremony?

I'd say 90% of the people told a personal problem answer: they don't know whether they should get a divorce, they want their depression to go away, they want to get beyond their anxiety disorder, they want to heal from past trauma, they don't know which career path to choose, they want to overcome a drug addiction. There isn't anything wrong with this, yet nearly everyone had a personal problem they wanted to work through. Very few people had an intention transcendent to a personal problem. When it came to me, I said "I want to be open to whatever arises during the ceremony". I got a few strange looks as if to say "You traveled to the mountains of Peru for that? Rly?"

Same thing with awakening/enlightenment experiences.
Stop seeking a magic pill, there isn't.

That's the whole point of being alive, that there isn't a magic pill.

Otherwise you wouldn't chose to be a human with an ego in the first place.
Infinite problems to solve and lessons to integrate right there lol

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Agreed! It's definitely a nuanced relationship. 

and each person needs to know themselves and their own limits. 

They certainly won't really solve any problems. However, they can seem to make it apparent that there was no problem that could be solved. Usually not, though...

3 hours ago, Forestluv said:

At the start of an Ayahuasca ceremony I attended, each person stated their intention. Why did they travel to the mountains of Peru for an Ayahuasca retreat? What is their intention for this ceremony?

I'd say 90% of the people told a personal problem answer: they don't know whether they should get a divorce, they want their depression to go away, they want to get beyond their anxiety disorder, they want to heal from past trauma, they don't know which career path to choose, they want to overcome a drug addiction. There isn't anything wrong with this, yet nearly everyone had a personal problem they wanted to work through. Very few people had an intention transcendent to a personal problem. When it came to me, I said "I want to be open to whatever arises during the ceremony". I got a few strange looks as if to say "You traveled to the mountains of Peru for that? Rly?"

Yep most people's apparent problems become a part of their identity.... who would I be without all these problems?

Then oftentimes the attempted solution ends up being to gather up with other problematic people to not feel so left out.

They were probably like, who is this outsider without a lot of problems. ?

As long as there is a self, there will be "problems". This is why we construct the self to begin with. The self's job is to label some aspect of experience as a problem, so it could be solved to serve the persistence of the self.

Psychedelics can rather quickly "expose" this self-agenda dynamic, and 'bring to light' Consciousness regarding the nature of self and mind. Once self and mind nature is fully "known" or "recognized" by Consciousness, it is possible with contemplation or integration to transcend self and mind, or formulate a new, healthier self, which is more aligned with what is true regarding it's nature.

16 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Just in the past couple days I've seen a few posts on here that give me the impression people think that a psychedelic awakening will alleviate their suffering. I think this is a naive way of looking at the topic. Psychedelics are a tool. They can help you in creating a better life, but you still have to do the work. Don't think in the back of your mind, "I just need to have another grand mushroom trip like last time and then everything will make sense again". By all means, take those mushrooms or smoke that DMT, but don't use it as a way of escaping your painful existence. 

Often, psychedelics will bring up a lot the things you need to work on to the surface which could create even more hardship in your life. You might think that's what you want, but do you really?

If you're wise you can use this to your advantage but too many people don't have the proper maturity to do that and end up floundering in outer space, never actualizing the lessons learned. Stop romanticizing them! 

More posts like this please. Swaha.

True. They are a complicated problem. Just simply stop wanting any one tool to fix all your problems. You are here. Life is complicated. Keep going. 

There are no quick fixes. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

7 hours ago, Shin said:

Stop seeking a magic pill, there isn't.

That's exactly what my psychologist said to me 10 years ago. 

I didn't listen to her and now I'm here.

Why is life so hard on me?

19 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Amen! I struggled with this. I think this community latches on to psychedelics way too much. I was basically dogmatic with psychedelics and continued to take them even though it was kind of ruining my normal life, so be careful. Especially if you have trauma and or mental ilnesss, it will speed up your sanctification process much quicker and it may not be pretty. It landed me unstable and in and out of mental hospitals, although I have bipolar and a history of mental illness. 

Psychedelics have been the best therapy for me overall, but I was almost addicted to that feeling of relief from my ego too much. 

Praying to Jesus has really helped ground me and I now have no desire for psychedelics anymore, because im high on the Holy Spirit and what not. I witness mini miracles and positivity everyday now. 

Jesus is a "dead" guru that can really help in my experience. 

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

3 hours ago, SolarWarden said:

That's exactly what my psychologist said to me 10 years ago. 

I didn't listen to her and now I'm here.

Why is life so hard on me?

You didn't listen, it's not life it's you ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them