Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Afonso

Advice For The High School Student's Journey

5 posts in this topic

Last year I watched one of Leo's basic self-actualization episodes and was deeply moved by the idea of improving myself. I've since then taken a lot of action in my life, read a lot of self-help books and studied so much on this topic.

This year I was faced with more Leo's videos, subscribed to his channel and now I'm on this journey of self-actualization. It just blows my mind the progress I have done so far and what I have accomplished in life. Since I'm in high school I have A LOT of free time and self-development seems worthy of my time.

Last week I watched Leo's first Enlightenment video and was deeply moved by it. I don't know why, or how or what, but it just sparked something inside of me. I was so energetic to know more about it. I spent a couple of days doing the self-inquiry work and meditating for 20~40 minutes a day.

Being a very open-minded person, intellectually intelligent, what advice do some more experienced people have for a 17 year old high school-er?

Try to ramp up the meditations, but not for the force of it, but for the love of it. Maybe that has to come naturally though but going within is the way. 

On 11/1/2016 at 7:35 PM, Afonso said:

Last year I watched one of Leo's basic self-actualization episodes and was deeply moved by the idea of improving myself. I've since then taken a lot of action in my life, read a lot of self-help books and studied so much on this topic.

This year I was faced with more Leo's videos, subscribed to his channel and now I'm on this journey of self-actualization. It just blows my mind the progress I have done so far and what I have accomplished in life. Since I'm in high school I have A LOT of free time and self-development seems worthy of my time.

Last week I watched Leo's first Enlightenment video and was deeply moved by it. I don't know why, or how or what, but it just sparked something inside of me. I was so energetic to know more about it. I spent a couple of days doing the self-inquiry work and meditating for 20~40 minutes a day.

Being a very open-minded person, intellectually intelligent, what advice do some more experienced people have for a 17 year old high school-er?

Realise how lucky you are first for waking up so young. I'm 17 too and have been introduced to self development work for over a year not but just recently have I been fully committed. What I advise is that you become clear on what you want your life path to be like (almost every teenager gets this part wrong and fuck up there life thanks to this) and also to be mindful of your environment.

A big distraction at our age is the unconscious friends and families around us who influence us a lot at this age. Don't worry about not being "normal" or "cool" and just distance yourself from what dosent serve you. Also to listen to your internal guidance system (intuition) and not others. I have finished school now so I've been though it all and I've learnt that's good advice although all this is coming from an extremely rebellious student so I may not have a good opinion in this ;)

Edited by Live Life Liam