Question

Leaving Society

16 posts in this topic

I made up my mind, I'm leaving everything behind. I am going to drive far up north and then hike deep into the woods. I'm gonna be free in every way imaginable. I'm finally gonna be able to wake up in the morning in a tent and just breath in into fresh air, go by the lake and drink fresh water and enjoy nature while most of humanity chooses on a daily basis to be stuck in " civilization " and wonder why they are unhappy.

I'm gonna become the wealthiest man alive overnight, and the happiest.

Screenshot 2021-05-11 202306.png

Posted (edited)

cause you live in the forest? you do realize you're still gonna have to upkeep your survival right?

Edited by Lyubov

Ha! I knew a guy from another forum several years ago that not only talked about doing this, but actually did it....it lasted a week.

It appears humans from the future witnessed your journey and came back in time to make a movie out of it. 

Good luck on your journey. 

You mistake my Raja Yoga. 

Posted (edited)

Be careful, living alone in nature is hard work and survival is not easy. Do shorter test runs, so you know exactly what you’re getting yourself into. 
While you’re doing them, contemplate whether or not your plan is reactionary, running away from reality, or if you are going from a pure intent to embrace some aspect of reality. 
Anyway, a lifelong commitment might not be necessary to get what you want.

Edited by Bob Seeker

Make sure you are completely prepared and competent for the task. Living in nature even with access to certain tools makes modern life look like a fucking joke.

Also make sure you're doing this because you really want to and will love the experience. Don't let resentment and bitterness towards civilization be the only thing driving you to such a decision.

"Never held a high regard for Darwin, selection takes too long.
A little kick in the pool shouldn't do us wrong.
Devouring the very last invention man would ever need.
But exponential growth is a frightening thing, indeed.
"

1 hour ago, Question said:

I made up my mind, I'm leaving everything behind. I am going to drive far up north and then hike deep into the woods. I'm gonna be free in every way imaginable. I'm finally gonna be able to wake up in the morning in a tent and just breath in into fresh air, go by the lake and drink fresh water and enjoy nature while most of humanity chooses on a daily basis to be stuck in " civilization " and wonder why they are unhappy.

I'm gonna become the wealthiest man alive overnight, and the happiest.

Screenshot 2021-05-11 202306.png

Beautiful, have fun.

Congratulations on your decision to take this experience

12 hours ago, Question said:

I'm gonna be free in every way imaginable.

Haha, nope. If you were, you wouldn't do it;)

But have fun brother and take care^_^

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Question said:

I am going to ... . I'm gonna be  ...  I'm finally gonna be able to ... I'm gonna become ... 

This kind of reminds me of the religion I was brought up in where heaven was always in the future, the scriptures made me lots of promises about good things later on if I followed the rules. Actually that's what civilisation promises us too, come to think of it ... then I started listening to people like Alan Watts who told me that true happiness is in being fully myself right now, wherever I am, rather than seeking it in a far-off place, or after I get that job promotion, that new relationship, do that new spiritual practice or whatever. 

But yeah, good luck bro and be prepared. May you find the happiness which you already are

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

22 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Good luck on your journey. 

I watched this movie today..."the end"...yikes! ?

23 hours ago, Question said:

I'm finally gonna be able to wake up in the morning in a tent and just breath in into fresh air, go by the lake and drink fresh water

I'd boil that lake water if I were you. 

5 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I'd boil that lake water if I were you. 

Well he might have meant go to the lake, AND drink fresh water haha. 

@Question Good for you. But let's see if you have what it takes. Are you conscious you are going to surrender all of your attachments to material reality?

What does your family think about this?

A thought can´t ever tell you how you feel.

it's not going to work friend, you're going to take society with you, yelling at you all the time. but it's ok to try

Posted (edited)

If one is realistic about this and has the knowledge in terms of equipment, it can turn out to be fantastic.

I have some ideas like this myself. If you have water filters, solar panels and a power bank, have some knowledge in fishing and making traps, it quite doable in theory.

I've done some 4-3day wilderness retreats, 7day retreat. It was really good, one of the best memories I have are these. Escaping society entirely is some other level shit tho

Anyway, enjoy and learn from it! Good luck ?

Edited by karkaore

It is good to spend time in nature though, it's like an eternal present moment, the plants, birds and bugs aren't worrying much about yesterday or tomorrow. Mindfully breathing, drinking (clean) water, taking a walk and soaking in the environment is great practice. Being in wilderness, if you can find it, a place not engineered by humans is good for the soul. But I only do it for a short time and come back to the safety of home lol. 

Nature's a good place for contemplation too. Without all the distractions and demands on our time, which keep us at a surface level of consciousness, you may find some deeper stuff bubbling up. 

So yeah, take good equipment, an open mind and have a great time! Might be a good idea to have a plan B to contact civilisation if things don't work out. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)