Justine

Taoism

11 posts in this topic

Hi there, just wondering if any one on this forum is on the taoist path? 

Posted (edited)

Most of us here don't subscribe to one "path" at the exclusion of others.

But Taoism is definitely legit - It obviously speaks of the nondual. Some SD Turquoise to be found in the Tao Te Ching (mixed in with healthy SD Blue - a fascinating blend).

Inquire toward that which Taoism is pointing at - The Tao; don't get sucked into the "-ism" of Taoism :) 

Edited by RendHeaven

@Justine As RendHeaven said, most people here don't follow any one path. The goal is to draw lessons from all paths and then create your own. 

I love Taoism and resonate with its principles greatly. It seems to be one of the last teachings which points beyond the Oneness/God meme and is also capable of providing an actual explanation of how duality actually works. In fact it's probably impossible to actually wake up from the dream unless you understand with the nature of duality (yin/yang).

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

I strongly resonate with the Taoist notion of practicing non-intention in the midst of activity — that’s what surrender is all about! However, I don’t quite resonate with viewing oneself as being on a path — not that I haven’t done so in my story... It’s just that it seems it could be a distraction from certain realizations, including some facets of oneness — this doesn’t move; isn’t going anywhere; didn’t come from anywhere; etc.

I believe one of the interesting points of Taoist thought is that the Great Tao isn't a source of origination, like a God creating things with intention, but rather "things" grow like tree's from the Tao as though it was a soil with no creative mind intentionally doing anything or even conscious of itself.

Tao Te Ching is one of the most direct and profound spiritual texts ever created. The entirety of the ultimate truth is described in it. If you can fully understand it, you are not far from awakening. 

There is no reason why you should only follow one path. It's best to try everything and pick out which works the best for you.

@Tim R well heres the thing, I've been a few paths already for years a time studying and practicing the principles and roots and with that i find that Taoism contains all of them. Taoism isn't like anything else at all. 

All paths lead to the same destination 

I actually did not seek Taoism I didn't even know of it. 

I just started to go with the tao and found out later on about Taoism. 

I dont see Taoism as a path its a flow and in it contains all the paths I take toward my awakening, or else why would I be here and why would I still be learning with Leo. Among other paths i study and gain knowledge on. 

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Justine said:

why would I still be learning with Leo

Funny enough the journey isn't about learning at all, more of an unlearning rather than accumulating knowledge provided by others.

Edited by SpiritualAwakening

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

I incorperate The Taoist Path into my spiritual journey. Out of the eastern philosophies, I consider Taoism as the most pure. The teachings of Lao Tze are divine wisdom. A True Sage. It is my personal passion to seek out such individuals now, in the modern age. I guess I found one :) 

Greg

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

6 hours ago, SpiritualAwakening said:

Funny enough the journey isn't about learning at all, more of an unlearning rather than accumulating knowledge provided by others.

gotta learn that first xD