Husseinisdoingfine

BREAKING NEWS: Hamas fires 130 rockets at Israel

231 posts in this topic

Crackdown and repression of basic civil liberties and human rights such as freedom of speech is antithetical to any notion of democracy existing within a state, same goes for the examples of Snowden and Assange. 

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Biased much?

Don't be posting this kind of selfish crap here. Your post undermines the entire ethos of Actualized.org

Just because your people were treated badly does not give them the right to now treat others badly. That's exactly how the Nazis justified the Holocaust. You are doing the very evil you complain was done to you.

Sorry, perhaps you're right. This is a very emotional topic for people like me. I thought I was coming at it from a healthy stage red/blue perspective, thinking that it might be a necessary evil for the Israelis to takeover the Palestinian territories by force in order to get the Palestinians in line. By the way, to be clear, the monsters I am referring to are not necessarily all of the Palestinians. I was specifically referring to the evil Palestinian gangs such as Hamas. 

What if the Israeli took over the Palestinian territories by force in order to protect all of the innocent Palestinians and good Israelis from the enemy radical muslims?

Lots of hatred is building towards israel across the world. I wonder how long before you have political parties in other countries that are calling for retaliation strikes against israel. There's lots of stage red people who use stage green ideals as a cover to pretend they aren't interested in retribution and religious supremacy.

Unless the Jews in Israel maintain a position of supremacy in the region they will be destroyed and oppressed again. If I were israeli I wouldn't listen to these stage green fools and do whatever it takes to protect the interests of my nation.

20 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Lots of hatred is building towards israel across the world. I wonder how long before you have political parties in other countries that are calling for retaliation strikes against israel. There's lots of stage red people who use stage green ideals as a cover to pretend they aren't interested in retribution and religious supremacy.

Unless the Jews in Israel maintain a position of supremacy in the region they will be destroyed and oppressed again. If I were israeli I wouldn't listen to these stage green fools and do whatever it takes to protect the interests of my nation.

Lots of Red/Blue on both sides (between Israeli Right Wing extremists and terroristic responses to Israeli militarism).

Let's not get it twisted, Israel is by far the most powerful player in the Region, and it's not the Israeli state that's facing an existential threat to its existence in this ongoing conflict (despite what far Right ethno-nationalists would have you believe).

Do people just conveniently forget that Israel is not only the most powerful State in its region, but also the only one with nuclear weapons? This isn't a fledgling nation struggling for its right to exist; rather it's the most powerful nation in its region actively denying that same right to a marginalized group within its sphere of influence. The fact that SD-Red has arisen as a response doesn't change the fundamental power dynamics that are at play.

"The mind is inherently embodied.
Thought is mostly unconscious.
Abstract concepts are largely metaphorical." - George Lakoff

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Lots of Red/Blue on both sides (between Israeli Right Wing extremists and terroristic responses to Israeli militarism).

Let's not get it twisted, Israel is by far the most powerful player in the Region, and it's not the Israeli state that's facing an existential threat to its existence in this ongoing conflict (despite what far Right ethno-nationalists would have you believe).

Do people just conveniently forget that Israel is not only the most powerful State in its region, but also the only one with nuclear weapons? This isn't a fledgling nation struggling for its right to exist; rather it's the most powerful nation in its region actively denying that same right to a marginalized group within its sphere of influence. The fact that SD-Red has arisen as a response doesn't change the fundamental power dynamics that are at play.

Israel is not threatening to wipe out the other arab nations. If Israel were to lose it's grip on regional supremacy it would face an existential threat.

People seem to act like that if Israel would just be nice then there would be no issues, it's a complete joke.

Edited by Raptorsin7

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Israel is not threatening to wipe out the other arab nations. If Israel were to lose it's grip on regional supremacy it would face an existential threat.

People seem to act like that if Israel would just be nice that there would be no issues, it's a complete joke.

The fact that Israel has Nuclear weapons, not to mention the backing of the United States, assures that de-facto it's the hegemonic power in its region.

Just because Israel isn't threatening to wipe out the neighboring States in it's region doesn't mean that it's not wiping out a stateless people within its territory (ie the Palestinians).

Shouldn't be hard to see how lobsided the power dynamics are between the two sides of this conflict...

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

palestine-partition-set-on-eire.jpg

Does no one remember that the arab nations refused to accept the partition and attacked Israel twice. 

If Israel lost either of those wars it would not exist. Israel could have wiped out virtually every nation in the region, which is what their opponents tried to do them

Edited by Raptorsin7

2 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

The fact that Israel has Nuclear weapons, not to mention the backing of the United States, assures that de-facto it's the hegemonic power in its region.

Just because Israel isn't threatening to wipe out the neighboring States in it's region doesn't mean that it's not wiping out a stateless people within its territory (ie the Palestinians).

Shouldn't be hard to see how lobsided the power dynamics are between the two sides of this conflict...

I don't know if you're trying to be dishonest but your framing is completely backwards.

I didn't realize the Israeli's were going around wiping out any Palestinians they find on the streets. I forgot the israeli's are basically just committing a holocaust

25 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I don't know if you're trying to be dishonest but your framing is completely backwards.

I didn't realize the Israeli's were going around wiping out any Palestinians they find on the streets. I forgot the israeli's are basically just committing a holocaust

And the United States didn't go around wiping out every Native American they came across, but the result still amounted to a Cultural (arguably literal) genocide, as a more powerful entity stole almost all of thier land and destroyed their Culture.

The history and methods of genocide extend back beyond the German Holocaust, you know. Sometimes it happens as byproduct of a group being unfortunate enough to be in the way of a larger and more powerful entity...

I think the best way to stabilize this region is for Iran to get the atomic bomb. With Israel and Iran both having the atomic bomb respect will sip through or they will blow each others.

Posted (edited)

BREAKING: NEW SET OF ROCKETS LAUNCHED BY HAMAS AS RESPONSE TO IDF AIRSTRIKES

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

لا إله إلا الله، وليو رسول الله

Posted (edited)

I know this is not the spiritual side of the forum. There is a group meditation for peace in Israel. If someone wants to join, change the UTC to your current timezone. The meditation is on 12:45, 4:45 8:45 AM UTC 12:45  4:45 8:45 PM UTC.

Edited by SolarWarden

Interesting observed dynamic [apart from being a political, ideological and economic interest one] , I think by author Ali Abunimah, of à nation's or people's collective buried subconscious and developed cultural values and norms how they play out in their unquestionable and dogmatic stance and support towards a country and a people they feel past guilt about inducing government paralysis, contradiction in espoused values and beliefs when it comes to certain group of human beings and uniformity in backing that country and people always no matter the context or consequences of that decision in an, at least, agreed and advocated upon international universal human rights framework. 

In short, not being able to honestly advocate and meaningfully support equally the norms of international law and the guarantee of basic human rights for all people, but to turn a blind eye or make exceptions for certain nations and groups. 

Posted (edited)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB123275572295011847

Very interesting and informative article about the predecessors to, origin and history of the Hamas political party and their former relationship with the Israeli state, just started reading it and haven't finished it, plan on doing so tomorrow. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1392619759015968770/photo/1

Edited by Milos Uzelac

19 hours ago, Lyubov said:

@HardkillMy grandma is a Holocaust survivor and her dad was killed by Nazis in prison. I felt the ripples of this event in her down my family line which is why I am extra sensitive to fear than most people. I’m not writing this to be some contrarian but because I don’t care for presumptuous and untrue points of view.

Take a wide perspective about the land that is currently named Israel. Any historian or trust worthy source will inform you the land was inhabited for roughly 800 years by the people there that go by Palestinian. There was a small Jewish minority that lived peacefully there with the Muslims and Christians as well but it was Palestine 100 years ago. Period. It is not right to colonize and push the locals off their land because 800 years ago your ancestors lived there. I realize Israel was very much born out of desperation due to oppression but I’m not going to stand for this BS story of them being entitled to it because it is their holy land. The US was largely colonized and conquered out of conquest for power and wealth whereas Palestine was conquered out of a desperate situation of fleeing danger and persecution. It was colonized none the less however.

That's mostly how I've thought about it. The past can't be changed. I would guess Israel's territory won't shrink in the future. But overall, I have no data or knowledge to predict. These things are so uncertain and chaotic, it would be fun to have a supercomputer brain which could predict what happens. 

Just intuitively speaking, Israel is connected to so many geographic, historical, racial forces. Israel may somewhat try, but it will never be like other western countries. 

Louis Theroux has a very good documentary where he stays with ultra-zionists in Israel. Theroux is Theroux, so he doesn't antagonise or judge the people he interviews, he let's you observe and see people without bias. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough