Husseinisdoingfine

BREAKING NEWS: Hamas fires 130 rockets at Israel

231 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

When the Israel media get's a good video of arabs attacking jews in the street they will run it on loop for months. 

6 minutes ago, 4201 said:

Why would the Palestinians do this? Were they really thinking it would do them any favor?

Hamas wants blood and war. This kind of extreme conflict will radicalize more people within Israel and abroad.

There's likely a growing number of people in the west who would be happy to see military intervention against Israel as payback for the years of disproportionate violence

Edited by Raptorsin7

Posted (edited)

@Hardkill My grandma is a Holocaust survivor and her dad was killed by Nazis in prison. I felt the ripples of this event in her down my family line which is why I am extra sensitive to fear than most people. I’m not writing this to be some contrarian but because I don’t care for presumptuous and untrue points of view. Take a wide perspective about the land that is currently named Israel. Any historian or trust worthy source will inform you the land was inhabited for roughly 800 years by the people there that go by Palestinian. There was a small Jewish minority that lived peacefully there with the Muslims and Christians as well but it was Palestine 100 years ago. Period. It is not right to colonize and push the locals off their land because 800 years ago your ancestors lived there. I realize Israel was very much born out of desperation due to oppression but I’m not going to stand for this BS story of them being entitled to it because it is their holy land. The US was largely colonized and conquered out of conquest for power and wealth whereas Palestine was conquered out of a desperate situation of fleeing danger and persecution. It was colonized none the less however.

Edited by Lyubov

Posted (edited)

If you want to learn more about the Israel/Palestine situation, American journalist Abby Martin has made some incredible documentaries and videos showing the extent to which Palestine is being oppressed daily. 

Edited by whatishappeningtome

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, whatishappeningtome said:

Yes, you can watch a single sided debate showing only one side as the victim, and you will feel great empathy. It's unjust and unfair that these wonderful people of Gaza should suffer because of geo-political issues that they have no control of.

But you are forgetting that not all Israelis are Radical-Right, and that not all of us agree with these radical politics. It's the Radical-Right who ignited the fire with the unfair quest to claim Palestinian homes in Sheik Jarah. It's the bad management of border police that created chaos near Al-Aqsa.

------------

Instead watch this: 

Normal people trying to figure out how to live together in peace.

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

1 minute ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Yes, you can watch a single sided debate showing only one side as the victim, and you will feel great empathy. It's unjust and unfair that these wonderful people of Gaza should suffer because of geo-political issues that they have no control of. But you are forgetting that not all Israelis are Radical-Right, and that not all of us agree with these radical politics. It's the Radical-Right who ignited the fire with the unfair quest to claim Palestinian homes in Sheik Jarah. It's the bad management of border police that created chaos near Al-Aqsa.

------------

Instead watch this: 

Normal people trying to figure out how to live together in peace.

I am aware it's one sided, and that Palestine may be at a red stage of development. But it's still a damning documentary outlining Israel even breaking the Geneva convention by sniping children. Of course not all Israelis are far right. 

Posted (edited)

My great grand parent fought in WW1 in the Ottoman army to defend Palestine from the British invasion. The Palestinians sided with the British and afterwards British gave Palestine to the British. It is karma after their betrayal.

Palestinians have to face the music, accept the status quo and Israeli designs for the region. There is nothing that can be done to change their situation. Now with conservative gov in US, Israel won't miss the chance to make permanent changes.

Best option for Palestinians to accept Israeli demands so they can have a place within the Israeli state. Palestinian kids would have descent chance for good education and life within Israel. If Palestinian kids grow up under Palestinian government I don't see any human development.

Edited by StarStruck

My journal on self-actualization, relationships and dating:

Pickup Express Journal

Those of us from other countries, even the U.S. can not settle the Isreali/Palestinian struggle.  I feel badly for both sides, but if this latest disagreement turns into a war of mass destruction, there will be a lesson in the suffering.  Those left alive will eventually have to conclude that fighting over little strips of land to protect imaginary lines drawn across a mental map is not the solution and will never be the solution.  The solution is to let go of feelings of entitlement over a specific plot of land.  It is the mental/spiritual development that will finally end discord.  But during change there always seems to be upheaval until at last the mental change that will alter the culture of war raises collective consciousness to a new heighths.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Biased much?

Don't be posting this kind of selfish crap here. Your post undermines the entire ethos of Actualized.org

Just because your people were treated badly does not give them the right to now treat others badly. That's exactly how the Nazis justified the Holocaust. You are doing the very evil you complain was done to you.

You really compare the atrocities of the Holocaust with the events that happen to some palestinian people???

5 minutes ago, Timur said:

You really compare the atrocities of the Holocaust with the events that happen to some palestinian people???

Both are effectively ethnic cleansing, just at different scales.

Notice that the psychology motivating the actions are fundamentally the same: fear and hatred of another ethnicity. Both are coming from toxic stage Blue.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@Leo Gura why is the west so ignorant about Israel? Like it is minimally talked about even between democrats.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

The whole notion of a Jewish ethnostate is silly. The establishment of the state of Israel in 1948 resulted in the expulsion of 700,000 Palestinians from their land. The Zionist project resulted in the demographics of Jerusalem increase from 20% to 80% Jewish very quickly over a 10 year period. If you know the history it’s pretty clear why the situation is the way it is

so i verified with news source ( in hebrew ) and actually the israely goverment did all the requests of hamas but they still shot rockets to gain political power in the palestinians mind because of the escalation during this days.   

have ADHD ? click here if you want to treat it:

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Notice that the psychology motivating the actions are fundamentally the same: fear and hatred of another ethnicity. Both are coming from toxic stage Blue.

Please elaborate. 

How can the motivation be the same? Aren't there different levels of motivation (in this case hatred)? 

The motivation of stealing some homes of palestinian people is in no comparison with the events in the Holocaust like burning jews alive or burying them alive in masses. 

The quality of motivation is complete different Mr. Gura because the actions of both scenarios are too different.

There is a correlation between motivation and action! The higher/worser the quality of motivation, the better/worser the action.

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, TheSomeBody said:

so i verified with news source ( in hebrew ) and actually the Israeli government did all the requests of hamas but they still shot rockets to gain political power in the palestinians mind because of the escalation during this days.   

Perhaps what you didn't read was the real motivation of Hamas. There was supposed to be an election in the West Bank and Abu Mazen their prime minister has canceled the election because he knew Hamas will win.

Did you know that Israel is in the process of building a center-left government with the help of RAM, a muslim party in the Israeli Parliament? I guess not, because people have a negativity bias, and they only look at the bad things.

Here's a tweet from an Arab Party member that's calling for his people to be peaceful:

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

I spent some time in the Lebanon back in 2007, including visiting a colleague who had family residing in a Palestinian refugee camp in southern Beirut; it was suggested to me that I should get myself a copy of a book published around 1970 entitled "Conquest Through Immigration" written by George Robnett to get a firmer grounding in understanding the background to what we see going on in that part of the world currently. Truly an eye-opening read, and highly recommended, IMO.  

9 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Perhaps what you didn't read was the real motivation of Hamas. There was supposed to be an election in the West Bank and Abu Mazen their prime minister has canceled the election because he knew Hamas will win.

yes i knew it, that is why they try to gain some political popularity, they didnt had any real reason to attack israel. i mean israel did make some "mistakes" with west jerusalem and with over policing in the demostration , it is not so radical for this kind of esccalation 

have ADHD ? click here if you want to treat it:

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

:) AHA!!!!!  This is the narrative pushed by the Israeli side. They LOVE to make it about race, Anti-semitism and ethnic cleansing. Why? So people forget and never really question how the conflict started in THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!   ?  Of course, people are not to blame.  The narrative is controlled and promoted by media that is owned and run not by a guy named Muhammed or Ahmed but rather Weinstein or Maskowitz.....................!!! Some issues better left untouched and not made pronouncements about. For the simple fact that people are clueless.

1 hour ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura why is the west so ignorant about Israel? Like it is minimally talked about even between democrats.

It's self-bias. It serves US power interests. They have little interest in truth or fairness. It's just survival.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.