isabel

voice in the head is ego? what does yours say?

9 posts in this topic

mine is really mean lol what does yours say or what did it used to say before it dissolved?

and what you put out into the world is reflected back to you so...

if the inner voice/ego is very negative is that creating a negative outer world for that person?

thank you

That voice I think your talking about would say and still does sometimes is, nothing is real (in a negative sense), you don't know anything, your not being honest, lifes pointless (in a negative sense), nothing I'm doing means anything (in an negative sense), your going to die, so whats the point of even trying, hate and rage of various sorts, demented thoughts and sexual images sometimes flash in various forms, what do these thoughts mean about me as a feeling and thought happen for moments and sometimes more heavily, my lifes been a waste of time. 

So all sorts of types of feelings, thoughts and images happen, but its just what it is...... not a big deal, sometimes a little more of a big deal....... but ultimately not a big deal, lol.  Self Understanding and Truth seemingly found through meditation, contemplation, life, struggle, joy and unexplainable Mysterious ways, seems to have made a difference, but I wouldn't claim its the only way to see into and through these types of things that weigh on a human soul and existence.

I also parenthesized (in a negative sense), because these are not inherently a negative, its just in how its understood and felt, kinda like a friend saying fuck you in a playful way and laughing vrs a stranger saying it to you and feeling hurt.

@Mu_   thank you for that honesty, it's so nice

mine does that too, it says you're not doing a good job, you should just give up, you should hate yourself

it says both you and I so it says sometimes "I am not doing a good job" 

no wonder no one wants to be aware of their thoughts, if it's like that for everyone?

good that you are seeing how negative the mind is, this is the first sign of an awakening

key thing to realize is mind and body is nothing to do with you, you just hitched a ride with them

mind body has come to do certain preset unchangable tasks according to karma

this is nothing to do with you

whenever there is a thought, you should say to yourself to whom does this thought come

it is to the thinker

but i am not the thinker, i am the whole, the reality, the Self

you just accompany the thinker on its journey, you are the awareness of it, the enjoyer of the movie it is completing

keep doing this and you can transcend mind, this is known as ramana maharshi's self enquiry

Edited by gettoefl

26 minutes ago, isabel said:

@Mu_   thank you for that honesty, it's so nice

mine does that too, it says you're not doing a good job, you should just give up, you should hate yourself

it says both you and I so it says sometimes "I am not doing a good job" 

no wonder no one wants to be aware of their thoughts, if it's like that for everyone?

Ya its like that for most, but in time hopefully like being in strong wind, it will just become normal and something just taking place, not a distraction or meaning something about you.  This is not a one and done kinda thing that you understand once and it happens...

gettoefl gives some good advice on how to approach this.....

When negative it says: Hurry up, you're late - you worthless piece of shit!

And when positive it says: Holy shit it's all so damn perfect and amazing!

All thoughts are essentially about one thought, which is I/me. Every time you find yourself thinking, you can ask "What do I want to say about myself?". It is something positive. If it's not positive, you can ask "Is this what I think about myself or what I think others think about me?" and then move to what YOU want to say about yourself, which is always positive. You'll notice that that image of yourself is very enjoyable, so enjoy it and allow yourself to love it. You deny it love and that's why it creates 1000 thoughts in your head trying to get love.

Or if you can, you can go directly to the I/me thought (which is more like a feeling) and enjoy/love it. That is the essence of self-inquiry taught by Ramana Maharshi.

The experience of thoughts for my lower self is such that it is very quiet and like a radio turned wayyyyyyy down but still mostly playing in the background. Sometimes the radio is off and I’m just engrossed and merged with the moment, there is space and things are just flowing with just the slightest feeling of separation which is just floating in the background and tends to mostly be concerned with not crashing the car while driving or tripping while walking. Honestly I don’t really pay too much attention to my thoughts or if I find the radio gets loud I let it go and it turns down on it’s own. I get all the usual human thoughts, some negative, some positive, some worrying, some strange, etc. I am not really in conflict with them so if I think something that would be offensive as fuck to say out loud I don’t really feel any resistance to it. If I’m overcome by a powerful painful emotion my mind tends to become very nurturing and calming with thoughts “you are safe, you are loved. It’s okay, I’m here, have faith, etc” I cultivated this.

31 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

The experience of thoughts for my lower self is such that it is very quiet and like a radio turned wayyyyyyy down but still mostly playing in the background. Sometimes the radio is off and I’m just engrossed and merged with the moment, there is space and things are just flowing with just the slightest feeling of separation which is just floating in the background and tends to mostly be concerned with not crashing the car while driving or tripping while walking. Honestly I don’t really pay too much attention to my thoughts or if I find the radio gets loud I let it go and it turns down on it’s own. I get all the usual human thoughts, some negative, some positive, some worrying, some strange, etc. I am not really in conflict with them so if I think something that would be offensive as fuck to say out loud I don’t really feel any resistance to it. If I’m overcome by a powerful painful emotion my mind tends to become very nurturing and calming with thoughts “you are safe, you are loved. It’s okay, I’m here, have faith, etc” I cultivated this.

That's amazing my dude ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them