StarStruck

Any good courses or books on breathing?

10 posts in this topic

Preferably a course. 

In Tate we trust

my mom really liked this. 

as well as: 

https://www.jessecoomer.com/books

Wim Hof instructor wrote an extensive guide to the breath which I skimmed through at barnes and noble. look prettyyy legit. 

Edited by Jacob Morres

The books oxygen advantage and true to form caught my eye.

In Tate we trust

I've heard james nestor breath is good, I'm looking forward to read it 9_9,
He was in Joe R. E, so u can chceck the podcast first and see if that feeds your needs, that episode is mainly about that book,
Andrew Huberman recommend it as well and he is proffesor of neruobiology - so I guess the book is legit from science stand point, not some woo-woo mambo jambo

Edited by OmniYoga

Yeah i just read "Breath" from James Nestor and can really recommend it to you guys! The book has changed my breathing behavior instantaneously.

Top take-aways: No mouth breathing, just nose breathing. Short inhalte, long exhale. Keep your jaws and teeth together. Chew a lot. 

@StarStruck

Jack Willis' Reichian Therapy (book) has some excellent chapters on breathing. A dude on YouTube, Devaraj Sandberg, made videos explaining how to breathe properly and proper breathing exercises using that book. And he also has an online course on his website.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

Learn kriya yoga and do it every day. Nothing else has improved my breathing and made me more conscious of breath.