DefinitelyNotARobot

What is the best video for learning about the fundamentals?

9 posts in this topic

I've realized that I am wasting a lot of time with very advanced teachings. I want to skip the fundamentals and find a quick fix for my life. But it won't get me anywhere if I can't even get my shit together.

So what's the best Actualized.org video (other resources are welcome too!) for educating myself about the fundamentals of self-actualization?

Quote of the day:

The wise man build his house on the rock, the foolish man build his house on the sand.

beep boop

I wouldn't even know where to begin. I have a lot of basic problems that are all interconnected. I'm looking for a basic over view/map so that I can go at it from a meta perspective.

Things like social anxiety, fear of responsibility , lack of positive action, lack of discipline, victim mentality.

I realize that I don't really know anything about myself and it made me question my basic assumptions about myself. I run on unconscious beliefs and assumptions and are trying to deconstruct those. Basically I'm trying to fix my basic ego problems so that I have a solid foundation for the more advanced stuff. I want to feel more grounded when I'm going to do this work.

But since my problems are so interconnected, I keep reliving them. Even if I fix one thing temporarily, another problem will just drag me down again. I'm missing awareness and understanding of this structure. That brings me back to my original question: What is a good video that gives us a meta view of self-help as a whole, so that I can find the best place to start from?

Because something just doesn't seem to click. Something about my previous approaches is heavily flawed. I just keep generating the same results and I want to fix that!

beep boop

Maslows-Hierarchy-of-Needs.jpg

Maslow's Hierarchy is a great reference tool. Ping yourself where you are and what needs work. You can still dabble in advanced teachings if you find they help or interest you.

I like Leo's society fucks you video

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I wouldn't even know where to begin. I have a lot of basic problems that are all interconnected. I'm looking for a basic over view/map so that I can go at it from a meta perspective.

Things like social anxiety, fear of responsibility , lack of positive action, lack of discipline, victim mentality.

I realize that I don't really know anything about myself and it made me question my basic assumptions about myself. I run on unconscious beliefs and assumptions and are trying to deconstruct those. Basically I'm trying to fix my basic ego problems so that I have a solid foundation for the more advanced stuff. I want to feel more grounded when I'm going to do this work.

But since my problems are so interconnected, I keep reliving them. Even if I fix one thing temporarily, another problem will just drag me down again. I'm missing awareness and understanding of this structure. That brings me back to my original question: What is a good video that gives us a meta view of self-help as a whole, so that I can find the best place to start from?

Because something just doesn't seem to click. Something about my previous approaches is heavily flawed. I just keep generating the same results and I want to fix that!

Do you practice meditation in any way?  Getting some perspective/space/comfort with yourself/thoughts/emotions in meditation can provide some degree of usefulness and inner strength to not be as thrown around with such issues as you listed.

I don't know the best videos, but these would be 2 good ones to start with and see what you connect with.  Maybe ask some more questions here after you watched them.

1 hour ago, Mu_ said:

I don't know the best videos, but these would be 2 good ones to start with and see what you connect with.  Maybe ask some more questions here after you watched them.

Thanks I'll do that!

beep boop

To be honest, I struggle with getting a partner I have been yearning for a partner but I feel so scared to get rejected. 

Meanwhile, my physical health is really good I think I have average looks I go to the gym and I read and meditate I have a life purpose and I am really happy but I do yearn for an intimate connection. I feel like I really want a hot girlfriend but I myself am my own enemy and I just don't go up to girls.