spiritualryan

HELP! trying to disidentify with a sensation

9 posts in this topic

i asked a question related to this about a week ago but i didn't get any answers to this specific question , so i will explain it more.

there is a sensation in my chest. it feels like a weight is there. and it is ALWAYS present. the only exceptions are the short moments of happiness/when i feel loved (which doesn't happen very often). i should also mention i experienced pretty bad bullying trauma in the past at school. now i'm trying to reach enlightenment as quick as possible so i can find the happiness that i long for. 

and so i self inquired as much as i could for a couple months/attended countless satangs on youtube, but i could NEVER disidentify with this sorta painful sensation in my chest that i mentioned earlier. i can't for the life of me find any peace in self inquiry either. i try to focus on the 'I AM' but this sensation is always fucking sitting there, like it's taunting me lol. 

please someone give me some advice on this.

Edited by spiritualryan
fixed a sentence

When you feel it lie down take deep breaths and scan your body from toes to head and relax every muscle. Once you are sure that all your muscles are relaxed focus your awareness on the pressure and try to relax it for as long as it takes to succceed.

@Tetcherand this will permanently get rid of it eventually? will this actually allow me to feel happier permanently?  i want happiness as soon as possible. i want to know because i will be spending the next few months alleviating this sensation through keeping my awareness on it. and i don't have forever to keep working on this. 

Have you tried EFT technique?

Please Iook it up and try it.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, spiritualryan said:

there is a sensation in my chest. it feels like a weight is there. and it is ALWAYS present.

I doubt this is cardiac related (but still see an MD to rule this out), it sounds like a physical symptom of anxiety to be honest. Do you feel like you have anxiety? Sometimes ppl repress their anxiety, at least partially and that can be an additional reason it comes out as a physical symptom.

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta yeah i've suffered from severe social anxiety and panic attacks (from bullying). how do i release this sensation? and if you're familiar with self inquiry, is this sensations pain the reason i can't find the lasting peace?

2 minutes ago, spiritualryan said:

yeah i've suffered from severe social anxiety and panic attacks (from bullying). how do i release this sensation?

I'm sorry but I don't think there's an easy fix for this. You should see a therapist or psychologist and get evaluated. Maybe some therapy will be enough, may not and medication might need added? Anxiety to this degree needs some attention to resolve. I suggest you work on that.

6 minutes ago, spiritualryan said:

and if you're familiar with self inquiry, is this sensations pain the reason i can't find the lasting peace?

I'm familiar with Self-inquiry. My advice is to back the train up and work on the anxiety issues, if not, then during Self-inquiry dis-identify from this sensation, see it's not the real "you", awareness/consciousness. It's a product of the "apparent" self which is subject to change.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

How does the feeling interact with every other feeling going on? How does it relate to your body as a whole? 

Don't answer these just make sure you are trying to integrate the sensation to the whole of your body rather then pushing it away. When there is a feeling that is stuck it needs to find it's way threw your energy system. It can be easy to get stuck in focusing way to hard on just the sensation itself and not how it is relating to everything else going on. 

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart.