SolarWarden

Wondering what mystical experiences are real.

20 posts in this topic

99% of all so-called spiritual experiences are in fact false.

This sentence got stuck with me. What if it is true? Have heard people believing that they are a reincarantion of Cleopatra, Jesus or a Lyran.

Obviously some of it can be true but mostly not. 

What would be the difference between spiritual experiences or psychic delusion?

It worries me that the "spiritual community" is falling into this psychic trap.

Edited by SolarWarden

That it is 'mystical' or an 'experience' is an idea.

3 minutes ago, SolarWarden said:

What would be the difference spiritual experiences or a psychic delusion?

A point of view.

50 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

That it is 'mystical' or an 'experience' is an idea.

A point of view.

Ok. 

That's it then.

How about this: 100% of spiritual experience is false. More, 100% of all experience is false, from the ultimate perspective.

What is experience? Who is doing the experiencing? All experience is bound to relative reality, and as such, is never ultimately true.

Not to discredit the dream. "I" honor it, but see it for what it is.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Actually you got it backwards: 100% of all experiences are absolutely true.

Since experience of any kind is Absolute Truth.

If you see Jesus, then you saw Jesus. Now, what you think that means is a whole nother matter. Jesus is imaginary, just like everything else.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ultimately, there is no experience. It is all changeless, formless, and attributeless, yet still infinitely abundant. Everything that exists is relative reality, which is profusely beautiful and ugly, all in dual states within the dream.

Is the dream true? Yes, but only in the relative sense.

Imagination is relatively, but not ultimately, real.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

If you were to be drunk for a thousand years; waking up sober one day would seem like a mystical experience.

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

How about this: 100% of spiritual experience is false. More, 100% of all experience is false, from the ultimate perspective.

What is experience? Who is doing the experiencing? All experience is bound to relative reality, and as such, is never ultimately true.

Not to discredit the dream. "I" honor it, but see it for what it is.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Actually you got it backwards: 100% of all experiences are absolutely true.

Since experience of any kind is Absolute Truth.

If you see Jesus, then you saw Jesus. Now, what you think that means is a whole nother matter. Jesus is imaginary, just like everything else.

2 sides of the same coin; everything and nothing

5 minutes ago, Ry4n said:

2 sides of the same coin; everything and nothing

No!

The coin only has 1 side: 100% Truth.

If you hold experience as not Absolute Truth, you are not awake. Go deeper until only 1 side remains.

ONE!

I had many mystical and psychical experiences, in that I'm naturally spiritually gifted.

I had NDE, premonition, feelings of reincarnation, sleep paralysis ( which is not exactly mystical ) 

I'm also currently working on trying to develop deep mystical experiences through remote practices.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

If you hold experience as not Absolute Truth, you are not truly awake.

Hmmm interesting, the Godhead doesn't seem like an experience at all though because that requires a subject to experience it; hence my belief why the illusion exists in the first place is for "it" to know itself. But I agree all "experience" is absolute truth in the sense that it is always just consciousness and literally nothing else 24/7. This could all just be a semantics problem though. All language is dualistic after all. 

You are getting too technical with your definition of experience. I am using it causually here, inclusive of Being.

Experience = Being + ego.

When ego is removed from the equation, experience is absolutized.

Just different ways of saying it.

The point is to absolutize your experience of life. Make your experience Absolute.

5 hours ago, SolarWarden said:

99% of all so-called spiritual experiences are in fact false.

This sentence got stuck with me. What if it is true? Have heard people believing that they are a reincarantion of Cleopatra, Jesus or a Lyran.

Obviously some of it can be true but mostly not. 

What would be the difference between spiritual experiences or psychic delusion?

It worries me that the "spiritual community" is falling into this psychic trap.

What do you mean by false?  What is true first of all in your view?

2 hours ago, ivankiss said:

If you were to be drunk for a thousand years; waking up sober one day would seem like a mystical experience.

Damn, that one hits different...

beep boop

56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are getting too technical with your definition of experience. I am using it causually here, inclusive of Being.

Experience = Being + ego.

When ego is removed from the equation, experience is absolutized.

Just different ways of saying it.

The point is to absolutize your experience of life. Make your experience Absolute.

I like that. Now time to fuck language off and meditate some more adyashanti style. 

@SolarWarden Well, in the absolute sense, of course, there is no difference whatsoever since all things are one thing.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@DefinitelyNotARobot This is f****n' bad a*s!

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Should had reframed it this way. How to distinguish a astral experience and a spiritual experience?

6 hours ago, Mu_ said:

What do you mean by false?  What is true first of all in your view?

Had this thing where I experienced past lives in great detail. I always had that subtle feeling  that these were false or just picked up from some akashic records. I saw the lives from a third person view, they seemed astral and my ego totally believed it.

Then I experienced what I believe was a real past life experience. It was felt in the body and was ancient and familiar. The ego didn't attach to this kind of stuff as it felt so personal and real.  Neither didn't I care about this "experience" like the false ones.

My thinking is. If you knew what your past life was then you wouldn't care. As it is so familiar like the blood flowing in your veins. Unlike a false one that excites the egos as it gives a new identity and a new meaning to live.

Is there any similar ques that distincts an astral experience from a spiritual one?

Sorry guys, I need train my English to better ask questions.

Edited by SolarWarden

5 hours ago, SolarWarden said:

Should had reframed it this way. How to distinguish a astral experience and a spiritual experience?

Had this thing where I experienced past lives in great detail. I always had that subtle feeling  that these were false or just picked up from some akashic records. I saw the lives from a third person view, they seemed astral and my ego totally believed it.

Then I experienced what I believe was a real past life experience. It was felt in the body and was ancient and familiar. The ego didn't attach to this kind of stuff as it felt so personal and real.  Neither didn't I care about this "experience" like the false ones.

My thinking is. If you knew what your past life was then you wouldn't care. As it is so familiar like the blood flowing in your veins. Unlike a false one that excites the egos as it gives a new identity and a new meaning to live.

Is there any similar ques that distincts an astral experience from a spiritual one?

Sorry guys, I need train my English to better ask questions.

Ah, how to distinguish an astral experience vs a spiritual one.  I have no idea.  Sorry.  In my mind they could be one and the same. But maybe someone else see's it differently and could help you more specifically.