Tim R

JBP on Psychedelics!

31 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, TheDao said:

@Forestluv You don't know how deep he has gone. Your just speculating.

Again your just speculating, you don't know it.

No, it’s obvious. For example, JP has rudimentary understanding of relativity. And he is not able to deconstruct his constructs of patriarchy, feminism, social structure and science to Nothing. As well, speaks of god as an external entity. He hasn’t realized that he is God.

And he believes his constructs are objectively true. If he had deep understanding of relativity and could go prior to his constructs, he wouldn’t talk as he does and he wouldn’t be so serious all the time.

His views on psychedelics and psychology are pretty solid. His politics are his weakest area.

11 hours ago, Forestluv said:

he wouldn’t be so serious all the time.

@Forestluv He's too serious yes. He has had great suffering because of life events. Ofcourse nobody is immune too that.  But that's the character.

You could transcend JP

But we don't know how far he is with this. 

His politics are his weakest area.

You disagree with it the most, that is something else. He is really good with politics, very green too, empathic , very good overview, an important contribution. I understand the truth creates defensiveness in people that don't want to know it.

Edited by TheDao

In one part of the interview,  the researcher mentioned  that they carefully screen the volunteers to keep out people with severe mental disorders.  In addition they have an environment where any medical care is readily available if necessary.  Despite that, about 30% of the participants went through a period of highly negative experience.   The Shaman in Mexico who conducts the ayahuasca ceremonies I attended doesn't turn anyone away who seeks help.  I have never seen anyone freak out in his ceremonies and everything is peaceful.  He has a special gift to hold space, and I have had some people tell me that he knew what they were experiencing.  The Americans didn’t know about mushrooms until Gordon Watson wrote about his experience with an Oaxacan healer in the 1950s.     

The interview doesn’t mention anything about the value of ceremonies or healing done in groups.  It views psychedelics as drugs and not medicine or plant healers.  Nor do they seem interested in consulting people in other cultures whose experience and knowledge far exceeds their own (he mentioned he has been doing research for only 20 years).  The West doesn’t consider anything legitimate unless their Shamen in white coats bless it with their statistical voodoo.  The good news is that JP seems to grasp the importance of psychedelic medicines, and introducing them into the culture that is fucking up the world can’t be a bad thing.         

Vincit omnia Veritas.

15 minutes ago, TheDao said:

@Forestluv 

You disagree with it the most, that is something else. He is really good with politics, very green too, empathic , very good overview, an important contribution.

You keep using the framing of “disagree” vs “agree”. That is not how I perceive. 

Imagine someone knows advanced astronomy and P-chem, yet only algebra. We could say that their weakest area is math. Yet it doesn’t make sense to say “we disagree with algebra”. 

55 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

You keep using the framing of “disagree” vs “agree”. That is not how I perceive. 

@Forestluv  He understand everything you know about politics AND knows why you are wrong on certain ones of them . Why certain ideas will do more harm than good , alnough for you they sound very nice and ideological. Sounding nice is nice, but it has to work in the real world.   

Like for example in chess. A beginner can think 2 moves ahead. At 2 moves ahead certain moves seem good. But JP can think 4 moves ahead. Thats why those seemingly good moves are bad in the end. 

Peterson puts a lot of effort to dialog with you people,sjw's also,  but you don't want to hear what he says. But he will keep patiently trying out of compassion for the benefit of all humans. But he will keep offering it for you.

I understand why you put so much effort into this. You must dismiss him. He is a real threat to you. Now to play this balance game in which you seem reasonable, but still subtly can dismiss him. But don't react to defensive , that will show you are invested in this. The best way would to dehumanise him. But dam he even cries and its on very important stuff. O  what to do next. Try putting him in the narrowminded category. O didn't work. Next tactic. O he is caring but it is shallow. O wait it is not. Whats your next plan? O doing as you are offering a teaching. O how generous of you trying to force your ideas. Nope not buying it. Whats the next plan? Probably blaming mee and banning me, I am difficult. Well ok do that then!. Are you that scared of this man and so deeply invested in this? His political ideas are not aloud to exist for you. How spiritual of you!

Edited by TheDao

2 hours ago, TheDao said:

JP : "There seems to be no end on how deeply you can investigate it. Death and deconstruction are part of life and in psychedelics"

Talk is one thing, doing it is another.

When it comes to death and deconstruction, talk is cheap.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It is never enough to just do a psychedelic. What really matters is whether one is eager to deconstruct one's reality. And obviously JP is not eager to do that. So psychedelics will be threatening to such a mind.

Psychedelics are JP's kryptonite.

My friends have taken more psychedelics than me and they're Stage Orange drones ?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I agree that on some level, on the cognitive side, JP doesn't want to deconstruct his world view, even his religiosity is materialistic, blue as you call it. On another level I sense that he longs for a breakthrough, for an existentially juicy experience. I know because I was like him before psychedelics, in a way his answer about how not to turn nihilistic (in the video I linked) is the worst he could have given, that's precisely because of those materialistic reasons that one is turning nihilistic. If he experienced his soul his shell would crack. Someone called him bitter in this forum, he's so bitter. But he's too invested in the world, he's a family man, he has his reputation, his following, liberating him is going to be so hard, psychedelics could do it if anything. Instead of seeking transformation after his benzo crisis he did everything he could to retain his psychology and he seemingly succeeded (which may have been the better move but he's still trapped).

7 hours ago, Tetcher said:

JP doesn't want to deconstruct his world view, even his religiosity is materialistic,

@Tetcher He is talking about deconstruction, beyond death , primacy of consciousness over matter. I think he is going to do this. Did it at least once probably, but I think he will go deeper.

On 5/11/2021 at 8:14 AM, Leo Gura said:

Talk is one thing, doing it is another.

When it comes to death and deconstruction, talk is cheap.

What about approaching reality with constructing? 

On 11/05/2021 at 1:07 AM, Leo Gura said:

He has a deep intuition for God, but not the balls to pursue it.

His mind was locked down by science. He can't see that, plot twist: science is the ultimate myth.

Some might be unable. Richard Dawkins for example has a history of schizophrenia in his family (perhaps also why he is so fundamentalist-materialist?), and Jordan Peterson has severe mental health problems. He has been hospitalized before in a coma from abusing benzos so hard.