Someone here

What is the ultimate fate of reality?

63 posts in this topic

Is there a point in the future where all of existence will simply vanish and dissolve into nothingness? Or is it just gonna keep going forever creating more forms to infinity?  What about my individual experience? Maybe reality has no end as a whole but do I have an end? Will my subjective experience continue endlessly? Or is there an end to me? What is the ultimate fate of all of existence including my personal fate? Where am I gonna end up in? Or is it just gonna keep going forever? ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I have a funny feeling that you already know the answer. B|

@fridjonk haha trust me I don't :)

The latest theory is that of the big crunch. The universe will reverse it's expanding process that happened with the big bang and crunch on itself. and that's the end as modern physics suggests. What do i know? All possibilities are possible. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

@Someone here It's all just a story. The idea that in the future there will be nothing happening assumes that's not already exactly the case. This is, always was, and always will be a singularity. Leo posted on his blog a theory that certainly seems plausible, but it's still a story -- the idea that infinite expansion will eventually lead to nothing happening; a singularity, out of which a new Big Bang occurs. Ad infinitum. This is already The Big Bang. You are no closer to the beginning of it than the end of it.

Edited by The0Self

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Is there a point in the future where all of existence will simply vanish and dissolve into nothingness? Or is it just gonna keep going forever creating more forms to infinity?  

Does the Absolute depend on some external source of energy it can run out of? Or is its creative power self-contained and therefore eternal? 

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What about my individual experience? Maybe reality has no end as a whole but do I have an end? Will my subjective experience continue endlessly? 

Who can experience reality but you?

Edited by Fran11

@The0Self if there is no beginning then there is no end? Was there an ultimate beginning or is it infinte in all directions?  Dude that's creepy af xD

48 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

Does the Absolute depend on some external source of energy it can run out of? Or is its creative power self-contained and therefore eternal? 

It should be self-sufficient. 

48 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

Who can experience reality but you

You? 

34 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Someone here how big is Reality? Where is it? 

If there is no beginning and no ending then it's infinite. And therefore nowhere. 

-Osho

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@The0Self if there is no beginning then there is no end? Was there an ultimate beginning or is it infinte in all directions?  Dude that's creepy af xD

This is not what actually happens but the view it can trigger is as close as I can point to:

Imagine technology advances so (approaching infinitely) far in the basically infinite future that we realize we actually need to create the universe in the first place. With time machines and access to infinite consciousness we create the universe. That would be a rather empty universe, right? No real beginning or end? Self-created, and therefore empty. Again, that's not what happens, but the view it points to is closer than what is likely to be an alternative view. What "really" happens is simply nothing being everything. Relative is absolute; unreal is real; nothing is everything, empty is full. Unconditional Love.

Edited by The0Self

On 5/10/2021 at 11:40 AM, Someone here said:

Is there a point in the future where all of existence will simply vanish and dissolve into nothingness? Or is it just gonna keep going forever creating more forms to infinity?  What about my individual experience? Maybe reality has no end as a whole but do I have an end? Will my subjective experience continue endlessly? Or is there an end to me? What is the ultimate fate of all of existence including my personal fate? Where am I gonna end up in? Or is it just gonna keep going forever? ?

Do you remember any past subjective experiences?  No, well then there’s a good chance you won’t again. But who knows. ????

@Mu_ huh? 

-Osho

Anybody saying they know the future is far more likely to be deluded than someone honestly admitting their ignorance. 

I think saying with certainty what will happen 30 minutes from now requires a level of madness and arrogance I’d rather stay away from. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Fate is nonsense.

The universe is just "ISing"

hrhrhtewgfegege

Infinite love.

Infinite evil.

Scary. :D

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

When that organism dies, there won't be even the slightest remembrance of a YOU or existence. So in that sense it doesn't matter already. :o

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

It goes on infinitely for eternity. The concept of fate or ending itself is constructed. You are reality/existence itself. Existence/GOD/Nonexistence is always unifying and separating over and over again. When you are God, you can create stories and experiences that are infinitely entertaining; thus, there is no reason ever to stop.  

I don’t know.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

When that organism dies, there won't be even the slightest remembrance of a YOU or existence. So in that sense it doesn't matter already. :o

You assume that individuality dies with the physical body, which you don't know.

@Someone here Reality will continue forever. God will keep spawning stars and planets and beings forever. However, you as an entity will someday merge with the one forever. To able to enjoy infinite consciousness forever, consciousness has to be infinite first, giving rise to everything forever.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Remember that you are imagining Us and what you are right now is the whole universe.

When your personal life ends, another life will start going on. And you will be conscious of that life too.. Because you are God :D

(Yes, I'm parroting Leo )