caelanb

RationalWiki

30 posts in this topic

I saw this page on rationalwiki about Leo, and who ever made it goes pretty in depth on explaining their issues with Leo and how much of a supposed scam he is. There’s literally a graph of stock phrases he uses when arguing.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Leo_Gura

:D

Please lock this topic. The link is delusional.

@Leo Gura

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Just for the sake of a thought experiment let's say all these critiques are true, it still doesn't change the fact someone is sitting there following Leo around trying to debunk and expose him because they disagree about some things. It's probably done to countless other people as well.

That's the problem with critiques, reviewers, judges - Even if you end up being right, it's still such a bitter and toxic way to be oriented with the world.

Like go create something positive for people. Trying to tear stuff down is an inherently negative game and a wasteful distraction from reaching your full potential.

It's the intellectual equivalent of scalping/pawn shops basically, they literally leech off the creations and works of other people. It's a sad way to live.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

10 minutes ago, Roy said:

they literally leech off the creations and works of other people. It's a sad way to live.

Welcome to 50% of the internet.

Bottomfeeders are found in nature and the internet alike.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Rationalwiki is the encyclopedic equivalent of reaction video YouTube.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The only value in this article is how loud I laugh when I read it. ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, caelanb said:

That is one butt-hurt stage Orange ego writing that article.

It's like he fell off a cliff and hit every branch of the stage Orange tree flat on his face. And he's so proud of it -- that's the funniest part :D

Sounds a lot like Joseph Maynor's ego :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Or, you know, he could just admit that humans have more consciousness than farm animals, having more value than them the same way they have more value than inanimate objects, which have infinitesimally low consciousness within a panpsychist worldview.

I love how oranges have to take any opportunity to "debunk" veganism lol. They get triggered by it even if it's not the topic at hand.

Glory to Israel

33 minutes ago, Scholar said:

I love how oranges have to take any opportunity to "debunk" veganism lol. They get triggered by it even if it's not the topic at hand.

So many assumptions, zero epistemic interest.

Full on science, without never wondering if there was something it couldn't explain or explain poorly.

Science = truth

Science = reason

Science = Go.... The big bang

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

So many assumptions, zero epistemic interest.

Full on science, without never wondering if there was something it couldn't explain or explain poorly.

Science = truth

Science = reason

Science = Go.... The big bang

The problem with these criticisms is that they are just assertions and so surface level it shows that the people who posit them usually don't even have any kind of sophisticated intellectual development. It's just lazy, there is not even anything to respond to. 

These people aren't even being rational or scientific, it's pure sophistry.

Glory to Israel

Was intriguingly thorough, will give em that.

If someone were to read through that before ever watching a video or reading through the forum they would think you were insane 

It’s for this reason I have never once shared this material with a friend or family member. The only person on this planet that knows I follow this work closely is my girlfriend and therapist. 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Leo_Gura

Hahaha, even by stage orange standards this kind of obsession with aggressively debunking a single person is unhealthy

Last updated May 8th, the person keeps their work up to date. They might even see this thread en route to find outrageous statements to cherry pick ;)

@Roy

20 hours ago, Roy said:

Just for the sake of a thought experiment let's say all these critiques are true, it still doesn't change the fact someone is sitting there following Leo around trying to debunk and expose him because they disagree about some things. It's probably done to countless other people as well.

That's the problem with critiques, reviewers, judges - Even if you end up being right, it's still such a bitter and toxic way to be oriented with the world.

Like go create something positive for people. Trying to tear stuff down is an inherently negative game and a wasteful distraction from reaching your full potential.

It's the intellectual equivalent of scalping/pawn shops basically, they literally leech off the creations and works of other people. It's a sad way to live.

Agreed. It's also gets interesting when you factor in if those that critics, do so because it's their calling to be critics, reviewers and judges of other works of people, they tend to double down in their work on reviewing other's works. In some cases, it can be done positively, but in this case and others it's done negatively.    

@Meditationdude coward.

@TheDao where you involved in writing this rational wiki article?

@Scholar i don't know what brain damage that person has who composed what you quoted, but that made no sense, like a pretentious bubble.

Edited by ilja

It's really unclear if the person who wrote that rartional wiki has autism or sociopathy to me. I don't know if you can qualify this as just stage orange at this point.

Holy shit this article seems much longer now but still only a very small percentage is a decent critique of Leo, almost all garbage

Somebody actually takes time to write these things O.o

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@ilja about incompleteness theorem abuse

Edited by Enlightenment

-- Kenneth Folk

@ilja Gödel's incompleteness theorem applies to mathematics and extending it to deeper metaphysics is very far fetched IMO. 

-- Kenneth Folk