Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackhawk

The madness of the human psyche

13 posts in this topic

There is no limit to how much bullshit humans can believe in.

And maybe the worst part is that there is also no limit to how convinced humans can be that their bullshit is true.

Some people can be so 100% sure about their bullshit that they don't hesitate to die for it, or kill other people for it, or whatever.

I once talked to someone who told me that she's 100% sure that the earth is flat.

And my mom has gradually over the recent years lost her mind, because she believes in almost every conspiracy theory there is. And of course she is 100% certain of all the bullshit. And she is constantly trying hard to convince me of all the bullshit. If the society/mainstream/scientists/politicians say something, then she immediately believes in the opposite thing. For example she thinks that covid doesn't exist, and that the vaccine is dangerous, even that masks and covid tests are dangerous. She once told me she pray every day that I wont take the vaccine, that I wont take a covid test, and that I wont use a mask. But of course I will take the vaccine immediately when it becomes available.

I think humans might be more stupid than animals. Because we believe in bullshit, and maybe animals don't.

This stuff applies to everyone. No one can be trusted for being sane. No one is immune against the risk of believing in bullshit. Not even Leo. Not even me. Not even you.

And this of course also applies to this whole post. This entire post might be bullshit.

Yep, full scale identification with thinking.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Your mom is Bullshit

Your post is Bullshit

This reply is Bullshit

Everything I just said is Bullshit

Edit: Bullshit is Bullshit

Edited by CultivateLove

Evil is infinite, but so is love (if you can find it, that is.) 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

21 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

And maybe the worst part is that there is also no limit to how convinced humans can be that their bullshit is true.

Humans don't believe. 'Human' is a belief.

I once talked to someone who told me that she's 100% sure that the earth is flat.

Do you 100% believe it's round? If yes; you're kinda in the same boat with her.

I think humans might be more stupid than animals. Because we believe in bullshit, and maybe animals don't.

This stuff applies to everyone. No one can be trusted for being sane. No one is immune against the risk of believing in bullshit. Not even Leo. Not even me. Not even you.

And this of course also applies to this whole post. This entire post might be bullshit.

I understand where you're coming from... But rather than trying to point out all the ridiculous beliefs others seem to have... Try and contemplate what a belief actually is and why it pisses you off when someone believes in some other idea than you do.

You will find that it doesn't really matter if you believe that the earth is round and she believes it's flat. Both are beliefs and not actuality. It's all bullshit, left and right. The left side isn't shittier than the right. They're the same shit.

Actuality is blank and pure. Forever untouched by all the bullshit.

So please; don't believe me.

dude they are surviving, you need to be more kind

On 5/9/2021 at 5:14 PM, Blackhawk said:

Kudos for recognizing this. It is easy to see the madness in others, while ignoring the madness in ourselves. Conditioning is the cohort of insanity, and no human is entirely free of conditioning.

In ultimate reality, there is no "you", no "me", and no "conditioning". How hilarious is that? Consciousness is so good at convincing itself that its creations have sanity or insanity, both of which are nothing more than distracting dualities within the dream.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

We're te only species capable of being infinitely dumb, and infinitely smart.

That shows something xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 09/05/2021 at 11:14 PM, Blackhawk said:

If we're a crazy bullshitting animal, then you're totally free, nothing is serious and it's all mad. 

Consider too the relativism of all this: bullshit is a waste product for the bull and food for plants and flies. Flat Earth is a good working assumption if you're just popping out to the shops, or spend your whole life in a little village. If you want to travel the world, a spherical Earth is accurate enough. But if you're a scientist or cartographer then you need to know about oblate spheroids. Which theory is more true? Ok, the oblate spheroid, but is it bs to ignore that and go with what works for your situation? 

It's like saying Newtonian physics is bs because it's less accurate than relativity and quantum mechanics, but it's still fine for most things in life. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)