Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

How to feel love ?

10 posts in this topic

What are / is the best practice to increase my level of love everyday ?

I don't feel love very often, I just feel  something like "wow it's beautiful, magical i'm lucky to be here experiencing this" I call this moment of presence, I don't know how to label it. It happens 2 to 4 times a week...

The only moment I've felt love, was with my first "mystical experience" three years ago (was lasting 2 seconds out of nowhere during 10 minutes of meditation) but the second one was deeper and I was crying of joy for more than 1 hour, I could'nt believe that I can be so much loved, It was so overwhelming.
and of course my first girlfriend, I was deeply in love during the first year of our relationship.

Edited by Gabith

Microdosing

Getting good at Samatha/vipassana meditation and then switching to mostly Metta meditation or just start with Metta but I find the first option more effective

As you mentioned - a new relationship 

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

"Love is not a doing, but an allowing. It is a relaxing into your true nature. Love is a joy of being. An acceptance of the right of all things to be. And a delight in the expression of all things as they enjoy their right to be. Once you allow yourself to sense this energy flowing through you, you will find that the flow will increase. One day, the dam will break and you will be flooded with unconditional acceptance for everyone and everything. "

You cannot not feel love.

But I think what you're wanting to feel is bliss, joy, ecstasy - even.

You can learn how to accumulate those feelings from within. There are countless ways. You know what works for you the best.

But absolutely speaking; it's all Love, all the time. And becoming conscious of that can be worthwhile too.

Edited by ivankiss

36 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

Microdosing

Getting good at Samatha/vipassana meditation and then switching to mostly Metta meditation or just start with Metta but I find the first option more effective

As you mentioned - a new relationship 

Do you have a good video on meditation metta to share ? I only know vipassana, I do it sometimes

@Gabith You can check out this guy https://www.youtube.com/c/MichaelTaft108/search?query=metta 

I personally do something similar you can find in Loving-kindness meditation instruction in The Mind Illuminated book

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”

― Rumi

@Gabith

Love veils itself as the activity of thinking / thinker. Sounds like meditation clearly worked (allowing the activity to settle, come to a rest), why not do that every morning? Expressive writing & the emotional scale are great for ‘what comes up’ (if anything). 

Also, what about just doing one thing each day which is for someone else? No matter how big or small. 

What about doing one thing for yourself each day, no matter how big or small? Sometimes the activity of thinking, carried over from one day to the next, for a while, creates a ‘big picture’ which can be like a mountain.. and then there is a ton of relief and a burst of inspiration in doing the smallest step each day, and allowing that to be enough.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

• Kriya supreme fire with the heart chakra as concentration spot
  • Heart chakra meditations
  • Devotion and listening to Devotion Music
  • Contact and connect with angels: Christine and Lady Charity (book: female archangels by Claire Stone). Uriel, Haniel, ...
  • Contact and connect with Saints and Sages: Anandamayi Ma, Mary Magdalene, Agnes of Assisi, Krishna, Jesus, Ramana Maharshi,...
  • Listen to energetically programmed audios: vibration of Divine Love from sapien medicine and Anahata from iawake 
  • Love and heart chakra youtube transmissions (from Kai Shanti, Mariella La Cunza,...)
  • Visualize a deeply materialistic person, and visualize how he is severly suffering from it. Now visualize how he has a sudden intense Infinite Love awakening :)

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Love veils itself as the activity of thinking / thinker.

Great quote